Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th September 2017, 09.15:11   #217-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section
Twitter: @

Default Re: Guiseley reaction 1-1 (h)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
I've just scrolled 3 post's on the trot quoting the same long post that MH posted (not a dig Mike) to add 3-4 comments on them crazy 😈
Posted via mobile theme
Just so you don't feel neglected.
Old 19th September 2017, 09.18:07   #218-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
These ' idiots ' are in fact English referees and linesmen controlling an FA match between an English club and a Welsh club. Just saying, or perhaps to put it more delicately, making ( on my part ) an innocent observation.
Unfortunately, there ain't too many refs called Taffy Farqhuarson-Smythe.
Old 19th September 2017, 10.19:12   #219-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop

Clear dive from Rutherford. Bottled taking on the chance himself and dangled a foot.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 19th September 2017, 10.42:18   #220-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by standingroomonly2 View Post
Clear dive from Rutherford. Bottled taking on the chance himself and dangled a foot.
Posted via mobile theme
Yep. Not sure what he was thinking. Panicked by the look of it
Old 19th September 2017, 14.29:47   #221-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Removed User
;2072439]Not taken as a dig. Entirely valid point.

Just going back to the additional time thing... people seem to think it's the ref. when it's done with the 4th official.

People also seem to think the clock stops every single time there's s stoppage. It doesn't. We'd be there until 5:30 most games if it did.

When it comes to time-wasting the clock stops at the point an indication is made to the 4th official. So it's not unheard of that a 1 minute stoppage is ignored but a 1 minute stoppage that becomes 8 might only count as 7 or even 6.

Time added on is also a minimum. Our 8 did become 12 I think.
Declaring that 200 off the gate shows that crowds are beginning to stay away is perhaps just a tad hysterical. Less than a 5% drop and 50 of those were away fans!
It's actually a 10% drop in fans.
Season ticket holders are counted whether they attend or not.(2000+)
Therefore the 200 drop is in pay on the gate. The chances are that the financial implication is worse than just the 200 figure as more kids attend on a Saturday as opposed to a wet Tuesday night.
Old 19th September 2017, 15.05:03   #222-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
;2072321]Mundane stuff first then.

Declaring that 200 off the gate..........................as to what the thinking is.
Interesting post Mike.
Old 19th September 2017, 15.26:03   #223-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: mold road stand

Quote:
;2072439]Not taken as a dig. Entirely valid point.

Just going back to the additional time thing... people seem to think it's the ref. when it's done with the 4th official.

People also seem to think the clock stops every single time there's s stoppage. It doesn't. We'd be there until 5:30 most games if it did.

When it comes to time-wasting the clock stops at the point an indication is made to the 4th official. So it's not unheard of that a 1 minute stoppage is ignored but a 1 minute stoppage that becomes 8 might only count as 7 or even 6.

Time added on is also a minimum. Our 8 did become 12 I think.
Sorry Mike but additional time is decided by the referee who communicates this to the fourth official. Before referees were Mic'd up they used to indicate the additional minutes in various ways, the most common being to flap their arm like a penguin

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team
Old 19th September 2017, 17.52:23   #224-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
;2072494]So that would be 2,144 down to 1,916 which I make a drop of 11%. I'll accept that, but the question would then be why no similar level of concern at the gate for Woking? Over a season that's a fairly mundane fluctuation.

The gate itself was above our average for last season.
Mike.
It is a real concern. Normally Tuesday night games are down by 10 - 15% on a Saturday even if it's not raining.
The die hard fan will turn up all the time.
We need to put on some football to keep the casual fans and improve the gates and finances.
Old 20th September 2017, 07.15:26   #225-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

Quote:
;2072327]Thanks. Genuinely no inside knowledge and no other hidden agenda. Was originally against the ownership model. Now I'm a member of WST. Do have coaching badges and currently do some kids coaching although my badges are old now. Other than that I call it as I see it. Doesn't make me popular. Does sometimes make me right

Forums are rarely and inevitably not especially representative of what actually takes place at a game and many football fans often don't have a clue why something is right or wrong. One listen to a post match phone in soon corrects any contrary impressions. Saturdays booing of the ref for quite correctly letting a player stay on the pitch was nicely illustrative.

Forgot to say that, bad and predictable as Saturday was, this constant berating of games as "worst ever" etc. is just silly. This is a half decent team hamstrung by poor team selection amongst other things. Was it a poor game? Yes. Have we seen games worse than it? Yes, so many times I've lost count. Most in the modern era come nowhere near the 80s team in free fall and deservedly only watched by 3 figures periodically. Those cult heroes? A significant number were just shocking. Even last seasons Mills team was rarely as consistently bad. Toothless and unattractive for sure but rarely utterly inept. Pearson can at least hoof forward. We had one 80s centre back who, no matter how he tried, couldn't even do that.

For me entertainment is not just about winning or being attractive. It's about the pantomime of the whole thing and knowing the rules and something about tactics occasionally helps.

I love the sheer idiocy of the fact that if we can win at Tranmere we'll be 7 undefeated and still in the mix, which is all that matters right now.
I hear you
At 56 I still play with ex pros (I was never good enough) and a good mate of mine is an Ex Australian captain who played and beat England and played against Maradona
We often chat tactics etc but listening to RP it's either brilliant or rubbish
Appreciate your considered commentary and I can't argue as I don't get to see games
Still a passionate supporter and hoping to soon pay a visit to follow reds fora whole season ... home and away ... a bucket list of mine

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.27:33.