Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th August 2017, 21.43:01   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Gateshead ratings

Dunn - 7 - not really troubled

Roberts - 5 - Offered nothing going forward, did ok defensively
Smith - 8 - Standard Manny
Pearson - 8 - Solid
Jennings - 5 - Same as Roberts

Mackreth - 4 - In Fyfields back pocket, one good bit of skill to beat him on one occasion but didn't give him any difficulty at all
Wedgbury - 7 - Did well but he's not a holding midfielder, he's a player that thrives on closing players down quickly and getting in players faces, which he can't do under the current system
Carrington - 5 - Didn't do much
Kelly - 2 - Very very poor. If Rutherford would have put in that performance people would be burning effigies of him.

Massanka - 1 - And he only gets a 1 because I finally witness him win a header, he did nothing else positive. How he stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes is baffling
Boden - 4 - worked hard and you've got to feel for him with how we're set up

Subs:

Reid - 8 - Looks a good signing. His reading of the game is good, he can win a header, he has great acceleration and it was a classy finish
Rutherford - 5 - Not on long
Hurst - 5 - Not on long, still did more than Massanka and Kelly though
Old 15th August 2017, 21.47:39   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

Dunn 8- pulled off some important saves when needed. Controlled his area well under pressure

Roberts 7- best performance so far

Manny 9- What a player

Pearson 8- solid.

Jennings 6- still suspect

Wedge 8- immense

Carra 4 - did he play?

Kelly 5- ineffective

Macka 6- some moments of quality

Boden 6 - frustrated

Massanaka 5- huffs and puffs but no quality.

Reid 8- player!

Rutherford 6- tracked back

Hurst 5- fair
Old 15th August 2017, 21.51:11   #12-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold road stand

Some high scoring going on tonight, I must of watched a different game. Until Penn went off for them and Reid come on I couldn't see us scoring if we played till this time tomorrow.

Dunn 7 marked down as he pushed a shot back into the middle of the goal and lucky Pearson acted quick enough to clear.

Roberts 6 solid
Smith. 8 great to have him back
Pearson. 8 him and Manny the best pairing in the league
Jennings 5.5 solid ish

Carrington 5.5 thought he did alright, I'd prob rather Wright in there
Kelly 5 poor tonight and didn't see enough of the ball
Wedgebury 4 I must of seen a different game to some of you as first half he was dreadful, looked a pub player. I thought he'd be the best signing this year.
Mackreth. 4. Nowhere to be seen, Fyfield was all over him.

Massanka. 2 good god
Boden. 5. Hard to get involved when the service is so poor, kept dropping deeper and deeper as our midfield is utter dog turd

Subs

Reid. 8. Impressed tonight, quick, strong and good movement.
Hurst. 2. Gave a stupid free kick away in last minute in a dangerous area
Rutherford. 5 Only on for 10 minutes and achieved his usual busyness

All in all our midfield is dreadful and no one is taking responsibility to put their foot on the ball, Penn ran the game until he came off. I'd like to think Kelly would do that if we played a 4-3-3, our passing and movement is so ponderous we'd get eaten alive in midfield against the better teams.
Old 15th August 2017, 21.53:18   #13-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Manny Smith (8) MOTM

Reid (7) Changed the game and won the game.
Old 15th August 2017, 21.56:02   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: eric roberts stand

Dunn 7 great save at end
Roberts 6 steady
Smith 20 outstanding nothing got past him i think he looks better now than his first season here
Pearson 9 what a cb partnership we have
Jennings 6 same as Roberts
Mackreth 4 diddnt have alot of the ball
Wedgebury 6 does his job well
Carrington 5 ok
Kelly 5 needs to play in middle doesn't have pace to play outwide didn't happen for him tonight
Massanka 1 does he know the offside rule
Boden 5 set up doesn't help his game
Subs
Reid 7 changed game good finish
Rutherford /hurst not on long enough to judge
Old 15th August 2017, 21.56:49   #15-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Yale Paddock

Defence sound although dropped back too deep when they were pressing for equaliser. Smith and Pearson very solid. Roberts lucky to escape injury after horror tackle from Peniket - how can the ref see that as just a yellow!!!???
Midfield battled away, but not much creativity. Kelly wasted on the left.
Forwards ineffective until Reid came on - Massanka's game improved from then on, but thought he would be subbed rather than Bowden. And to be fair to him he was getting roughed up off the ball by their No 5, again no sign of the officials taking any interest.
We needed a win and we got it, but still much work to do.
Old 15th August 2017, 21.57:36   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by krux View Post
Dunn 7 safe. Punches at the end did their job

Roberts 6 a lot better, not much going forward
Smith 9 almost perfect. That victory was built on Manny smith foundations.
Pearson 8 Excellent
Jennings 7 a lot more composed tonight. Did well.

Mackreth 1 truly awful. Not in it.
Wedgbury 6 pick of the midfield.
Carrington 5 ok, but he's not dominant enough to play in a midfield 2.
Kelly 4 in Wes yorks pocket. However scrapped and battled which is a good sign when he is not getting much luck.

Massanka 4 as per
Boden 4 ineffective

Subs
Reid looked a quality player and lovely finish from a tight angle
Rutherford did his job
Hurst did his job too. Nice to have some muscle on the bench.
Posted via mobile theme
This for me. How wedgebury got MOTM over smith is baffling. He won virtually everything in the air. Without him we wouldn't have been in that game. Frightening how Reid seemed to turn the game around. Not only metaphorically but literally turned us around from facing our own goal and playing backwards to actually attacking. Won some headers too
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th August 2017, 22.02:11   #17-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Poor first half credit where it's due we defended the goal well towards the end to grind out the win , what worries me is every time Gateshead broke forward they seemed to be able to shoot luckily they couldn't finish but I once again couldn't remember us having many shots that said if we played like that and won the league winning 1 0 every game I would be happy, it's fine margines at mo once we click and grow in confidence I reckon we will b fine here's to another 3 points on sat to a team that's struggling at the bottom
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th August 2017, 22.04:28   #18-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: uni end of mold road stand

Manny gets a 10 from me was superb right through, think he only missed one header and even that one he flattened their player so it just bounced off him, massanka well what an awful game until reid came on! Midfield average at best, boden isolated, mackreth uninvolved, had nil nil all over it
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.50:07.