RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Gateshead (H) ratings (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110265-gateshead-h-ratings.html)

1975 red 15th August 2017 21.09:14

Gateshead (H) ratings

Dunn 8 did well, great save to protect the points at the death
Roberts 6 ok, offered little offensively
Jennings 5 some loose passes, slightly better 2nd half
Smith 9 outstanding. Won everything. Not sure how he wasn't man of the match?
Pearson 8 very good. We have 2 excellent CH's
Wedge 7 better game from Sam
Crabbington 6 didn't do anything wrong but just not involved enough
Kelly 3 awful game. A passenger. Gains a point for having a number of selfies after the game 😁
Mackreth 5 in Jamal's pocket until subbed
Massanka 5 poor first half, constantly offside. Linked up better with Reid
Bowden 6 very little service. Didn't deserve to be subbed
Reid 8 made a difference. Great anticipation to get the winner
Rutherford 7 worked hard

Foxy 15th August 2017 21.13:10

Re: Gateshead ratings

[QUOTE=1975 red;2062027]Dunn 8 did well, great save to protect the points at the death
Roberts 6 ok, offered little offensively
Jennings 5 some loose passes, slightly better 2nd half
Smith 9 outstanding. Won everything. Not sure how he wasn't man of the match?
Pearson 8 very good. We have 2 excellent CH's
Wedge 7 better game from Sam
Crabbington 6 didn't do anything wrong but just not involved enough
Kelly 3 awful game. A passenger. Gains a point for having a number of selfies after the game 😁
Mackreth 5 in Jamal's pocket until subbed
Massanka 5 poor first half, constantly offside. Linked up better with Reid
Bowden 6 very little service. Didn't deserve to be subbed
Reid 8 made a difference. Great anticipation to get the winner
Rutherford 7 worked hard[/QUOTE]

Dunn 8
Roberts 6
Smith 8
Pearson 8
Jennings 7

McCreth 3
Wedgebury 4
Carrington 2
Kelly 2

Boden 2
Massanka 3

Chris Armstrong 8

foreverared 15th August 2017 21.16:41

Carrington and Massanka are shite both 4's for me work hard

JonWrexhamfc 15th August 2017 21.24:58

We were diabolical until we were gifted a goal. There was a real desire to win after that. Wedgbury superb. I like Carrington but offers nothing in the middle. Far better at right back but Roberts had a solid game.

Hometown Unicorn 15th August 2017 21.30:44

Dunn 8

Roberts 7
Pearson 9
Smith 8
Jennings 7

Wedgbury 7
Kelly 7
Carrington 4

Mackreth 6
Boden 6
Massanka 2

Reid 8
Rutherford 7

gresford red 15th August 2017 21.34:59

[QUOTE=owain94;2062048]Dunn 8

Roberts 7
Pearson 9
Smith 8
Jennings 7

Wedgbury 7
Kelly 7
Carrington 4

Mackreth 6
Boden 6
Massanka 2

Reid 8
Rutherford 7[/QUOTE]

Not far off from what I thought. I was baffled as to why Boden was subbed and not Massanka if I'm honest. Pearson was my man of the match.

Redted 15th August 2017 21.35:15

Dunn 8

Roberts 7
Pearson 8
Smith 8
Jennings 7

Wedgbury 8
Kelly 7
Carrington 5

Mackreth 5
Boden 7
Massanka 3

Reid 8
Rutherford 7

Sandgrounder 15th August 2017 21.37:18

I'm not able to get to many games these days, but that performance tonight is telling me that's probably a good thing.

Defence looks fine.

Midfield, I'm going to disagree with most people here. Wedgebury looked very pedestrian, whereas I've always rated Carrington as decent: he's a proper midfielder who does the right things incl moving the ball on quickly even if it isn't always forwards. That said, two sitting midfielders together clearly isn't working.

Boden looks good on the ball but perhaps lacking in confidence. He drops way too deep but that probably flows from midfield being too deep and a distinct absence of playing through the thirds.

Massanka was awful, the lad has no anticipation apart from anything else. Reid looked lively but too early to tell. If it hadn't been for that woeful backpass or whatever it was, although finished well by Reid, the game would have deservedly finished as a dire 0-0.

krux 15th August 2017 21.42:11

Dunn 7 safe. Punches at the end did their job

Roberts 6 a lot better, not much going forward
Smith 9 almost perfect. That victory was built on Manny smith foundations.
Pearson 8 Excellent
Jennings 7 a lot more composed tonight. Did well.

Mackreth 1 truly awful. Not in it.
Wedgbury 6 pick of the midfield.
Carrington 5 ok, but he's not dominant enough to play in a midfield 2.
Kelly 4 in Wes yorks pocket. However scrapped and battled which is a good sign when he is not getting much luck.

Massanka 4 as per
Boden 4 ineffective

Subs
Reid looked a quality player and lovely finish from a tight angle
Rutherford did his job
Hurst did his job too. Nice to have some muscle on the bench.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

northwalian dragon 15th August 2017 21.43:01

Dunn - 7 - not really troubled

Roberts - 5 - Offered nothing going forward, did ok defensively
Smith - 8 - Standard Manny
Pearson - 8 - Solid
Jennings - 5 - Same as Roberts

Mackreth - 4 - In Fyfields back pocket, one good bit of skill to beat him on one occasion but didn't give him any difficulty at all
Wedgbury - 7 - Did well but he's not a holding midfielder, he's a player that thrives on closing players down quickly and getting in players faces, which he can't do under the current system
Carrington - 5 - Didn't do much
Kelly - 2 - Very very poor. If Rutherford would have put in that performance people would be burning effigies of him.

Massanka - 1 - And he only gets a 1 because I finally witness him win a header, he did nothing else positive. How he stayed on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes is baffling
Boden - 4 - worked hard and you've got to feel for him with how we're set up

Subs:

Reid - 8 - Looks a good signing. His reading of the game is good, he can win a header, he has great acceleration and it was a classy finish
Rutherford - 5 - Not on long
Hurst - 5 - Not on long, still did more than Massanka and Kelly though

Drury-red 15th August 2017 21.47:39

Dunn 8- pulled off some important saves when needed. Controlled his area well under pressure

Roberts 7- best performance so far

Manny 9- What a player

Pearson 8- solid.

Jennings 6- still suspect

Wedge 8- immense

Carra 4 - did he play?

Kelly 5- ineffective

Macka 6- some moments of quality

Boden 6 - frustrated

Massanaka 5- huffs and puffs but no quality.

Reid 8- player!

Rutherford 6- tracked back

Hurst 5- fair

OneLoveWrexham 15th August 2017 21.51:11

Some high scoring going on tonight, I must of watched a different game. Until Penn went off for them and Reid come on I couldn't see us scoring if we played till this time tomorrow.

Dunn 7 marked down as he pushed a shot back into the middle of the goal and lucky Pearson acted quick enough to clear.

Roberts 6 solid
Smith. 8 great to have him back
Pearson. 8 him and Manny the best pairing in the league
Jennings 5.5 solid ish

Carrington 5.5 thought he did alright, I'd prob rather Wright in there
Kelly 5 poor tonight and didn't see enough of the ball
Wedgebury 4 I must of seen a different game to some of you as first half he was dreadful, looked a pub player. I thought he'd be the best signing this year.
Mackreth. 4. Nowhere to be seen, Fyfield was all over him.

Massanka. 2 good god
Boden. 5. Hard to get involved when the service is so poor, kept dropping deeper and deeper as our midfield is utter dog turd

Subs

Reid. 8. Impressed tonight, quick, strong and good movement.
Hurst. 2. Gave a stupid free kick away in last minute in a dangerous area
Rutherford. 5 Only on for 10 minutes and achieved his usual busyness

All in all our midfield is dreadful and no one is taking responsibility to put their foot on the ball, Penn ran the game until he came off. I'd like to think Kelly would do that if we played a 4-3-3, our passing and movement is so ponderous we'd get eaten alive in midfield against the better teams.

Prodigal Dragon 15th August 2017 21.53:18

Manny Smith (8) MOTM

Reid (7) Changed the game and won the game.

flintred1983 15th August 2017 21.56:02

Dunn 7 great save at end
Roberts 6 steady
Smith 20 outstanding nothing got past him i think he looks better now than his first season here
Pearson 9 what a cb partnership we have
Jennings 6 same as Roberts
Mackreth 4 diddnt have alot of the ball
Wedgebury 6 does his job well
Carrington 5 ok
Kelly 5 needs to play in middle doesn't have pace to play outwide didn't happen for him tonight
Massanka 1 does he know the offside rule
Boden 5 set up doesn't help his game
Subs
Reid 7 changed game good finish
Rutherford /hurst not on long enough to judge

BennoKarlShintz 15th August 2017 21.56:49

Defence sound although dropped back too deep when they were pressing for equaliser. Smith and Pearson very solid. Roberts lucky to escape injury after horror tackle from Peniket - how can the ref see that as just a yellow!!!???
Midfield battled away, but not much creativity. Kelly wasted on the left.
Forwards ineffective until Reid came on - Massanka's game improved from then on, but thought he would be subbed rather than Bowden. And to be fair to him he was getting roughed up off the ball by their No 5, again no sign of the officials taking any interest.
We needed a win and we got it, but still much work to do.

standingroomonly2 15th August 2017 21.57:36

[QUOTE=krux;2062063]Dunn 7 safe. Punches at the end did their job

Roberts 6 a lot better, not much going forward
Smith 9 almost perfect. That victory was built on Manny smith foundations.
Pearson 8 Excellent
Jennings 7 a lot more composed tonight. Did well.

Mackreth 1 truly awful. Not in it.
Wedgbury 6 pick of the midfield.
Carrington 5 ok, but he's not dominant enough to play in a midfield 2.
Kelly 4 in Wes yorks pocket. However scrapped and battled which is a good sign when he is not getting much luck.

Massanka 4 as per
Boden 4 ineffective

Subs
Reid looked a quality player and lovely finish from a tight angle
Rutherford did his job
Hurst did his job too. Nice to have some muscle on the bench.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

This for me. How wedgebury got MOTM over smith is baffling. He won virtually everything in the air. Without him we wouldn't have been in that game. Frightening how Reid seemed to turn the game around. Not only metaphorically but literally turned us around from facing our own goal and playing backwards to actually attacking. Won some headers too

Wxmspiller 15th August 2017 22.02:11

Poor first half credit where it's due we defended the goal well towards the end to grind out the win , what worries me is every time Gateshead broke forward they seemed to be able to shoot luckily they couldn't finish but I once again couldn't remember us having many shots that said if we played like that and won the league winning 1 0 every game I would be happy, it's fine margines at mo once we click and grow in confidence I reckon we will b fine here's to another 3 points on sat to a team that's struggling at the bottom

mike.loretta 15th August 2017 22.04:28

Manny gets a 10 from me was superb right through, think he only missed one header and even that one he flattened their player so it just bounced off him, massanka well what an awful game until reid came on! Midfield average at best, boden isolated, mackreth uninvolved, had nil nil all over it

Ddraigoch 15th August 2017 22.07:12

Dunn 7 - did everything that was required of him. Kept us in the game on a couple of occasions

Roberts 7 - didn't go to Dover but from what I have seen this was his best game for us
Smith 8 - standard Manny. Didn't give any of their forwards a look in.
Pearson 9 - didn't let anything pass him. Captain fantastic tonight. MOTM
Jennings 6 - tries a little too hard on times. Would like to see the overlapping runs into their penalty box. His passing is a bit wayward on times

Mackreth 5 - didn't offer anything going forward but like others he needs the ball played to feet so he can beat the man.
Wedge 7 - better game from him this evening
Carrington 7 - don't get the anti Carrington feeling. He had a decent game and moved the ball forward whenever he could.
Kelly 6 - as per others on these threads, I think he would be better suited to a more central role. The game passes him by out on the left. Having said that he played a delicious ball through for Reid late in the 2nd half.

Massanka 5 - works hard but no end product
Boden 5 - disappointed to see him being hauled off. Given the service, he could well be decent for us but he needs the ball played to feet

Reid 7 - took his opportunity well and his all round style enthused the team and the fans
Rutherford 7 - always works hard and his clearances towards the end of the game meant we were able to see it out comfortably.

Ref - was poor tonight some abject decisions and his general handling of the game was poor.

Back of the Kop 15th August 2017 22.07:25

Dunn 7 Did everything required

Roberts 6 Solid enough but no offence , struggles to cut out crosses
M Smith 8 Won everything in the air
Pearson 8 Solid and dependable
Jennings 6 Not the player I thought he was.Also will miss games due to suspension

Wedgebury 7 Broke up play well but needs someone with a good engine next to him
Crabbington 6 Just does enough but zero creation
Kelly 4 Anonymous game and a worry how poor he was tonight
Mackreth 5 Created nothing

Boden 5 Never threatens to score
Massanka 4 Oh dear, why have we brought him back ?

Subs

Hurst 5 No time at all but got stuck in
Rutherford 5 Ran around
Reid 8 Did more in 25 mins than any of the other 4 strikers have done in 4 games between them

All in all a thoroughly pathetic performance until Reid came on and used his pace to turn the defence.Football isn't a difficult game but by god we've been making heavy work of it until the young lad came on.

Something to build on but individual performances are way below par

Gas Powered Rattle 15th August 2017 22.08:54

Manny

Enough said!

WREX01 15th August 2017 22.09:39

Manny and Pearson are immense

LWR 15th August 2017 22.18:38

Dunn 8 - Brilliant save late on, could have easily palmed in straight to their striker. Couple of good punches too.

Roberts 7 - The new Neil Ashton. Very steady. Very good in the air. Would like to see a little more of him going forward.
Smith 9 - Fantastic. Was the best player on the pitch. Didn't lose a thing
Pearson 8 - Won lots in the air, couple of decent clearances, keeps everyone organised. Very positive.
Jennings 6 - Decent. Should have done better to stop the cross in the first half, for their best chance of the game

Mackreth 5 - As mentioned in an another post. Looks a yard short of full match fitness. Believe he will come good.
Wedge 7 - Very solid game. Very good without the ball.
Carrington - 6 Thought he was solid. Made one excellent block late on.
Kelly 5 - Doesn't push on as much as is required in my opinion. Liability without the ball.

Massanka 6 - Think he's coming in for some undeserved stick. I actually some in get the ball down a couple of times, with nowhere to go. No wingers over lapping, Scott Boden not looking to get in behind. Yes there were some very frustrating moments, but think the comment about offsides are very harsh. Watched him have to arch his runs a couple of times as the ball was simply a second or 2 late.

Boden 5 - Not sure he ever got in the game. He's very neat and tidy with the ball, but he's a bits and pieces player. Not sure the partnership with Massanka will every work. He needs someone with work rate next to him (Holroyd or Reid).
Reid 8 Looked very lively when he came on, and breathed a bit of fresh air into the game. Great finish. Although did he win a header? Some good leaps but timed everyone of them wrong. Long balls to his head is not his game though.

Rutherford 6 - Fine/ Solid

Hurst 2 - Not enough time so would normally score a 6. But gave away one of the most pointless freekicks in history late on, when we were under pressure, which gave them a free ball into the box. Especially dangerous as I though their delivery was excellent all game.

Not sure how anyone in defence can score less than a 6. When we kept a clean sheet?

Wrex4life 15th August 2017 22.24:24

[QUOTE=Sandgrounder;2062057]I'm not able to get to many games these days, but that performance tonight is telling me that's probably a good thing.

Defence looks fine.

Midfield, I'm going to disagree with most people here. Wedgebury looked very pedestrian, whereas I've always rated Carrington as decent: he's a proper midfielder who does the right things incl moving the ball on quickly even if it isn't always forwards. That said, two sitting midfielders together clearly isn't working.

Boden looks good on the ball but perhaps lacking in confidence. He drops way too deep but that probably flows from midfield being too deep and a distinct absence of playing through the thirds.

Massanka was awful, the lad has no anticipation apart from anything else. Reid looked lively but too early to tell. If it hadn't been for that woeful backpass or whatever it was, although finished well by Reid, the game would have deservedly finished as a dire 0-0.[/QUOTE]

Did you even go to the same game?

smiffysarmy 15th August 2017 22.32:12

Manny and Pearson were rocks.

Alex Reid looks like a proper centre forward. Quick, good touch and movement. Obviously it's early to judge on 20 mins but he looks the part.

moynkeepthefaith 15th August 2017 22.39:14

[QUOTE=LWR;2062100]Dunn 8 - Brilliant save late on, could have easily palmed in straight to their striker. Couple of good punches too.

Roberts 7 - The new Neil Ashton. Very steady. Very good in the air. Would like to see a little more of him going forward.
Smith 9 - Fantastic. Was the best player on the pitch. Didn't lose a thing
Pearson 8 - Won lots in the air, couple of decent clearances, keeps everyone organised. Very positive.
Jennings 6 - Decent. Should have done better to stop the cross in the first half, for their best chance of the game

Mackreth 5 - As mentioned in an another post. Looks a yard short of full match fitness. Believe he will come good.
Wedge 7 - Very solid game. Very good without the ball.
Carrington - 6 Thought he was solid. Made one excellent block late on.
Kelly 5 - Doesn't push on as much as is required in my opinion. Liability without the ball.

Massanka 6 - Think he's coming in for some undeserved stick. I actually some in get the ball down a couple of times, with nowhere to go. No wingers over lapping, Scott Boden not looking to get in behind. Yes there were some very frustrating moments, but think the comment about offsides are very harsh. Watched him have to arch his runs a couple of times as the ball was simply a second or 2 late.

Boden 5 - Not sure he ever got in the game. He's very neat and tidy with the ball, but he's a bits and pieces player. Not sure the partnership with Massanka will every work. He needs someone with work rate next to him (Holroyd or Reid).
Reid 8 Looked very lively when he came on, and breathed a bit of fresh air into the game. Great finish. Although did he win a header? Some good leaps but timed everyone of them wrong. Long balls to his head is not his game though.

Rutherford 6 - Fine/ Solid

Hurst 2 - Not enough time so would normally score a 6. But gave away one of the most pointless freekicks in history late on, when we were under pressure, which gave them a free ball into the box. Especially dangerous as I though their delivery was excellent all game.

Not sure how anyone in defence can score less than a 6. When we kept a clean sheet?[/QUOTE]

Almost exactly as I saw it including the hurst and massanka comments

wrexhamforever16 15th August 2017 22.54:27

Re: Gateshead (H) ratings

Dunn 7 - had nothing to do really bar that last minute save he did from McLaughlin.

Roberts 7 - Looked solid
Pearson & Smith - both looked really strong, won most things.
Jennings 7 - same as Roberts, was solid

Kelly 5 - Was okay when he had it, but wasn't in the game much. Don't think he touched the ball in the first half hour did he? Wasted out wide, needs to be in the middle.

Wedgebury 8 - First time I've seen him for us and he looked class to Me, was everywhere
Carra 6 - offered nothing going forward, worked hard.
Mackreth 5 - Didny really do much did he tbf. Didn't get at Fydield at all.

Boden 2 - First time I've seen him and I actually thought the boy was awful, he offered nothing.
Massanka 4 - worked hard, made runs that tried to stretch the deep back 5 Heed had and he actually had okay toouches.

Subs: Reid 8 - He looked really lively came on, won his fair share of headers too. Looked a cracking finish from where I was.
Hurst N/A

All in all i thought it was a poor game and we only really came in to it and looked better when Reid came on. Kelly needs to be played in the middle for me as well.

What I can't understand is all the hatred for Massanka yet no one has really said much about Boden? At least Massanka worked hard, came looking and wanted the ball. Boden didn't look interested what so ever.

wrexhamforever16 15th August 2017 22.58:04

Can't believe how many are slating Massanka but saying Boden did okay!

jonesfach 15th August 2017 22.59:26

[QUOTE=mike.loretta;2062086]Manny gets a 10 from me was superb right through, think he only missed one header and even that one he flattened their player so it just bounced off him, massanka well what an awful game until reid came on! Midfield average at best, boden isolated, mackreth uninvolved, had nil nil all over it

Manny smith head and shoulders our best player....:)

jonesfach 15th August 2017 23.00:25

[QUOTE=Wrex4life;2062105]Did you even go to the same game?[/QUOTE]

He's mostly right....what did you think.

t1954 15th August 2017 23.04:31

[QUOTE=wrexhamforever16;2062128]Can't believe how many are slating Massanka but saying Boden did okay![/QUOTE]

Agree, first time I have seen Boden, third time Massanka. Massanka for me, but he does get himself offside far to often and did not get a shot on target, to be expected by the supply from midfield. He did do the flick on for the goal.

dagg 15th August 2017 23.06:34

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2062067]Dunn 8- pulled off some important saves when needed. Controlled his area well under pressure

Roberts 7- best performance so far

Manny 9- What a player

Pearson 8- solid.

Jennings 6- still suspect

Wedge 8- immense

Carra 4 - did he play?

Kelly 5- ineffective

Macka 6- some moments of quality

Boden 6 - frustrated

Massanaka 5- huffs and puffs but no quality.

Reid 8- player!

Rutherford 6- tracked back

Hurst 5- fair[/QUOTE]

You give Carrington 4, I thought he done ok and you give Massanka 5 thought he was poor and doesn't now the offside rule.

wrexhamforever16 15th August 2017 23.08:30

[QUOTE=t1954;2062132]Agree, first time I have seen Boden, third time Massanka. Massanka for me, but he does get himself offside far to often and did not get a shot on target, to be expected by the supply from midfield. He did do the flick on for the goal.[/QUOTE]

Least Massanka was genuinely wanting to get involved, made runs in behind, stretching there defence. Couldn't believe how poor Boden Looked, didn't seem like he wanted to be there at all. Yet some will say Massanka had a score of 1 or 2:huh2: swear they have him marked down as a bad game before the game starts.

Wxmspiller 15th August 2017 23.09:36

On the funny side taken off tranmere fan zone they are sounding as gloomy as some Wxm fans on here lol

This is looking like more than a blip.The side lacks balance and shape our best central defender left out to keep in McEverley who is both slow and cannot defend balls in the air.One man up front with no service. We have started the season with four games that any champion contenders would have seen as an easy start and in three of those games we have looked no better than the opposition.
Forget excuses about pay policy,we pay more than any of the teams we have played thus far.Nor can we blame referees .The reason we have just five points is down to our shambolic performance on the pitch

At present this looks not only a worse side than we finished with last year but it also looks a worse side than when Brabin was fired.

Unless this is sorted soon I dread to think what will happen when we play some of the teams that are not among the favourites for relegation

pagl 15th August 2017 23.10:41

Cant rate from Vegas but sounds another game where 4 players get more than a 6 and the rest struggle.
Dont understand the Wright situation as Keates only wanted loan players that improved the team.
Mackreth seems a disappointment and Carrington still a 5 yd pass merchant.

We need so much more.

Birdy 15th August 2017 23.10:56

Should we be rating keates too? His tactics are shockingly bad. No wonder the players look sh1tter than they actually are! Oh for a manager who plays to a team strengths and is tactically astute! Also its mad we have more points than tranmere!!

StattoWrexham 15th August 2017 23.14:44

[QUOTE=Wxmspiller;2062136]On a plus side taken off tranmere fan zone sounding as gloomy as some Wxm fans lol

This is looking like more than a blip.The side lacks balance and shape our best central defender left out to keep in McEverley who is both slow and cannot defend balls in the air.One man up front with no service. We have started the season with four games that any champion contenders would have seen as an easy start and in three of those games we have looked no better than the opposition.
Forget excuses about pay policy,we pay more than any of the teams we have played thus far.Nor can we blame referees .The reason we have just five points is down to our shambolic performance on the pitch

At present this looks not only a worse side than we finished with last year but it also looks a worse side than when Brabin was fired.

Unless this is sorted soon I dread to think what will happen when we play some of the teams that are not among the favourites for relegation

Surprising result for The Tramps with their so called fire power!
Once they click into gear they will be fine, It's just whether they have enough to win the league. And look at Leyton Orient getting tonked 6-1.

t1954 15th August 2017 23.16:52

[QUOTE=Birdy;2062140]Should we be rating keates too? His tactics are shockingly bad. No wonder the players look sh1tter than they actually are! Oh for a manager who plays to a team strengths and is tactically astute! Also its mad we have more points than tranmere!![/QUOTE]

WE should, his tactics were so bad for most of the game, but got out of jail with Reid. I think it going to be a long hard winter unless he changes formation/tactics. You had a job to see where a goal would come from until Reid's late performance.

Hometown Unicorn 16th August 2017 00.25:10

Mike

Massanka found himself in 2 places tonight. Nowhere and offside. His runs are appalling and this bollocks that's being spouted from some people that he would benefit if the passes came a second sooner needs to stop. If this was the case, he should either adapt his game to make his runs at different times or speak to the players if they're not picking up on his runs.

noisy1 16th August 2017 01.16:50

TTFT, I thought I was going nuts,

Masanka is putting effort in but we are not playing to his strengths, his biggest asset is his pace so it is no use playing the ball to his feet ( plenty on here will tell you he is useless with his back to goal and can't control the ball), stick the ball 10 yards ahead of him so that he can run onto it and that will get the opposition filling their pants. Several times tonight when he was waiting to be played in and the simple defense splitting pass wasn't made. Admittedly there were as many times when the pass was made that he was caught offside so he needs to work on that and realise that he can afford to give defenders a yard and still beat them for pace.

I've seen Boden twice or that is to say I've watched the two home games and hadn't really noticed him in either tbh and listened to the commentary to both away matches and he has hardly been mentioned.
We picked up a bit when Boden was replaced by Reid, I don't think that that was because the team changed how they were playing but more likely that we had a fresh lad on the pitch who knew how to get at the opposition.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.55:11.