Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th September 2017, 09.43:16   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseared View Post
Carra and Wedgebury were both sat too deep today, which didn't help. Wedgebury looks like a sweeper to me rather than a CM, although he did well to get forward at the end of the match.
You're right about Wedgebury a sweeper my drive needs doing 😂 sorry couldn't resist he is more of a defender than a midfield player sweeper yes.

The side is so lacking in pace down the wings and through the middle, what I've seen of Boden he hasn't any pace at all.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 17th September 2017, 10.24:53   #20-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Default Re: We need a new approach!

I understand the comments about certain players playing too deep so can only assume they are playing as Keates has ordered them. The only game I have missed at home was the Bromley match where reports indicated that in the second half out attacking flair was starting to show. It seems it has now taken a back seat.

Surely Keates and Darlington can see the lack of creativity !!!
Old 17th September 2017, 10.28:01   #21-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It sounds crazy to say that we need a new approach considering we are two points from the top of the league. However, it is very poor but, we are only two points from top of the table.

Would this "new approach" mean that we are looser at the back?

At the moment, we are well in contention this season. We should be careful what we are asking for.
I agree. Although I find the quality of our attacking play up there with the worst I've ever seen it, like you say, we are two points off top looking solid at the back. Our league position atm makes it difficult to have a proper moan. It's a results buisness and at the moment we're seeing just that.

Last edited by dixienormous; 17th September 2017 at 10.29:27..
Old 17th September 2017, 13.29:51   #22-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

The problems must start with the manager. Keates comes across as unimaginative, no flair, and not a lot of tactical know how. This can reflect back to the players. Time will tell. Hope it is put right quick.
Old 17th September 2017, 13.33:10   #23-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road

Do you mean unimaginative, no flair like when he was a player?
Old 17th September 2017, 14.28:06   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
A lot of good players have made poor managers. At the moment keates fits right into this category. I hope he turns it around, but the sign are not good.
Old 17th September 2017, 14.49:36   #25-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWREX View Post
There's a hell of a difference from being a player to a manager.
Old 17th September 2017, 18.01:37   #26-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It sounds crazy to say that we need a new approach considering we are two points from the top of the league. However, it is very poor but, we are only two points from top of the table.

Would this "new approach" mean that we are looser at the back?

At the moment, we are well in contention this season. We should be careful what we are asking for.
You can use the same argument to say: we are only 3 points from 15th and well in contention for bottom half too. So given the way we are playing as I predicted last week I can see us slipping further down the table especially given our extremely tough next 7 games of:

Tranmere Rovers A
Sutton United H
FC Halifax Town A
Eastleigh H
Dagenham & Redbridge A
AFC Fylde A
Leyton Orient H
Old 17th September 2017, 18.06:26   #27-0 (permalink)
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
You can use the same argument to say: we are only 3 points from 15th and well in contention for bottom half too. So given the way we are playing as I predicted last week I can see us slipping further down the table especially given our extremely tough next 7 games of:

Tranmere Rovers A
Sutton United H
FC Halifax Town A
Eastleigh H
Dagenham & Redbridge A
AFC Fylde A
Leyton Orient H
wow, i guess we'll see the true state of the team after this run. If we are still in touch with the top it would be a great surprise, and a pleasant one.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.07:01.