RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

jackwilliams 19th September 2017 08.43:23

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Keates is a relatively new manager and frankly could not have had a much harder start, inheriting a woeful team. He had to clear out, save money, whilst trying to avoid relegation. He has cleared the decks and started from the back. The team are still very much in contention for promotion. It may not look good. The team is definitely a work in progress. I have only seen the Maidenhead game but Wrexham beat a decent side that night. I just do not see how anybody can yet say that Keates is not the man to take us forward. He has done pretty well in my opinion. It is not pretty but so far it has been relatively effective.

eosceiriog 19th September 2017 08.52:53

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2072320]Nothing to preserve Sir. I'm beyond preservation. Anyone who expresses an opinion as "fact" about anything is asking to have their leg pulled. (Should have added a smiley for the avoidance of doubt). Gently of course without resorting to abuse. Unless he genuinely can see into the future. If so I'd propose him for the board. Be a handy skill to have.

My opinion (it's not fact) is that we just aren't an attractive proposition to an outside "investor" whatever an investor in an asset less non league club looks like. But if enough members think otherwise they could start a campaign (much easier to do in the modern age) and make putting the club (or part of it) up for sale official club policy. And see what happens. There is nothing to stop them. Or you. Can't see it working myself but there again I'm no clairvoyant.

Hope I've not misspelt anything 😊[/QUOTE]

Your opinion may or may not be correct but at least you can see what many do not, "there is no outside interest" is merely an opinion and not a fact.

In my opinion the ability to think rationally is more important than being able to spell!! Good post.

What I cannot understand is why the board / WST (our leaders) do not put it to a vote themselves to clear matters up one way or another. Oh , just hang on a minute!!!

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 08.54:59

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2072251]Can you remind us of the direction the club was heading under the last two owners?

I bet you don't answer that question.[/QUOTE]

It's totally irrelevant to the point he made though.

John Neals Dynasty 19th September 2017 09.03:56

[QUOTE=moldroadred;2072350]I did post on another thread that I was disappointed with Wedgbury, I was expecting a lot more. Can't fault the effort but as you say his passing is poor and he is not a player who can control a game by putting his foot on the ball, bulls and china shops come to mind :)[/QUOTE]

Agree with this Wedgebury couldn't pass wind
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 09.06:17

Under WST ownership the football team has only moved in one direction- that's backwards.
Like it or not it's been a failure and let's be honest that's the reason football clubs exist, success on the pitch. Lots of our fans have now stopped judging them on this, why? It's been dreadful and the Mills fiasco was swiftly swept under the carpet with no one taking responsibility for the way he took the piss.

The free ride or honeymoon is over for the board and the last fours years have been one managerial disaster after another.
I'm not anti WST but for me it's just not working in respect of us having a successful football team and that's what we're all here for.

marathonplny 19th September 2017 09.09:11

Lets get behind Deano. This was never going to be a 'quick' fix.
The early season Mills team form was great - but then look what happened.

We have the back four signed up on 2 year deals and need to build on this. It may well mean another season in the 'league of hell' but everything comes to those that wait.
(I know that there are question on LB and RB - but we are not conceding.)

And we have all waited patiently.

I'm as frustrated as everyone watching games.

I sat through 90 mins on Saturday, I had to leave before extra time and missed the only real good point of the game - so imagine my thoughts on missing the goal.

Supporting our club has always lead to ups and downs. I believe we are heading in the right direction - yes we need a few additions - Deane knows this, he's been in the game long enough.

4k at every game shows that we are ALL committed.

COYR

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 09.10:24

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072355]It's totally irrelevant to the point he made though.[/QUOTE]

It has perfect relevance.

Under fan ownership we're going nowhere but under "private" ownership it was oblivion following the separation of club and ground.

Whilst interguinness wasn't scathing of the Trust like others are, his only alternative (tongue in cheek no doubt) was someone winning the lottery and gifting us money. In the meantime, the club needs to operate.

Criticise the Trust all you like (I'm not saying you are) but don't tell me we're in a worse position off the field.

The facts are Moss artificially inflated the wage bill/budget with "personal" loans and transferred land into his ownership as collateral. He got himself in such a state he also had to sell the stadium for a quick buck before getting out.

Loughboroughred 19th September 2017 09.22:34

Unbeaten in six! Sack the manager! This is unacceptable.

Paul Cox is renown for building teams that are hard to beat. They use dirty tactics and make it hard to break down.

Trust it Keates it will happen. He has been slightly unlucky not getting the striker he wanted.

OneLoveWrexham 19th September 2017 09.24:20

[QUOTE=Loughboroughred;2072366]Unbeaten in six! Sack the manager! This is unacceptable.

Paul Cox is renown for building teams that are hard to beat. They use dirty tactics and make it hard to break down.

Trust it Keates it will happen. He has been slightly unlucky not getting the striker he wanted.[/QUOTE]
How was he unlucky? Clearly you have the inside info then?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.59:51.