RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 10.53:05

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2071797]Most managers fail. Ultimately. Everywhere. Even after being successful at one time or another so, to be honest, saying "I told you so" about a manager carries about as much weight as asserting that it will rain before too long. Even when the suns shining. Cos it will.[/QUOTE]

That's true their is an example at Tranmere Mellon,and a previous example here Mills.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

the sleeping giant dies 17th September 2017 11.06:23

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Rhys healey 18 yrs old scoring for fun for connahs quay went to cardiff were were wrexham

benwilliams 17th September 2017 11.08:30

[QUOTE=the sleeping giant dies;2071801]Rhys healey 18 yrs old scoring for fun for connahs quay went to cardiff were were wrexham[/QUOTE]
3 leagues below Cardiff?

dixienormous 17th September 2017 11.58:43

Is Rhys Healy at Connah's Quay now?

REDJB 17th September 2017 12.10:15

Re: Keates is certainly man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2071779]I can see what Keates was trying to do yesterday. He brought Carrington back because he is a better passer than Wright, and he expected a tight game where guile .rather than brute force would be the deciding factor for us. I think it was a mistake, but credit to him for trying to increase our creativity.

The same argument goes for why Boden started with Holroyd, more guile, better ball retention than the youngsters. The plan was not successful because we never got up to support the front men. The front men failed to hold up the ball, and Carrington isn't the quickest joining in.

I give Keates great credit for trying Kelly in an advanced central position, sadly he needed better passing options than he could see in front of him.

I am very impressed that Keates has stuck to his guns for 10 games, but is now willing to explore other avenues. He's shown maturity in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Guile !!! Passing it sideways after 5 touches doesn't unlock many defenses. Picking it up,driving at players and committing a few to come out and press you certainly does. I know which id want to defend against.

Gazfoxy WFC 17th September 2017 12.22:21

Best team going forward imo: GK DIBBLE RB HURST LB JENNINGS CB's PEARSON & SMITH LM RUTHERFORD CM's WRIGHT & WEDGBURY RM MACKRETH CF's HOLROYD & SMITH. Defence is perfectly sound. Attack directly on the wings and get at teams... ATTACK!!!Smith has to play every minute until he goes back to Fleetwood & if Holroyd can get fit looks like he could be a nuisance.

panda23 17th September 2017 12.24:35

[QUOTE=Gazfoxy WFC;2071835]Best team going forward imo: GK DIBBLE RB HURST LB JENNINGS CB's PEARSON & SMITH LM RUTHERFORD CM's WRIGHT & WEDGBURY RM MACKRETH CF's HOLROYD & SMITH. Defence is perfectly sound. Attack directly on the wings and get at teams... ATTACK!!!Smith has to play every minute until he goes back to Fleetwood & if Holroyd can get fit looks like he could be a nuisance.[/QUOTE]

Leo Smith or Manny Smith as a CF?

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 12.29:10

[QUOTE=panda23;2071839]Leo Smith or Manny Smith as a CF?[/QUOTE]

Had me puzzled that one too as neither are on loan from Fleetwood

swanseared 17th September 2017 12.36:49

Re: Keates is certainly man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=Congy Red;2071779]I can see what Keates was trying to do yesterday. He brought Carrington back because he is a better passer than Wright, and he expected a tight game where guile .rather than brute force would be the deciding factor for us. I think it was a mistake, but credit to him for trying to increase our creativity.

The same argument goes for why Boden started with Holroyd, more guile, better ball retention than the youngsters. The plan was not successful because we never got up to support the front men. The front men failed to hold up the ball, and Carrington isn't the quickest joining in.

I give Keates great credit for trying Kelly in an advanced central position, sadly he needed better passing options than he could see in front of him.

I am very impressed that Keates has stuck to his guns for 10 games, but is now willing to explore other avenues. He's shown maturity in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

There might be something in this explanation. We only see the end product as fans but you have to believe there was a reason for the changes and why we were set up the way we were.

That said, Mills kept changing the team last season and that didn't help settle the team down. Still early days and guess he's rotating the squad to give everyone a chance, particularly with the loanees heading back before xmas.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 06.55:24.