RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

welshian 16th September 2017 18.47:29

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=onelegged harry;2071585]And the same clowns who get gave him a 3 year contract![/QUOTE]

This is what kills me. I've got no problem with keates on 18 months to prove his worth, but to offer such a ridiculous contract to a guy still in his managerial nappies was a huge mistake. Now we are stuck with this woeful football.

riccardo 16th September 2017 18.47:47

Jesus wept. Win 3 in a row and we're going up. Draw 3 in a row and we're calling for the manager to be sacked. Bit of perspective and patience required.

Phils-an-alki 16th September 2017 18.48:35

I said we might have to see this season out under Keates and as painful as it may sound see where we are this time next season.
We need to give a manager a decent chance at some point and let him try to build a team. Sacking Keates now would take us back to the drawing board completely in my opinion. If at Christmas we are bottom half in the league then that should trigger a rethink. Otherwise we see this season out and surely to god he'll have learnt valuable lessons and will act accordingly.

Saying that he needs to inject something into this team otherwise he's just digging his own grave. Fans won't keep coming back for the dullfest currently on offer. It'll turn sour.

welshian 16th September 2017 18.53:09

[QUOTE=riccardo;2071594]Jesus wept. Win 3 in a row and we're going up. Draw 3 in a row and we're calling for the manager to be sacked. Bit of perspective and patience required.[/QUOTE]

nine goals. third lowest in the league. The only reason we are 2 points off the top is that the opposition in general have been as inept as we are. If this is the standard you are happy with then lap it up, there's more of the same to come.

davewilli 16th September 2017 18.53:42

[QUOTE=welshian;2071593]This is what kills me. I've got no problem with keates on 18 months to prove his worth, but to offer such a ridiculous contract to a guy still in his managerial nappies was a huge mistake. Now we are stuck with this woeful football.[/QUOTE]

He can still be sacked if he doesnt continue to take us forward, as previous managers have been, but we have been a basket case for too long with zero stability.

Funny_Old_Game 16th September 2017 18.56:28

Vose was in the Leader saying how he lost his way after leaving here, can anyone see anything wrong in giving him a short term deal? Even as a bench option he would actually inject some excitement into the ditchwater dull stuff we watch every week.

riccardo 16th September 2017 18.56:37

Regardless with how poorly we are playing I am happy that we are only 2 points off top and we've only lost 3 games. Last season we were in a much worse state. We're still in September, we're not going to sign anyone new and the manager is still inexperienced and will learn. We must look at the positives and act rationally or we we will go nowhere.

Tom wafc 16th September 2017 18.58:10

2 points off top and we are not playing well, so can't complain yet. Yes the football hasn't been attractive, but this is Keates first season as manager so give the man a chance! We are solid defensively but lacking in attack, this is something that can be fixed unlike our situation in recent years.

sparky 16th September 2017 19.00:28

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2071604]Vose was in the Leader saying how he lost his way after leaving here, can anyone see anything wrong in giving him a short term deal? Even as a bench option he would actually inject some excitement into the ditchwater dull stuff we watch every week.[/QUOTE]

Unless he has learnt how to track back since he left it would be a firm no from me.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.22:21.