Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th August 2017, 22.45:01   #28-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Massive
Twitter: @

Default Re: M R S farce

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
It does not speed them through if they are standing on the Mold Road for 10/15 minutes queuing to get a ticket. Tonight was a clear warm night, not an issue. The issue is if you get this sort of queue on a cold, wet, windy night during the winter months, fans will give it a miss. Then when you are queuing you hear them tell fans getting tickets, you can sit where you want, it makes you ask what is going on. I can understand the concern for bigger games because of restrictions, not for this sort of game, get the fans in, make money. It was better in the shop by the Turf, when I have had to get tickets from the shop no waiting, no inconvenience, if some of your customers have concerns why not listen.
Bang on
Old 15th August 2017, 22.45:19   #29-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
It does not speed them through if they are standing on the Mold Road for 10/15 minutes queuing to get a ticket. Tonight was a clear warm night, not an issue. The issue is if you get this sort of queue on a cold, wet, windy night during the winter months, fans will give it a miss. Then when you are queuing you hear them tell fans getting tickets, you can sit where you want, it makes you ask what is going on. I can understand the concern for bigger games because of restrictions, not for this sort of game, get the fans in, make money. It was better in the shop by the Turf, when I have had to get tickets from the shop no waiting, no inconvenience, if some of your customers have concerns why not listen.
They can simply go in one of the other 2 stands, where they can pay on the gate.

Or alternatively turn up more than 5 minutes before kick off, when there isn't a queue.

Like I said, I'm not a massive fan of it. But it is what it is, and has been for 2 seasons, the club have implemented this and have provided a solution which makes things nice and simple.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.47:35   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

I got to the ground about 19.25, and their was about 20 people queuing for tickets. couldn't see anyone complaining.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.51:40   #31-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: mrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
They can simply go in one of the other 2 stands, where they can pay on the gate.

Or alternatively turn up more than 5 minutes before kick off, when there isn't a queue.

Like I said, I'm not a massive fan of it. But it is what it is, and has been for 2 seasons, the club have implemented this and have provided a solution which makes things nice and simple.
Just to answer your suggestions in order.

1. Choice.

2. Is 20/25 minutes to late.

3. The shop by the Turf, I was not a great fan of but better than my experience for this match.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.52:21   #32-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Storm in a tea cup.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.53:18   #33-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesfach View Post
Storm in a tea cup.
There always is, good job we won. Need to set up a "what will they moan about tonight" bingo game
Old 15th August 2017, 22.54:07   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Cold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
With each admission to the mrs an actual seat number is allocated. With cash there would be conflict unless the unsold seats were assigned at the turnstile as only season ticket seats are marked as reserved. Other fans who buy in advance, and have their choice of where to sit but their seats are not marked. It is therefore not possible to allow cash paying fans entry to this stand unless they are assigned one of the remaining, unsold, and random seats.
The mrs is primarilly for season ticket holders and those fans who like to choose where to sit in advance. That said there must be an easier way of making any unsold mrs tickets available in the period leading up to kick off.
Got to my seat tonight someone sitting in it, it had reserved and my name on the seat. He did say sorry, he was also a season ticket holder he thought it he could sit anywhere.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.55:30   #35-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

If someone could explain why the Mold Road has to be all ticket, I'm all ears.
Old 15th August 2017, 23.05:47   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

It's very simple
The MRS has allocated seating
You need a ticket with a seat number on it

Other stands have no allocated seating and therefore no ticket
Required

Seems straight forward to me

Happens at all main grounds in Australia

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.25:14.