Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th August 2017, 09.59:20   #10-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road
Twitter: @

Default Re: Attacking football?

Lets not be too disappointed if we don't suddenly click today and steam roll Woking, 3 points is very much needed.
A more committed performance,, winning a few more headers, 50/50s & second balls then far less sloppy when in possession, protecting the ball would be great start. Hopefully the team can show far more confidence and not allow Woking to dictate as many periods of play as our opposition have done so far.

Last edited by davewilli; 26th August 2017 at 10.02:20..
Old 26th August 2017, 10.22:17   #11-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
I think we are all pretty clear really that the reason we aren't hitting the target, or even getting shots away at all, is we are simply not set up to attack, particularly from midfield. Everything is set up to play chess with the opposition, stroke the ball around sideways and backwards, maintain possession, etc etc. The trouble is, these tactics are only suited to gifted pro's at a much higher level.
I'm not even sure we are set up to do that though. When we get possession, neither Wedgebury or Carrington are moving and looking to receive the ball and then create something. They'be either been told to sit back and just chase around defensively and give it to a defender to do something or they're just both crap midfielders. I'm starting to think the latter sadly.
Old 26th August 2017, 10.45:37   #12-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
Just picking up on a comment off another thread saying we look like we are 'set up to not lose rather than win a game', I think that might have some truth in it. Quite 'Wilkinesqe'

2 defensive midfielders in Carrington and Wedgebury would suggest this, and now with a forced change with Carrington being suspended I would hope to see Akil Wright brought in, or Leo Smith, 2 players that are more attack minded.

We need to have a real go at Woking today. They are no great shakes by all means, and a win and a decent attacking performance would go a long way to lifting the spirits

C'mon the Town!!
Well the "set up not to lose rather than win a game" ploy isn't working is it? We've lost 3 out of 5. Perhaps if Keates sets up to win a game we might manage a draw.
Old 26th August 2017, 10.46:56   #13-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: none given

If, just if, WST made it compulsory for DK, AD, and every player in the squad to read RP diligently, every day, do we think it would bring changes to the style and quality of play (and management at all levels maybe)?

After all, it's a Supporters Owned club, so shouldn't the expert views on here be taken seriously?
Old 26th August 2017, 11.04:11   #14-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post
If, just if, WST made it compulsory for DK, AD, and every player in the squad to read RP diligently, every day, do we think it would bring changes to the style and quality of play (and management at all levels maybe)?

After all, it's a Supporters Owned club, so shouldn't the expert views on here be taken seriously?
No, let's be honest, they are the ones in the positions of coaching staff, and pro footballer, cos they know more than we do, to be fair!

Bit that'll never stop fans from analysing what's wrong, what could be done to improve things etc

We all (or most of us) have played the game ourselves too, so we feel even more like we have a right to dish out advice I myself can't help doing that, that's football eh

Point taken though, we aren't the experts, with all due respect. In many ways I hope none of the players or staff ever read RP

Old 26th August 2017, 11.27:02   #15-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Kop end

I would like to see Leo on the left side of mid and Kelly staying more central.

Ho hum
Old 26th August 2017, 11.56:31   #16-0 (permalink)
Legend

Just taken a look at Betfred, and apparently we've lost 4 of our last 5 home games against mid table teams, and they've won 4 of their last 5 aways against mid table teams.

They've still got us 10/11 to win tho
Old 26th August 2017, 12.23:24   #17-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
No, let's be honest, they are the ones in the positions of coaching staff, and pro footballer, cos they know more than we do, to be fair!

Bit that'll never stop fans from analysing what's wrong, what could be done to improve things etc

We all (or most of us) have played the game ourselves too, so we feel even more like we have a right to dish out advice I myself can't help doing that, that's football eh

Point taken though, we aren't the experts, with all due respect. In many ways I hope none of the players or staff ever read RP

I was being sarcastic regarding our expertise, but more than half-serious in suggesting that the players and coaches on the one hand, and the management on the other, should realise the frustration and dissatisfaction that abounds as a result of their poor performances so far - and in previous seasons.
Old 26th August 2017, 13.24:23   #18-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Way Is Up View Post

If all our players and staff read the comments on RP there would by a long queue on Fron Aqueduct
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.45:45.