RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

t1954 18th September 2017 11.52:38

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=redfronner;2072113]Okay I will play dumb and ammuse this thread even though it sums up everything that is wrong with the club. You would sack Dean for being 2 points of top in his first full season in charge and has admitted its not an overnight job, what next? Sign a team of footballers who play like Arsenal but with Aguero up top.....all for free....and make sure we sign them before any other big club....just because we are Wrexham.....And then still sack the next manager because we have not won the league by a clear 50 points?

People need to remember this is not football manager.....and I also agree that carrington is a mistake in midfield but who else would have taken going from cluless footballers last season to having one if not the best deffence in the league and two point off top.....

Bit of releasation please[/QUOTE]

If we are still 2 pts off the top following the next 7 games most will agree, bottom half, with same tactics, we are in melt down

Lesjonno 18th September 2017 12.00:06

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2072061]They play with 5 at the back and apparently have no creativity in midfield.

Sound familiar?

Cooke who most of their fans agree is their best striker is on the bench most weeks and has hardly had a sniff of goal all season. So even if we signed him he wouldn't fare any better here unless we got that elusive creative midfielder in to make things happen.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. You could sign Messi and still not score with a weak midfield. Mind you, if we did sign him they might play him in goal.

Bryn Tirion 18th September 2017 12.11:41

[QUOTE=redfronner;2072113]Okay I will play dumb and ammuse this thread even though it sums up everything that is wrong with the club. You would sack Dean for being 2 points of top in his first full season in charge and has admitted its not an overnight job, what next? Sign a team of footballers who play like Arsenal but with Aguero up top.....all for free....and make sure we sign them before any other big club....just because we are Wrexham.....And then still sack the next manager because we have not won the league by a clear 50 points?

People need to remember this is not football manager.....and I also agree that carrington is a mistake in midfield but who else would have taken going from cluless footballers last season to having one if not the best deffence in the league and two point off top.....

Bit of releasation please[/QUOTE]

To be fair, there are very few on here calling for Keates to be sacked at the moment. There are plenty, including me who are cheesed off with tactics and performances but that's a long way from wanting him to get the boot.

KT12 Exile 18th September 2017 12.13:04

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2072022]And they have strikers galore and have still scored less than us :):)[/QUOTE]

I had not realised that! Bloody hell if they've scored less than us, they really are struggling!

As frustrating as it is the way we're playing at the moment, we need to allow Keates to make mistakes and then enough time to learn from them. We didn't allow Morrell this luxury (gone after 1 bad season), Wilkin didn't last a year either, and Mills only lasted just over a year himself, the 'chop and change' approach just isn't working.

I'm as frustrated as anyone at the way we're playing and the blind spot for Carrington in midfield is increasingly baffling, but I honestly think we'll be better off if we allow Keates to make the mistakes and rectify them. History indicates that changing things now won't see us in a better position in 12 months time, so I'd like to see him given a sustained period of time to build a squad and slowly progress, rather than hit the panic button. If we were battling relegation it would be different of course.

I don't think all of the cash has been spent yet, weren't we still bidding for Cook until late in August? If so, you'd assume there's a healthy amount of money leftover. My guess is that Keates put all of his eggs in one basket and is now paying the price for missing out. If true, it's an error, but I'd like to see him have the chance to learn from this.

In terms of our 'hoof it and lose it' style of play, this is admittedly strange. I assumed with Darlington doing some coaching, we'd be better organised than this. Is CD advising Keates badly, or is Keates not taking his advice on board?

Birdy 18th September 2017 12.13:34

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2072099]In answering the thread title if he isn't the man to take us forward who's is????!?!!!?

Exactly it's his team so he should be given until the end of season minimal, otherwise you get another manager taking over a club and players who he didn't sign and might not rate like Keates did after Mills, with little money to change it then we are back to square one.

GROUNDHOG DAY AFC
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Do you think Keates is getting the best out of the players?

Phils-an-alki 18th September 2017 12.13:36

[QUOTE=Lesjonno;2072118]Absolutely. You could sign Messi and still not score with a weak midfield. Mind you, if we did sign him they might play him in goal.[/QUOTE]

Carrington would keep him on the bench.

NottsRed 18th September 2017 12.29:03

[QUOTE=KT12 Exile;2072123]I had not realised that! Bloody hell if they've scored less than us, they really are struggling!

As frustrating as it is the way we're playing at the moment, we need to allow Keates to make mistakes and then enough time to learn from them. We didn't allow Morrell this luxury (gone after 1 bad season), Wilkin didn't last a year either, and Mills only lasted just over a year himself, the 'chop and change' approach just isn't working.

I'm as frustrated as anyone at the way we're playing and the blind spot for Carrington in midfield is increasingly baffling, but I honestly think we'll be better off if we allow Keates to make the mistakes and rectify them. History indicates that changing things now won't see us in a better position in 12 months time, so I'd like to see him given a sustained period of time to build a squad and slowly progress, rather than hit the panic button. If we were battling relegation it would be different of course.

I don't think all of the cash has been spent yet, weren't we still bidding for Cook until late in August? If so, you'd assume there's a healthy amount of money leftover. My guess is that Keates put all of his eggs in one basket and is now paying the price for missing out. If true, it's an error, but I'd like to see him have the chance to learn from this.

In terms of our 'hoof it and lose it' style of play, this is admittedly strange. I assumed with Darlington doing some coaching, we'd be better organised than this. Is CD advising Keates badly, or is Keates not taking his advice on board?[/QUOTE]

I was mulling over Darlingtons contribution last night. When he took over for the last few games of the season when Wilkin was sacked we played some decent passing football and had a good run of form. Compare that to the football we are being served up now.

Does anyone know if Darlington does actually contribute into the first team tactics or does Keates say this is the way we play and Darlington then assists with the coaching on that?

What is so frustrating is that we are full time team, decent facilities and a respected coach helping out yet watching the highlights from Saturday we yet again looked clueless against a part time team struggling down the bottom.

It so painful to watch and its blindingly obvious that hoofball doesn't work with the players we have. So the question has to be asked with all that we have why are we persisting with this tactic and why can't anyone come up with a plan B?

KT12 Exile 18th September 2017 12.37:55

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2072138]I was mulling over Darlingtons contribution last night. When he took over for the last few games of the season when Wilkin was sacked we played some decent passing football and had a good run of form. Compare that to the football we are being served up now.

Does anyone know if Darlington does actually contribute into the first team tactics or does Keates say this is the way we play and Darlington then assists with the coaching on that?[/QUOTE]

That's what's confusing me as well. I'd really like to know the answer to your question at the end there.

John Neals Dynasty 18th September 2017 12.54:52

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072125]Do you think Keates is getting the best out of the players?[/QUOTE]

In answer to your question Birdy are these players as good as some think? They are all non league journeymen so limited in ability else they wouldn't of spent so Long down here.

It was obvious that all his signings wouldn't work out it would be expecting a lot. As to is DK getting the best out of the players he has signed then probably not but is it all down to him? He is part of a management team really in Davies and Darlington. A lot as many have said is down to tactics and finding the right blend the continuation of playing 2 deep midfielders at home is baffling and especially Carrington who is probably a better option at rightback at the moment as Roberts has been very poor,

If he can play more expansive football at home it may help. But another thing I've noticed is the lack or pace in midfield and upfront their seems to be a lack of intensity in our play attacking wise.

On top of this Keates does not seem to know his best starting 11 yet. We could do with what Keates himself was when he arrived an experienced midfielder who has won promotion at a higher level an old ex league player if you like we have today many non league journeymen with limited ability, and some of us are expecting miracles from them with this lack of basic skills.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.39:43.