RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

GloryHunter 18th September 2017 06.14:11

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Come on peeps, it is only September...........

We are 2 points from the top of the league.........

Plenty of time to plan our promotion party away at Leyton Orient.

Cmon Wrexhammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

BillEBadass 18th September 2017 07.55:20

My concern is not that Dean appears to be making mistakes but is he learning from them?

Sadly I'm not seeing any progression in our negative areas. There is however plenty of time left. Obviously there are no 'outstanding' teams in the league this year and it is without doubt our best chance in years. It would be total madness to change managers at this point, not that we could afford it anyway.

I think that whatever is written on here, and I share the frustration of many, the support for the team and Dean is still there and a few wins will hold it up. But as it has been said 100 times we need a goal scorer. In a poor league we have to risk paying more - it may be along time before the League is this open again.

NottsRed 18th September 2017 08.23:13

[QUOTE=Anglesey red;2072008]If I was told before the season started, after 10 games that we would be 2 points from top, and the the best defence then I'd be happy with that. I'm sure we will click and I have a feeling we will beat the Tramps on saturday as I can see their fans getting on their players backs[/QUOTE]

Its got 0 -0 written all over it.

Bryn Tirion 18th September 2017 08.54:50

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2072022]And they have strikers galore and have still scored less than us :):)[/QUOTE]

They play with 5 at the back and apparently have no creativity in midfield.

Sound familiar?

Cooke who most of their fans agree is their best striker is on the bench most weeks and has hardly had a sniff of goal all season. So even if we signed him he wouldn't fare any better here unless we got that elusive creative midfielder in to make things happen.

Willywill 18th September 2017 10.46:57

I would give every manager the minimum of a full season. All this knee jerk reaction stuff makes me laugh. This is NOT a promotion season for us. It's about forming a good base after Mills Mess up, then mount a decent challenge in August 2018.

nessasmum 18th September 2017 10.47:04

My only concern with Keates' decision-making is that, for me, he's a bit slow to make those substitutions. Is his team selection down to factors we cannot know - is Wright not fit for the full 90 minutes? Although if so, I'd probably start him for impact.

Boden has been a disappointment, Keates has more faith in him than I do. Don't think we're seeing the best Kelly has to offer yet. Generally though, I've liked the new recruits. We've got some strong pairings- Manny's composure and Pearson's solidity stand out for me.

And I'm firmly in the pro-Rutherford camp, for what it's worth.

John Neals Dynasty 18th September 2017 11.09:27

In answering the thread title if he isn't the man to take us forward who's is????!?!!!?

Exactly it's his team so he should be given until the end of season minimal, otherwise you get another manager taking over a club and players who he didn't sign and might not rate like Keates did after Mills, with little money to change it then we are back to square one.

GROUNDHOG DAY AFC
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

cardiffred 18th September 2017 11.15:44

[QUOTE=Willywill;2072091]I would give every manager the minimum of a full season. All this knee jerk reaction stuff makes me laugh. This is NOT a promotion season for us. It's about forming a good base after Mills Mess up, then mount a decent challenge in August 2018.[/QUOTE]

This, this, this and this again.

Phils-an-alki 18th September 2017 11.19:38

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2072101]This, this, this and this again.[/QUOTE]

I agree and have said as much myself however if we were near the bottom of the league then this would have to go out the window surely?

If there's no danger of getting relegated which by the way I don't believe there is then we stick with DK this season with a view to really competing next. I know this won't wash with some but at some point we need a manger here for a few seasons.

Funny_Old_Game 18th September 2017 11.25:05

Problem is, the BTB will be nowhere near next season so in theory the squad will be weaker.

Boden has been a massive waste of wages, he wasn't go to get them all right I guess.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 19.43:09.