Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th August 2017, 11.58:22   #1-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: mold road or sainsbury
Twitter: @

Default The way our grass is cut

Here is something that I have been thinking about since our home games started. This year our grass is being cut on an angle, Does anyone think like I do that this is not helping linos in gauging offsides.

This year so far our offside count is quite high I believe it is because the linos don't have a straight edge line of shaded grass to assist them. Yes I know our forwards are poor but some of the offside calls have been poor. I think a straight edge of shaded grass would make it a lot clearer for them.

You may think I'm bored or just daft well no just chilling before going for a game of golf just putting my thought out there
Old 27th August 2017, 12.14:38   #2-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: The way our grass is cut

Also the pitch is to wet making it to fast for the players. What is needed is a dry slow pitch like the good old days.It would suit the slow players. The club never won anything with sprinklers!
As for the grass cutting. I quite like the circular pattern which means players can run around in ever decreasing circles.
Old 27th August 2017, 13.36:41   #3-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Have we officially run out of things to moan about?
Old 27th August 2017, 13.38:28   #4-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
Have we officially run out of things to moan about?
Seems so.
Old 27th August 2017, 13.44:00   #5-0 (permalink)
Trialist

Racecourse Spot: none given

I've always wondered why our lines are so faint. It's been that way for as long as I can remember-and that's a long time. It's hard to see any of the lines even from higher up in the stands.
Old 27th August 2017, 14.11:41   #6-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Back of Eric Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo View Post
Here is something that I have been thinking about since our home games started. This year our grass is being cut on an angle, Does anyone think like I do that this is not helping linos in gauging offsides.

This year so far our offside count is quite high I believe it is because the linos don't have a straight edge line of shaded grass to assist them. Yes I know our forwards are poor but some of the offside calls have been poor. I think a straight edge of shaded grass would make it a lot clearer for them.

You may think I'm bored or just daft well no just chilling before going for a game of golf just putting my thought out there
Pretty sure one of the reasons why they've banned the elaborate pitch designs in the premiership (Leicester comes to mind) was that the assistant referees complained it made it harder to judge offside calls.
Old 27th August 2017, 14.26:07   #7-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Maybe this is the issue they looking at our luxurious grass and not the last man.
Old 27th August 2017, 14.27:06   #8-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Not far from draigwrecsam but not too close.

I sit in the MRS and notice that there are a number of fans sitting on the other side of the ground in the old Paddock area wearing red football shirts. This leads to the Wrexham players' well timed runs regularly being called offside by confused linesmen. The club should ban the wearing of Wrexham shirts in the lower seats and provide shirts of the opposing team for them to wear thus ensuring that no Wrexham player will ever be caught offside again.
Old 27th August 2017, 17.29:27   #9-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Pathetic View Post
I sit in the MRS and notice that there are a number of fans sitting on the other side of the ground in the old Paddock area wearing red football shirts. This leads to the Wrexham players' well timed runs regularly being called offside by confused linesmen. The club should ban the wearing of Wrexham shirts in the lower seats and provide shirts of the opposing team for them to wear thus ensuring that no Wrexham player will ever be caught offside again.
There is definite mileage in this idea.

Furthermore, if we let the grass grow to 1 metre high in our half for the first-half, that should slow down the opposition forwards, as they look for the ball. Groundsman whizzes on at half-time and does a Jackson Pollock lookie-likie at half-time, and Bob's your uncle.

Foxy could wear a CHESTER shirt, whilst Dixie could wear Cara's away top. Job's a goodun!

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.52:23.