Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 7th September 2017, 07.10:44   #28-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: McCarthy Gone

I think Wilkin or Morrell would both do a good job there.
Old 7th September 2017, 07.57:32   #29-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

I seem to recall during pre season when Chester were signing players quite a few on here we're saying that they were putting a good squad together.

How's that going?
Old 7th September 2017, 08.22:20   #30-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I seem to recall during pre season when Chester were signing players quite a few on here we're saying that they were putting a good squad together.

How's that going?
Chester's squad is so strange. For all the heated debates we get on here over certain players we haven't got half the problems they've got but their fans seem to meekly accept it.

Lynch isn't a bad keeper but they brought in a guy on loan who is worse and play him instead.

They bin off their most consistent performers Hunt and bring in one of the leagues worst players in Rowe Turner.

They choose to pair Astles (who I quite like but it in a shocking physical state, and is slow) with an even slower centre back in McCombe. Macc fans couldn't believe their luck.

Whilst James and Turnbull aren't bad players there is zero cover and it's a bit like Wedgebury and Carrington-5 no creativity. They released their most creative player, Durrell, and didn't replace him.

All of their strikers have significant injury records. White had a move cancelled last season after he failed a medical. Surprise surprise they are now all injured a few weeks into the season. Nyall Bell was signed on loan from Gateshead for six months....in May...so half his contract was taken up with pre season. Another head scratcher.

Taken together with their continual failure to secure their best prospects so they always miss out on transfer fees. And their insistence on giving contracts to Mahon (who hasn't done anything for two seasons now) and Chappell (who is absolute shite) its no wonder their crowds are plumetting and it's a miracle they haven't gone bust again. Unless they significantly change stuff they are certs for relegation.
Old 7th September 2017, 08.45:28   #31-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Chester's squad is so strange. For all the heated debates we get on here over certain players we haven't got half the problems they've got but their fans seem to meekly accept it.

Lynch isn't a bad keeper but they brought in a guy on loan who is worse and play him instead.

They bin off their most consistent performers Hunt and bring in one of the leagues worst players in Rowe Turner.

They choose to pair Astles (who I quite like but it in a shocking physical state, and is slow) with an even slower centre back in McCombe. Macc fans couldn't believe their luck.

Whilst James and Turnbull aren't bad players there is zero cover and it's a bit like Wedgebury and Carrington-5 no creativity. They released their most creative player, Durrell, and didn't replace him.

All of their strikers have significant injury records. White had a move cancelled last season after he failed a medical. Surprise surprise they are now all injured a few weeks into the season. Nyall Bell was signed on loan from Gateshead for six months....in May...so half his contract was taken up with pre season. Another head scratcher.

Taken together with their continual failure to secure their best prospects so they always miss out on transfer fees. And their insistence on giving contracts to Mahon (who hasn't done anything for two seasons now) and Chappell (who is absolute shite) its no wonder their crowds are plumetting and it's a miracle they haven't gone bust again. Unless they significantly change stuff they are certs for relegation.
Excellent EnglishRed, I love the analysis and picture of impending (footballing) doom that you've written.
Old 7th September 2017, 09.00:29   #32-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

The 2 names mentioned that would intrigue me if I was a Chester fan

Marcus Bignot. Who would be an excellent appointment. Experienced at this level, used to working with a limited budget. Has done nothing wrong to find himselves out of the game. Plenty of clubs and plenty of time at this level, will result in plenty of contacts.

The other name mentioned is Ronnie Moore, which is exactly the direction I don't think they should go down. Yes has experience at the level, but has really under performed over the last 10 years or so. Does he have the appetite for a relegation battle. Which is nothing against Chester, but a reflection on McCarthy and how he's spent his budget.

I think they would be much better served going for a young hungry up and coming manager.
Old 7th September 2017, 09.23:40   #33-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWR View Post
I think they would be much better served going for a young hungry up and coming manager.
Kevin Wilkin. seems to do ok with clubs with no expectation at all
Old 7th September 2017, 09.45:29   #34-0 (permalink)
LWR
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
As I outlined earlier. I can't for a second think why he'd want to go there.
Old 7th September 2017, 09.51:36   #35-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffysarmy View Post
TBH I can't see Wilkin going there. Hes doing ok with Brackley.
Old 7th September 2017, 09.54:33   #36-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

It's a bad time to be looking for a manager. New squad at Chester that's worse than last seasons and probably little if any money left in the budget and forever in our shadow...Not exactly gonna have managers queuing down sealand road
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.05:59.