RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

shetred 17th September 2017 14.57:00

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Does Keates ever watch the footage of a game back? Would he be able to keep awake during the re-run?

The Only Way Is Up 17th September 2017 16.02:28

It all reminds me of working for a firm that every year somehow just manages not to go bust, but refuses to change its direction to keep up with changing market requirements until, one day, it runs out of ideas and money, and finally crashes.

No business succeeds by standing still. Every business is either going backwards or is going forwards.

As has been said many times before, doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result, is the first sign of madness. In our case, replace madness with stupidity.

stanvax 17th September 2017 16.05:34

Absolutely no problem with Keates - Rome wasn't built in a day - and the sickness at the heart of this club when he took over will take some time to sort.

Of course we are far from the finished article - but we never were going to be anything else at this stage. Start of this the season I said I'd be happy winning more games than we lose this season - and we have - so I can't complain.

Yes we need more goal threat, we could do with a more positive midfield, I personally would play a different system, but there isn't a magic wand to fix all of our problems when they are the same problems faced by all of the competition.

Development will come slowly but surely, parts of the team are far better than last year, others aren't yet, but I think they will in time. I'm prepared to be patient - quick fixes rarely work

pagl 17th September 2017 16.53:30

[QUOTE=stanvax;2071904]Development will come slowly but surely, parts of the team are far better than last year, others aren't yet, but I think they will in time. I'm prepared to be patient - quick fixes rarely work[/QUOTE]

Yeh and that includes Carra and Wedgbury at CM. Been tried, doesn't work so move on.

Recruitment is now key for us to stay in contention.

paddockgraham 17th September 2017 18.17:04

Here we have the football experts commentating while they work in a factory packing nappies 👍👍😹

pwynnej 17th September 2017 18.41:24

2 points off top not lost in 6 conceded ONE in those 6 matches and we are all marching like lemming to the cliffs......

close season people were praising Keates' recruitment and now it's the end of the world...

CHRIST!

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 18.43:20

[QUOTE=pwynnej;2071940]2 points off top not lost in 6 conceded ONE in those 6 matches and we are all marching like lemming to the cliffs......

close season people were praising Keates' recruitment and now it's the end of the world...

CHRIST![/QUOTE]

Yup !

Prodigal Dragon 17th September 2017 18.44:42

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2071929]Here we have the football experts commentating while they work in a factory packing nappies 👍👍😹[/QUOTE]

A bit harsh and unnecessarily defensive. DK will be here for at least the next 2 seasons. No one should expect him to hit gold straight away. I am sure he is more aware of our strengths and weaknesses that any poopy-painter on here!:)

Birdy 17th September 2017 18.45:58

[QUOTE=pwynnej;2071940]2 points off top not lost in 6 conceded ONE in those 6 matches and we are all marching like lemming to the cliffs......

CHRIST![/QUOTE]

For balance: 3 points off 15th, not won in 3 and scored 5 in 6 games.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.16:07.