Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15th August 2017, 22.07:12   #19-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Gateshead ratings

Dunn 7 - did everything that was required of him. Kept us in the game on a couple of occasions

Roberts 7 - didn't go to Dover but from what I have seen this was his best game for us
Smith 8 - standard Manny. Didn't give any of their forwards a look in.
Pearson 9 - didn't let anything pass him. Captain fantastic tonight. MOTM
Jennings 6 - tries a little too hard on times. Would like to see the overlapping runs into their penalty box. His passing is a bit wayward on times

Mackreth 5 - didn't offer anything going forward but like others he needs the ball played to feet so he can beat the man.
Wedge 7 - better game from him this evening
Carrington 7 - don't get the anti Carrington feeling. He had a decent game and moved the ball forward whenever he could.
Kelly 6 - as per others on these threads, I think he would be better suited to a more central role. The game passes him by out on the left. Having said that he played a delicious ball through for Reid late in the 2nd half.

Massanka 5 - works hard but no end product
Boden 5 - disappointed to see him being hauled off. Given the service, he could well be decent for us but he needs the ball played to feet

Reid 7 - took his opportunity well and his all round style enthused the team and the fans
Rutherford 7 - always works hard and his clearances towards the end of the game meant we were able to see it out comfortably.

Ref - was poor tonight some abject decisions and his general handling of the game was poor.

Last edited by Ddraigoch; 15th August 2017 at 22.08:19..
Old 15th August 2017, 22.07:25   #20-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: none given

Dunn 7 Did everything required

Roberts 6 Solid enough but no offence , struggles to cut out crosses
M Smith 8 Won everything in the air
Pearson 8 Solid and dependable
Jennings 6 Not the player I thought he was.Also will miss games due to suspension

Wedgebury 7 Broke up play well but needs someone with a good engine next to him
Crabbington 6 Just does enough but zero creation
Kelly 4 Anonymous game and a worry how poor he was tonight
Mackreth 5 Created nothing

Boden 5 Never threatens to score
Massanka 4 Oh dear, why have we brought him back ?

Subs

Hurst 5 No time at all but got stuck in
Rutherford 5 Ran around
Reid 8 Did more in 25 mins than any of the other 4 strikers have done in 4 games between them

All in all a thoroughly pathetic performance until Reid came on and used his pace to turn the defence.Football isn't a difficult game but by god we've been making heavy work of it until the young lad came on.

Something to build on but individual performances are way below par
Old 15th August 2017, 22.08:54   #21-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: Royal Box

Manny

Enough said!
Old 15th August 2017, 22.09:39   #22-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Manny and Pearson are immense
Posted via mobile theme
Old 15th August 2017, 22.18:38   #23-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Dunn 8 - Brilliant save late on, could have easily palmed in straight to their striker. Couple of good punches too.

Roberts 7 - The new Neil Ashton. Very steady. Very good in the air. Would like to see a little more of him going forward.
Smith 9 - Fantastic. Was the best player on the pitch. Didn't lose a thing
Pearson 8 - Won lots in the air, couple of decent clearances, keeps everyone organised. Very positive.
Jennings 6 - Decent. Should have done better to stop the cross in the first half, for their best chance of the game

Mackreth 5 - As mentioned in an another post. Looks a yard short of full match fitness. Believe he will come good.
Wedge 7 - Very solid game. Very good without the ball.
Carrington - 6 Thought he was solid. Made one excellent block late on.
Kelly 5 - Doesn't push on as much as is required in my opinion. Liability without the ball.

Massanka 6 - Think he's coming in for some undeserved stick. I actually some in get the ball down a couple of times, with nowhere to go. No wingers over lapping, Scott Boden not looking to get in behind. Yes there were some very frustrating moments, but think the comment about offsides are very harsh. Watched him have to arch his runs a couple of times as the ball was simply a second or 2 late.

Boden 5 - Not sure he ever got in the game. He's very neat and tidy with the ball, but he's a bits and pieces player. Not sure the partnership with Massanka will every work. He needs someone with work rate next to him (Holroyd or Reid).
Reid 8 Looked very lively when he came on, and breathed a bit of fresh air into the game. Great finish. Although did he win a header? Some good leaps but timed everyone of them wrong. Long balls to his head is not his game though.

Rutherford 6 - Fine/ Solid

Hurst 2 - Not enough time so would normally score a 6. But gave away one of the most pointless freekicks in history late on, when we were under pressure, which gave them a free ball into the box. Especially dangerous as I though their delivery was excellent all game.

Not sure how anyone in defence can score less than a 6. When we kept a clean sheet?
Old 15th August 2017, 22.24:24   #24-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgrounder View Post
I'm not able to get to many games these days, but that performance tonight is telling me that's probably a good thing.

Defence looks fine.

Midfield, I'm going to disagree with most people here. Wedgebury looked very pedestrian, whereas I've always rated Carrington as decent: he's a proper midfielder who does the right things incl moving the ball on quickly even if it isn't always forwards. That said, two sitting midfielders together clearly isn't working.

Boden looks good on the ball but perhaps lacking in confidence. He drops way too deep but that probably flows from midfield being too deep and a distinct absence of playing through the thirds.

Massanka was awful, the lad has no anticipation apart from anything else. Reid looked lively but too early to tell. If it hadn't been for that woeful backpass or whatever it was, although finished well by Reid, the game would have deservedly finished as a dire 0-0.

Did you even go to the same game?
Old 15th August 2017, 22.32:12   #25-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Manny and Pearson were rocks.

Alex Reid looks like a proper centre forward. Quick, good touch and movement. Obviously it's early to judge on 20 mins but he looks the part.
Old 15th August 2017, 22.39:14   #26-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
Dunn 8 - Brilliant save late on, could have easily palmed in straight to their striker. Couple of good punches too.

Roberts 7 - The new Neil Ashton. Very steady. Very good in the air. Would like to see a little more of him going forward.
Smith 9 - Fantastic. Was the best player on the pitch. Didn't lose a thing
Pearson 8 - Won lots in the air, couple of decent clearances, keeps everyone organised. Very positive.
Jennings 6 - Decent. Should have done better to stop the cross in the first half, for their best chance of the game

Mackreth 5 - As mentioned in an another post. Looks a yard short of full match fitness. Believe he will come good.
Wedge 7 - Very solid game. Very good without the ball.
Carrington - 6 Thought he was solid. Made one excellent block late on.
Kelly 5 - Doesn't push on as much as is required in my opinion. Liability without the ball.

Massanka 6 - Think he's coming in for some undeserved stick. I actually some in get the ball down a couple of times, with nowhere to go. No wingers over lapping, Scott Boden not looking to get in behind. Yes there were some very frustrating moments, but think the comment about offsides are very harsh. Watched him have to arch his runs a couple of times as the ball was simply a second or 2 late.

Boden 5 - Not sure he ever got in the game. He's very neat and tidy with the ball, but he's a bits and pieces player. Not sure the partnership with Massanka will every work. He needs someone with work rate next to him (Holroyd or Reid).
Reid 8 Looked very lively when he came on, and breathed a bit of fresh air into the game. Great finish. Although did he win a header? Some good leaps but timed everyone of them wrong. Long balls to his head is not his game though.

Rutherford 6 - Fine/ Solid

Hurst 2 - Not enough time so would normally score a 6. But gave away one of the most pointless freekicks in history late on, when we were under pressure, which gave them a free ball into the box. Especially dangerous as I though their delivery was excellent all game.

Not sure how anyone in defence can score less than a 6. When we kept a clean sheet?
Almost exactly as I saw it including the hurst and massanka comments
Old 15th August 2017, 22.54:27   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

Default Re: Gateshead (H) ratings

Dunn 7 - had nothing to do really bar that last minute save he did from McLaughlin.

Roberts 7 - Looked solid
Pearson & Smith - both looked really strong, won most things.
Jennings 7 - same as Roberts, was solid

Kelly 5 - Was okay when he had it, but wasn't in the game much. Don't think he touched the ball in the first half hour did he? Wasted out wide, needs to be in the middle.

Wedgebury 8 - First time I've seen him for us and he looked class to Me, was everywhere
Carra 6 - offered nothing going forward, worked hard.
Mackreth 5 - Didny really do much did he tbf. Didn't get at Fydield at all.

Boden 2 - First time I've seen him and I actually thought the boy was awful, he offered nothing.
Massanka 4 - worked hard, made runs that tried to stretch the deep back 5 Heed had and he actually had okay toouches.

Subs: Reid 8 - He looked really lively came on, won his fair share of headers too. Looked a cracking finish from where I was.
Hurst N/A

All in all i thought it was a poor game and we only really came in to it and looked better when Reid came on. Kelly needs to be played in the middle for me as well.

What I can't understand is all the hatred for Massanka yet no one has really said much about Boden? At least Massanka worked hard, came looking and wanted the ball. Boden didn't look interested what so ever.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.33:07.