RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

nessasmum 18th September 2017 10.47:04

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

My only concern with Keates' decision-making is that, for me, he's a bit slow to make those substitutions. Is his team selection down to factors we cannot know - is Wright not fit for the full 90 minutes? Although if so, I'd probably start him for impact.

Boden has been a disappointment, Keates has more faith in him than I do. Don't think we're seeing the best Kelly has to offer yet. Generally though, I've liked the new recruits. We've got some strong pairings- Manny's composure and Pearson's solidity stand out for me.

And I'm firmly in the pro-Rutherford camp, for what it's worth.

John Neals Dynasty 18th September 2017 11.09:27

In answering the thread title if he isn't the man to take us forward who's is????!?!!!?

Exactly it's his team so he should be given until the end of season minimal, otherwise you get another manager taking over a club and players who he didn't sign and might not rate like Keates did after Mills, with little money to change it then we are back to square one.

GROUNDHOG DAY AFC
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

cardiffred 18th September 2017 11.15:44

[QUOTE=Willywill;2072091]I would give every manager the minimum of a full season. All this knee jerk reaction stuff makes me laugh. This is NOT a promotion season for us. It's about forming a good base after Mills Mess up, then mount a decent challenge in August 2018.[/QUOTE]

This, this, this and this again.

Phils-an-alki 18th September 2017 11.19:38

[QUOTE=cardiffred;2072101]This, this, this and this again.[/QUOTE]

I agree and have said as much myself however if we were near the bottom of the league then this would have to go out the window surely?

If there's no danger of getting relegated which by the way I don't believe there is then we stick with DK this season with a view to really competing next. I know this won't wash with some but at some point we need a manger here for a few seasons.

Funny_Old_Game 18th September 2017 11.25:05

Problem is, the BTB will be nowhere near next season so in theory the squad will be weaker.

Boden has been a massive waste of wages, he wasn't go to get them all right I guess.

Phils-an-alki 18th September 2017 11.27:09

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2072103]Problem is, the BTB will be nowhere near next season so in theory the squad will be weaker.

Boden has been a massive waste of wages, he wasn't go to get them all right I guess.[/QUOTE]

That's if it's even been spent yet. I hope not!

pagl 18th September 2017 11.31:44

[QUOTE=Willywill;2072091]I would give every manager the minimum of a full season. All this knee jerk reaction stuff makes me laugh. This is NOT a promotion season for us. It's about forming a good base after Mills Mess up, then mount a decent challenge in August 2018.[/QUOTE]

Nice sentiments but the league is there for the taking this season and we have had BTB and Taylor monies. Strike whilst the iron is hot.

a CM and CF and we could push close.

ugarte007 18th September 2017 11.39:58

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072102]I agree and have said as much myself however if we were near the bottom of the league then this would have to go out the window surely?

If there's no danger of getting relegated which by the way I don't believe there is then we stick with DK this season with a view to really competing next. I know this won't wash with some but at some point we need a manger here for a few seasons.[/QUOTE]

Thats a valid point if we were struggling in 2 months time down the bottom something would have to give, but I agree I dont think that is going to happen.

Hes maybe giving the players time to improve instead of jumping the gun with new additions on loan that maybe a short term fix. I wasn't there Saturday but understand why fans are getting restless. We have a much better team on paper than they did, wages overall higher too. Im in for the long term with Keates but he needs to do better sooner rather than later.

redfronner 18th September 2017 11.45:57

Okay I will play dumb and ammuse this thread even though it sums up everything that is wrong with the club. You would sack Dean for being 2 points of top in his first full season in charge and has admitted its not an overnight job, what next? Sign a team of footballers who play like Arsenal but with Aguero up top.....all for free....and make sure we sign them before any other big club....just because we are Wrexham.....And then still sack the next manager because we have not won the league by a clear 50 points?

People need to remember this is not football manager.....and I also agree that carrington is a mistake in midfield but who else would have taken going from cluless footballers last season to having one if not the best deffence in the league and two point off top.....

Bit of releasation please

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.22:32.