Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th September 2017, 19.52:23   #208-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Guiseley reaction 1-1 (h)

I sat through the 17 minutes, fair play to the ones that sat through 99!

On a serious note we looked soooo laboured, have we really deteriorated so badly?, it was quite shocking to watch.

We have got nothing from midfield to up top, it's going to show against better teams than Guiseley.
Old 18th September 2017, 19.53:56   #209-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: G U Stand

Just watched the highlights of the game having been unable to attend on Saturday. I've haven't seen such a team of cheating b@@@@d's for a long time. I think we did well to get a point and could/should have had at least two penalties.
Old 18th September 2017, 22.09:55   #210-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarryOggy View Post
Have a look to how many reserve games we played last season.
Yes i know we didn't play many but its more than non,

Are you satisfied that we have players who might be called on because of injuries or suspensions not having any game time?
Posted via mobile theme
Old 18th September 2017, 23.12:56   #211-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Yes i know we didn't play many but its more than non,

Are you satisfied that we have players who might be called on because of injuries or suspensions not having any game time?
Posted via mobile theme
Only ten reserve games were played last season so I don't see how one game per month is beneficial. Perhaps it would be better to go into one of the local leagues in future.
Old 18th September 2017, 23.17:39   #212-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2072237]Not had the time so far sir. Watched the boy play rugby; went to the match; went to a gig; did domestic stuff; British Street Food awards then another gig and then work.

Out of interest feel free to declare my agenda. Genuinely interested.
Just fishing really

Your approach to RP is unique, eloquent and at times arrogant. Having said that I kind of respect a certain type of arrogance if it can be substantiated.

Posts suggest you may have significant inside knowledge, but I'm just guessing and was genuinely interested in your response to my "baited" question.

Considered response that gives me little to go on, so I will continue to view your posts with genuine interest. Keep it up.

Cheers from afar
Old 19th September 2017, 04.43:31   #213-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
;2072321]Mundane stuff first then.

Declaring that 200 off the gate shows that crowds are beginning to stay away is perhaps just a tad hysterical. Less than a 5% drop and 50 of those were away fans! Nowt to do with fans having to pick and choose games cos not everyone can afford everything? It's also a pain in the arse getting to a match at the moment if you're coming from the North West. Rail replacement from Bolton; no direct fast trains to Chester; rail replacement between Chester and Wrexham, which for the 3rd year running, doesn't actually time to fit in with train times! Even if you managed all of that you then had to contend with standing room only thanks to the hooray henry hell that is Chester Races. Had I not been able to secure a lift on Saturday then I would have added myself to the stay aways and it would have been nothing to do with the Hartlepool game. I know people who come by train from York, Leeds, Wakefield, Darlington. None of them bothered because each trip was at least an hour longer than normal. Let's worry if we drop below 3,400?

Pitch - once again immaculate but, like others, I'm at a loss to explain why it was watered pre-match. I can only think it's drying out too quickly, which seems unlikely, or we're trying to piss off the opposition with a comedy water cannon performance. Given the amount the ball has been in the air recently I think we could safely give the staff a fortnight off.

Referee - it's near redundant talking about officials at our level. Unless you're winning by 3 or 4 every game then at least one of the officials is going to be a factor. It's something different every week but it's always something so I'm more interested in how we handle it than any specific perceived crimes.

I thought the officials got much right but nothing of any particulate note wrong bar maybe the pull on Manny. Rutherford's yellow was harsh though. The video suggested less of a dive and more an awkward fall pulling a leg away. I totally get why Pearson doesn't get decisions either. He pulls back to the edge of the area then ploughs in like a steam train wherever there's a crowd. Inevitably someone will catch him innocently or otherwise but most refs see it for what it is I suspect.

It was also good to know our fans don't know the revised laws of the game. Bellowing for a head to roll when a player didn't get asked to leave the pitch following an injury. The ref was spot on. Perhaps someone else would like to explain the rule which shows why?

What was more interesting was our repeated lack of discipline when decisions went against us and our utter bewilderment at getting few decisions. I think it's already been commented on earlier but if you go down for everything then generally refs will give you nothing even if it some look obvious. Thought we got what we deserved on that front. Near zilch. If that's our "team spirit" at work then I'm not a fan.

Equally interesting was our reaction to Cox time-wasting. Transparent as it was, is anyone seriously going to argue we showed any urgency after they started to time waste? In our pedestrian reactions; walking about as though 1-0 up and general lack of urgency to do anything we absolutely didn't help and didn't really deserve anything.

Team selection - getting a lift down nixed my reading time so I thought BBC and Steve announcing Coddington was a joke until I read the email in the ground. This next bit may surprise people but I saw the full team selection and I'm afraid I'm with the majority here. I groaned and predicted a loss. I suspect Keates sees that as his 1st choice team. I think they've already proven beyond doubt that whatever the intent they simply don't work. With the best will in the world most good teams become that by accident. Whatever we think of individual players it should be obvious to most people by now that Reid and Massanka is our best partnership (certainly the only one that's scored) and Wright has to start alongside Wedgebury. I was hugely disappointed in the team selection and unlike Tuesday, which was a game of chess, there's no way I could defend the football on offer; the entertainment or the tactics. It was frankly a mis-step on every level. I now want to see the management team swallow big and revert to the winning team rather than the best on paper in their heads.

Not sure there's much else to say on the game beyond a few comments on individuals and one on set pieces.

Coddington - lovely to have him back however briefly.

Roberts - not sure where the hate comes from. He is a proper defender and he can place the ball on the floor to our players. He quietly gets on with it and didn't do an awful lot wrong on Saturday. I didn't like what I saw of Hurst pre-season but the fact is that he does seem to suit the team more than Roberts. I don't think we should confuse that with Roberts being a poor player.

Jennings - I increasingly see him as a weak link. The improvement he brought when on loan now appears to be no more than a measure of just how shit Newton was. Defending he was lacking concentration and going forward he was lazy. Hitting balls against people assuming they'd magically get out the way.

On the day I said I thought Jennings made a near perfect case for Carra at left back and Carra made a similar case for Wright in midfield. I think I stand by that and I've never been a fan of Carra at full back. Wright can be dangerously direct but regardless of my thinking that he simply works better than Carra does in the current set up.

I've said enough about Manny and Pearson on the Pearson thread so let's leave that alone. I didn't think Kelly had the great game some people did. I saw him as having a lot more of the ball but being hooked off for ultimately doing not enough with it. It's a repetitive pattern already.

Wedgebury was MOTM for me. His distribution is wayward - sublime redirection of play all the way through to WTF piss poor - but we no longer have a hole in the middle for people to run into and that's on him.

Boden I feel sorry for. Not match fit and, as it stands, simply in the wrong team playing the wrong tactics. Anyone who saw him pre-season knows what's there in terms of touch; vision and finishing but we need a re-think to get the best out of him before disillusion sets in.

Holroyd I simply think we don't need. We're again not set up to take advantage of his best attributes but goal scoring ain't one and if we're going to use him then let's maybe look at a midfield role.

Final thought - WTF are we doing at set pieces? Jennings should simply be removed from all set pieces. Our only option seems to be the floated ball and it's pissing me off. Is a short corner or a flat ball to the D so hard? Could we maybe try one free kick not involving a dispersing rabble and an aimlessly floated ball? The lack of imagination is terrifying and also bewildering given the tactical sophistication clearly there on Tuesday.

All that said we remain the best defence in the division and 2 points from top. Painful as it is, we are clearly in transition and will be for a while yet. If this is what it looks like then sometimes it will be fascinating and others, like Guiseley, it will look like the wheels are coming off even when in fact we are pretty much where we need to be. However if we don't start with Massanka, Reid and Wright against Tranmere then I do think it does raise a legitimate question as to what the thinking is.
I also smiled at the howling when the player was not sent from the pitch correctly by the ref and I felt that technically the ref got much right but the added time was for sure a joke. Also in refusing the player to get attention should he not then have booked him for simulation?
My gripe is not so much that I believe we would have gone on to win because I don't and can't know. It's more that so long as teams like this get away with these tactics they will spoil the viewing experience for the paying public and particularly the fair weather supporters.
Old 19th September 2017, 06.01:05   #214-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

Declaring that 200 off the gate shows that crowds are beginning to stay away is perhaps just a tad hysterical. Less than a 5% drop and 50 of those were away fans! Nowt to do with fans having to pick and choose games cos not everyone can afford everything? It's also a pain in the arse getting to a match at the moment if you're coming from the North West. Rail replacement from Bolton; no direct fast trains to Chester; rail replacement between Chester and Wrexham, which for the 3rd year running, doesn't actually time to fit in with train times! Even if you managed all of that you then had to contend with standing room only thanks to the hooray henry hell that is Chester Races. Had I not been able to secure a lift on Saturday then I would have added myself to the stay aways and it would have been nothing to do with the Hartlepool game. I know people who come by train from York, Leeds, Wakefield, Darlington. None of them bothered because each trip was at least an hour longer than normal. Let's worry if we drop below 3,400?

Pitch - once again immaculate but, like others, I'm at a loss to explain why it was watered pre-match. I can only think it's drying out too quickly, which seems unlikely, or we're trying to piss off the opposition with a comedy water cannon performance. Given the amount the ball has been in the air recently I think we could safely give the staff a fortnight off.

Referee - it's near redundant talking about officials at our level. Unless you're winning by 3 or 4 every game then at least one of the officials is going to be a factor. It's something different every week but it's always something so I'm more interested in how we handle it than any specific perceived crimes.

I thought the officials got much right but nothing of any particulate note wrong bar maybe the pull on Manny. Rutherford's yellow was harsh though. The video suggested less of a dive and more an awkward fall pulling a leg away. I totally get why Pearson doesn't get decisions either. He pulls back to the edge of the area then ploughs in like a steam train wherever there's a crowd. Inevitably someone will catch him innocently or otherwise but most refs see it for what it is I suspect.

It was also good to know our fans don't know the revised laws of the game. Bellowing for a head to roll when a player didn't get asked to leave the pitch following an injury. The ref was spot on. Perhaps someone else would like to explain the rule which shows why?

What was more interesting was our repeated lack of discipline when decisions went against us and our utter bewilderment at getting few decisions. I think it's already been commented on earlier but if you go down for everything then generally refs will give you nothing even if it some look obvious. Thought we got what we deserved on that front. Near zilch. If that's our "team spirit" at work then I'm not a fan.

Equally interesting was our reaction to Cox time-wasting. Transparent as it was, is anyone seriously going to argue we showed any urgency after they started to time waste? In our pedestrian reactions; walking about as though 1-0 up and general lack of urgency to do anything we absolutely didn't help and didn't really deserve anything.

Team selection - getting a lift down nixed my reading time so I thought BBC and Steve announcing Coddington was a joke until I read the email in the ground. This next bit may surprise people but I saw the full team selection and I'm afraid I'm with the majority here. I groaned and predicted a loss. I suspect Keates sees that as his 1st choice team. I think they've already proven beyond doubt that whatever the intent they simply don't work. With the best will in the world most good teams become that by accident. Whatever we think of individual players it should be obvious to most people by now that Reid and Massanka is our best partnership (certainly the only one that's scored) and Wright has to start alongside Wedgebury. I was hugely disappointed in the team selection and unlike Tuesday, which was a game of chess, there's no way I could defend the football on offer; the entertainment or the tactics. It was frankly a mis-step on every level. I now want to see the management team swallow big and revert to the winning team rather than the best on paper in their heads.

Not sure there's much else to say on the game beyond a few comments on individuals and one on set pieces.

Roberts - not sure where the hate comes from. He is a proper defender and he can place the ball on the floor to our players. He quietly gets on with it and didn't do an awful lot wrong on Saturday. I didn't like what I saw of Hurst pre-season but the fact is that he does seem to suit the team more than Roberts. I don't think we should confuse that with Roberts being a poor player.

Jennings - I increasingly see him as a weak link. The improvement he brought when on loan now appears to be no more than a measure of just how shit Newton was. Defending he was lacking concentration and going forward he was lazy. Hitting balls against people assuming they'd magically get out the way.

On the day I said I thought Jennings made a near perfect case for Carra at left back and Carra made a similar case for Wright in midfield. I think I stand by that and I've never been a fan of Carra at full back. Wright can be dangerously direct but regardless of my thinking that he simply works better than Carra does in the current set up.

I've said enough about Manny and Pearson on the Pearson thread so let's leave that alone. I didn't think Kelly had the great game some people did. I saw him as having a lot more of the ball but being hooked off for ultimately doing not enough with it. It's a repetitive pattern already.

Wedgebury was MOTM for me. His distribution is wayward - sublime redirection of play all the way through to WTF piss poor - but we no longer have a hole in the middle for people to run into and that's on him.

Boden I feel sorry for. Not match fit and, as it stands, simply in the wrong team playing the wrong tactics. Anyone who saw him pre-season knows what's there in terms of touch; vision and finishing but we need a re-think to get the best out of him before disillusion sets in.

Holroyd I simply think we don't need. We're again not set up to take advantage of his best attributes but goal scoring ain't one and if we're going to use him then let's maybe look at a midfield role.

Final thought - WTF are we doing at set pieces? Jennings should simply be removed from all set pieces. Our only option seems to be the floated ball and it's pissing me off. Is a short corner or a flat ball to the D so hard? Could we maybe try one free kick not involving a dispersing rabble and an aimlessly floated ball? The lack of imagination is terrifying and also bewildering given the tactical sophistication clearly there on Tuesday.

All that said we remain the best defence in the division and 2 points from top. Painful as it is, we are clearly in transition and will be for a while yet. If this is what it looks like then sometimes it will be fascinating and others, like Guiseley, it will look like the wheels are coming off even when in fact we are pretty much where we need to be. However if we don't start with Massanka, Reid and Wright against Tranmere then I do think it does raise a legitimate question as to what the thinking is.
I have already explained why players now stay on a couple of weeks ago. It's a rule that a lot of people seem to overlook. The big gripe for me was how much time wasting the ref let them get away with. In the end it came back to bite them but it certainly disrupted the football.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th September 2017, 08.38:49   #215-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:

Cannot disagree with too much of this. Just hope DK does not suffer and fail through hubris. We all cock up; he needs to move on and adapt.
Old 19th September 2017, 09.11:45   #216-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

I've just scrolled 3 post's on the trot quoting the same long post that MH posted (not a dig Mike) to add 3-4 comments on them crazy 😈
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.20:39.