Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th September 2017, 22.21:22   #28-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Ten Games In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
It shows his lack of ability as a manager. There is no logical reasoning behind it. Starting to wonder if he is up to the job.
I said before a ball was kicked we may need to just see this season out as a learning curve for Keates then hopefully as Saunders eventually did he'll put together a squad that's a force. The tactics or lack of them is a worry though. Tonight was just dreadful. Our fullbacks get the ball and there's never a easy pass or any movement to play the ball to so its hoofed. Boden as poor as he was had no service at all. Holroyd looked better and does at least compete and win the ball and he might be key for us.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.25:22   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I said before a ball was kicked we may need to just see this season out as a learning curve for Keates then hopefully as Saunders eventually did he'll put together a squad that's a force. The tactics or lack of them is a worry though. Tonight was just dreadful. Our fullbacks get the ball and there's never a easy pass or any movement to play the ball to so its hoofed. Boden as poor as he was had no service at all. Holroyd looked better and does at least compete and win the ball and he might be key for us.
Exactly , imagine having faith in a manager who has us 6th after 10 games, no goals conceded in 5 games and a massive improvement on previous teams. Its madness get rid now
Old 12th September 2017, 22.26:05   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
Need a creative midfielder.
Defence and keepers solid.
Midfield solid defensively, need more flair going forward.
Toothless up front so far.

More positives than negatives but plenty to improve upon.
Toothless upfront because there is no supply, no link with midfield. One decent attack minded central midfielder could make what we have work.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.30:00   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
Exactly , imagine having faith in a manager who has us 6th after 10 games, no goals conceded in 5 games and a massive improvement on previous teams. Its madness get rid now
I wish our board had the guts of the Crystal Palace board and get rid of such an underperforming manager.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.43:49   #32-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Ten games in. I've been to 8 and can honestly say apart from 35 minutes second half against Bromley it's been very boring to watch.

Keats/Darlington's tactics are a crime on football. Hoof hoof hoof. Absolutely no creativity evident.

Massanka and Boden are two of the worst strikers I've ever witnessed In a Wrexham shirt and it's very clear to me all the dithering getting this sorted weeks ago will massively come back to haunt us. Not to mention the very obvious need for a creative midfielder.

The defence however is a massive plus. I fear we would be relegation fodder with a poker defence. Crowds will definitely
Drop if these boring performances continue.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.44:33   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MOLD ROAD STAND

We won't even get play offs unless we get a genre midfielder and another striker in. We are hopeless going forward, look solid at back. Being so solid at the back makes it even more frustrating that we are shite going forward.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.45:31   #34-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The midfield needs a playmaker to make the most of the balls won in tackles by Wright and Wedgebury , defensively we are decent but the rest is a work in progress.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.49:40   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

It's absolutely imperative we take maximum points Saturday, zero excuses. It's incredible we're two points off top because for me, we've been very poor, defence aside. I like Wedgbury and Akil who are very solid but the setup is far too defensive and negative.
Old 12th September 2017, 22.50:08   #36-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

The fact that Keates sacrafices both centre midfield spots as defensive midfielder spots tells you all you need to know about his footballing philosophy. It's no wonder we have the best defence in the league when we have 2 midfielders protecting the two centre backs. Any other team playing this way would have similar results.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.33:56.