RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 11.15:54

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=RED2309;2072393]Bircham and Horne went soon after Mills which was kind of carrying the can I thought.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmn. Maybe but that wasn't the reason given.

HugoMontenegro 19th September 2017 11.18:15

Keats has done good things, 1 We are hard to beat, and well organised. And normally are play pretty well. However, Sat was a mistake. We need our best team against the teams who play negative football. Also if players do well and improve, they should be kept in the 1st 11.

blackbrookred 19th September 2017 11.50:12

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072259]The 5 and 10 year parts are FACT.[/QUOTE]
No it's your opinion.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 19th September 2017 12.06:31

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2072408]No it's your opinion.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 12.25:44

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072415]Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?[/QUOTE]

So what if it's fact or opinion?

Quay Red 19th September 2017 12.31:12

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072259]The 5 and 10 year parts are FACT.[/QUOTE]

I fail to see how a prediction over the next 5 or 10 years can be nothing more than opinion and speculation.
It cannot be fact as it hasn't happened.
From the usual suspects on the site it appears to be "wishful thinking".

Old Paddock Man 19th September 2017 12.53:46

As that Mark Twain fella said ....
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

swanseared 19th September 2017 12.55:23

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2072138]I was mulling over Darlingtons contribution last night. When he took over for the last few games of the season when Wilkin was sacked we played some decent passing football and had a good run of form. Compare that to the football we are being served up now.

Does anyone know if Darlington does actually contribute into the first team tactics or does Keates say this is the way we play and Darlington then assists with the coaching on that?

What is so frustrating is that we are full time team, decent facilities and a respected coach helping out yet watching the highlights from Saturday we yet again looked clueless against a part time team struggling down the bottom.

It so painful to watch and its blindingly obvious that hoofball doesn't work with the players we have. So the question has to be asked with all that we have why are we persisting with this tactic and why can't anyone come up with a plan B?[/QUOTE]

It's a different challenge this time round. Last time, it was a case of stablising a failing team. This time they've had to build a new team from scratch.

The team must be well organised to keep teams at bay for 90 mins. It might not be pretty, but it's what other teams have done to us for years.

That said, disappointing to see hoofball return. Was hoping that had left the building with Hudson.

Vorporix 19th September 2017 15.26:39

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072415]Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?[/QUOTE]

You would have been better saying 'almost certainly', 'distinct possibility' highly likely' 'I will bet you any money you like' rather than 'fact' which it is not.

Just saying like!

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 19th September 2017 16.04:15

[QUOTE=NottsRed;2071681]Yet he keeps playing the same tactics that aren't working. He freely admits these tactics wont work without a target man yet persists.

We played our best football of the season when Carrington is suspended and Wright is in the midfield. Today Wright is on the bench and Carrington back in the midfield and look what happens.

Yes we are two points off of the top and unbeaten in six but in all reality the negative football is costing us points and now fans. I can't help but think with a more experienced manager with a plan B when its not working we would easily be on 24 - 26 points at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Carrington is the main problem. He is useless in midfield. If Keates cannot see this he should not be a manager.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.35:45.