RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 10.06:04

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=Ooh aah Paskin;2072378]I think 'disaster' is a bit much when describing the on the field fare.

Yes, it appears stifled and lacking ideas and you honestly can't see where a goal would come from.
BUT IMO we are only one or two tweaks away from a consistent performing side. A Creative midfielder is definitely needed. Whether we actually have that player already (Kelly, Leo) and they just need to find that spark (or be played in the best position) remains to be seen.

But we can't take too long trying to find out.[/QUOTE]

Not this season but previous especially last season. It was a disaster. It's still a mystery to me how Mills got away with what he did. It's been swept under the carpet and no one has been held to account. Transparency?

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 10.07:39

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2072377]I wouldn't say it's a total disaster. Just a normal disaster. Look at York who are in the league below. A total disaster would be relegation from this league which isn't beyond the realm of fantasy when similar sized clubs to us have dropped in recent years and haven't bounced back.

The accountability has always rested with the manager. Should those who appoint the manager be held to task? Without doubt but all the managers the Trust have appointed have been sound enough...on papers.

Perhaps Keates didn't have the required experience but I can point you to countless managers who never had detailed experience but have achieved great things.[/QUOTE]

So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 10.16:28

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072381]So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.[/QUOTE]

You're right but that's the game. They put their faith in the manager as he knows more about the game....aparently.

People may point to Huw Jenkins at Swansea implementing a way of thinking from top to bottom. It doesn't matter who manages the club, the philosophy is the same. However, we're not Swansea and haven't got a pot to urinate in. The majority of our income goes to the first team so it's impossible to build a youth set up. This element of the club is a mess.

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 10.38:56

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2072384]You're right but that's the game. They put their faith in the manager as he knows more about the game....aparently.

People may point to Huw Jenkins at Swansea implementing a way of thinking from top to bottom. It doesn't matter who manages the club, the philosophy is the same. However, we're not Swansea and haven't got a pot to urinate in. The majority of our income goes to the first team so it's impossible to build a youth set up. This element of the club is a mess.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me started on the youth set up racket. It's a horror show.

I guess what I'm saying is how long do we continue as we are if nothing happens on the pitch. Say we have another 4 years like the last 4 what then? Is it all just swept under the carpet, the board stays the same and we just bumble along or is there a trigger when changes above the manager are made?
Is it a coincidence so many managers struggle here?

LlayDragon 19th September 2017 10.43:05

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072387]Don't get me started on the youth set up racket. It's a horror show.

I guess what I'm saying is how long do we continue as we are if nothing happens on the pitch. Say we have another 4 years like the last 4 what then? Is it all just swept under the carpet, the board stays the same and we just bumble along or is there a trigger when changes above the manager are made?
Is it a coincidence so many managers struggle here?[/QUOTE]

This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?

sparky 19th September 2017 10.47:13

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072387]Don't get me started on the youth set up racket. It's a horror show.

[/QUOTE]

Indeed, and those in charge need to take some accountability for that, playing the blame game just doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 10.48:45

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2072389]This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?[/QUOTE]

We don't have any reserve players though. Not like in the olden days when Morrell and Jake Edwards were knocking them in on a Thursday afternoon!

RED2309 19th September 2017 10.51:25

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072381]So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.[/QUOTE]

Bircham and Horne went soon after Mills which was kind of carrying the can I thought.

LlayDragon 19th September 2017 10.54:35

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2072392]We don't have any reserve players though. Not like in the olden days when Morrell and Jake Edwards were knocking them in on a Thursday afternoon![/QUOTE]

The players on the bench are a start. Even though our squad is small we have players not getting games. In-fill with players from the youth team.

It also gives Keates the option of being able to see any trialists in match situations throughout the season.

John Neals Dynasty 19th September 2017 11.14:30

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2072389]This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?[/QUOTE]

LD I agree I've mentioned on a few threads that getting rid of the reserve side is a backwards step for the same reasons in your post. Little did it & it was one of the first things Saunders put right reinstating it. At least Little arranged friendlies I suppose.
The club on the field remains stagnant despite build the budget.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.05:19.