Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18th September 2017, 12.57:56   #154-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
That's what's confusing me as well. I'd really like to know the answer to your question at the end there.
Perfect chance to find out this week:

http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110441-wst-meeting.html#post2072009
Posted via mobile theme
Old 18th September 2017, 14.06:45   #155-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
In answer to your question Birdy are these players as good as some think? They are all non league journeymen so limited in ability else they wouldn't of spent so Long down here.

It was obvious that all his signings wouldn't work out it would be expecting a lot. As to is DK getting the best out of the players he has signed then probably not but is it all down to him? He is part of a management team really in Davies and Darlington. A lot as many have said is down to tactics and finding the right blend the continuation of playing 2 deep midfielders at home is baffling and especially Carrington who is probably a better option at rightback at the moment as Roberts has been very poor,

If he can play more expansive football at home it may help. But another thing I've noticed is the lack or pace in midfield and upfront their seems to be a lack of intensity in our play attacking wise.

On top of this Keates does not seem to know his best starting 11 yet. We could do with what Keates himself was when he arrived an experienced midfielder who has won promotion at a higher level an old ex league player if you like we have today many non league journeymen with limited ability, and some of us are expecting miracles from them with this lack of basic skills.
Posted via mobile theme
The game against Hartlepool was a pleasure to watch and I thought that we played fairly well. Now consider the dross we all watched last Saturday and the difference was alarming .
To me it was obvious that Keates changed the team for no good reason and its been said many times that Carrington is useless in midfield as Boden is as a striker but still Keates seems arrogantly convinced he knows best and things will change !
In my opinion we have a half decent squad but its crying out for a decent mid field general and a decent striker. Keats says he knows this but I suspect he will still be tinkering throughout the season and wont bring in the 2 players extra we need .
This season the league is wide open and we could easily get promoted with a manager who knows what he is doing so I suspect its a mid table finish for us !
Old 18th September 2017, 14.16:43   #156-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT12 Exile View Post
I had not realised that! Bloody hell if they've scored less than us, they really are struggling!

As frustrating as it is the way we're playing at the moment, we need to allow Keates to make mistakes and then enough time to learn from them. We didn't allow Morrell this luxury (gone after 1 bad season), Wilkin didn't last a year either, and Mills only lasted just over a year himself, the 'chop and change' approach just isn't working.

I'm as frustrated as anyone at the way we're playing and the blind spot for Carrington in midfield is increasingly baffling, but I honestly think we'll be better off if we allow Keates to make the mistakes and rectify them. History indicates that changing things now won't see us in a better position in 12 months time, so I'd like to see him given a sustained period of time to build a squad and slowly progress, rather than hit the panic button. If we were battling relegation it would be different of course.

I don't think all of the cash has been spent yet, weren't we still bidding for Cook until late in August? If so, you'd assume there's a healthy amount of money leftover. My guess is that Keates put all of his eggs in one basket and is now paying the price for missing out. If true, it's an error, but I'd like to see him have the chance to learn from this.

In terms of our 'hoof it and lose it' style of play, this is admittedly strange. I assumed with Darlington doing some coaching, we'd be better organised than this. Is CD advising Keates badly, or is Keates not taking his advice on board?
The overriding problem with Keates seems to me that he does'nt or refuses to recognise that mistakes are being made with selection, tactics, signings (apart from our centre backs ) and his apparent weakness or the necessary experience in the transfer market. I really want him to succeed at the Racecourse believe me. However I am worried, perhaps surprised, that up to now, Carl Darlington 's influence and supposed ' magic ' has yet to show it's value.
Old 18th September 2017, 14.32:42   #157-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig arian View Post
The overriding problem with Keates seems to me that he does'nt or refuses to recognise that mistakes are being made with selection, tactics, signings (apart from our centre backs ) and his apparent weakness or the necessary experience in the transfer market. I really want him to succeed at the Racecourse believe me. However I am worried, perhaps surprised, that up to now, Carl Darlington 's influence and supposed ' magic ' has yet to show it's value.
To be fair do you really expect him to say anything different to what he does in press conferences ? I haven't heard many managers saying "we were crap today and heads will roll"
Old 18th September 2017, 14.51:28   #158-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
To be fair do you really expect him to say anything different to what he does in press conferences ? I haven't heard many managers saying "we were crap today and heads will roll"
Would make a refreshing change.

draig arian is right in that Keates refuses to accept he has made mistakes with the squad and how it is set up. Also you do have to wonder how much influence Darlington is having on the set up.
Old 18th September 2017, 15.43:34   #159-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Yale/Wrexham Lager Stand Centre Section

Quote:
Originally Posted by moynkeepthefaith View Post
DK would certainly gain more credibility in my books if he was brave enough to occasionally be so blunt. Saturday's abysmal display merited such critique.

Nevertheless, those first 11 games are now history. We are in a healthy position in the table but our next run of games will sort the men from the boys. I just hope DK has not decided that his original starting XI is the one and only option. I don't think he is that shallow but Saturday's selection sent alarm-bells ringing before a ball had been kicked. Must do better, I am afraid.
Old 18th September 2017, 16.52:43   #160-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

This thread get increasingly more ridiculous as it goes on. Huge conjecture now accepted as RP FACT
Old 18th September 2017, 17.20:57   #161-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
This thread get increasingly more ridiculous as it goes on. Huge conjecture now accepted as RP FACT
Agreed. I haven't studied every post, but I notice all those slaying DK for cashing in on Rooney and not meeting his wage demands, haven't said much after Romney's showing on Saturday. Even a lad than match fit Kelly outshone him down that flank. Its about 46bgames not a few but alot has been said about a part timers Guiseley but doesn't anyone know their wage bill compared to ours.
Old 18th September 2017, 18.18:31   #162-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: MRS

we will be in this league as long as the Trust are running the club therefore for the foreseeable future wether it be 5, 10, 15 or even 20 years were going nowhere higher under Trust ownership FACT
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.30:18.