RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

borntobered 17th September 2017 18.47:58

[QUOTE=Birdy;2071945]For balance: 3 points off 15th, not won in 3 and scored 5 in 6 games.[/QUOTE]

Depends if you are a glass half empty, or a glass half full kind of person though

Birdy 17th September 2017 18.50:42

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=borntobered;2071948]Depends if you are a glass half empty, or a glass half full kind of person though[/QUOTE]

After watching the dross on display I fail to see how people can remain half full. I'm down to 1/3 empty it's that bad!

jase1runner 17th September 2017 19.06:11

The issue is that we have an unrealistic expectation that a manager can come in and storm the league. We now need stability and steady progress, of course drawing to a cheating poor team at home is not good enough. We can question the team selection which was wrong in my opinion, but I am not the manager and don't have all the facts about the team. Play your part as a fan and support our team. Calling for Keates' to be replaced is plain stupid.

TomWFC 17th September 2017 19.14:06

[QUOTE=paddockgraham;2071929]Here we have the football experts commentating while they work in a factory packing nappies 👍👍😹[/QUOTE]

Yeah heaven forbid people expressed their opinion on a football forum and express disappointment about recent performances.

Dear me, the stupidity...

Congy Red 17th September 2017 19.14:17

Re: Keates is certainly man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=pagl;2071866]Have to disagree with all of this. The last 5 games showed that Wedgbury/Wright is the better combination. No need to experiment at this stage just get points on the board especially at home.

For me its worrying we dont set up to attack teams at home.

At the moment Keates team isnt balanced and until he addresses the CF situation tyen we will continue to struggle for goals.

With the hoof ball style we may as well play 451.[/QUOTE]

What are you disagreeing with? The reason I gave for Keates changing the team? or are you disagreeing with me disagreeing with that decision?

TWREX 17th September 2017 19.16:31

Christ we think we're in a mess, have you been on the Tranmere forum almost in meltdown.

Red Light 17th September 2017 19.23:42

Our good run started with the introduction into the team of Dibble, Wright and Hurst - it took us up a notch - enough to gain wins but now they are out of the team and Carrington is back - I thought he had a reasonable game v Hartlepool particularly as he was afforded little protection early second half in the left back role - but he isn't a midfielder and playing him with Wedgbury doesn't work. yesterday when Kelly was switched to the centre of midfield we looked much better - but then strangely he got subbed - this is after Wright was not selected in the first place for reasons that haven't been explained.

Fine margins and virtually all games are decided by one goal - the next handful of games against so called fancied / top end of the table teams will show us more.

dlrwrexham 17th September 2017 19.34:02

[QUOTE=Red Light;2071959]Our good run started with the introduction into the team of Dibble, Wright and Hurst - it took us up a notch - enough to gain wins but now they are out of the team and Carrington is back - I thought he had a reasonable game v Hartlepool particularly as he was afforded little protection early second half in the left back role - but he isn't a midfielder and playing him with Wedgbury doesn't work. yesterday when Kelly was switched to the centre of midfield we looked much better - but then strangely he got subbed - this is after Wright was not selected in the first place for reasons that haven't been explained.

Fine margins and virtually all games are decided by one goal - the next handful of games against so called fancied / top end of the table teams will show us more.[/QUOTE]

Carra is a midfielder,but cut from the same cloth as Wedgebury ... a very defensive weave!.Neither have the natural inclination to drive forward with the ball,and yesterday they were both conspicuous in their absence,when it came to getting forward to support the wide players when those lads had the ball (with Roberts' lack of forward drive adding to the problem!)... hence the number of crosses that Rutherford and Kelly were slinging in to the box,this being often their only option!.Most fans seem to see this,I just hope Dean and co are at least aware of the problem.Saturday will tell us more (I hope!).:)

Alan Attack 17th September 2017 19.50:08

[QUOTE=TWREX;2071957]Christ we think we're in a mess, have you been on the Tranmere forum almost in meltdown.[/QUOTE]

Sense of entitlement; both clubs. We've been down here long enough to know that no one is going to gift us points.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.17:54.