RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo 19th September 2017 16.13:15

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2072389]This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

[B]Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?[/B][/QUOTE]

I thought this was the plan, with most accepting it when announced.

blackbrookred 19th September 2017 21.26:57

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072415]Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?[/QUOTE]
How's it fact? It hasn't happened yet and there is no guarantee it will. It's your opinion, it may come true at which point it will be factual. At the moment it's your opinion. It isn't a hard thing to understand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 21.32:55

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2072554]How's it fact? It hasn't happened yet and there is no guarantee it will. It's your opinion, it may come true at which point it will be factual. At the moment it's your opinion. It isn't a hard thing to understand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

It adds significantly more weight if you say “fact” when you express an opinion. Even more so if it’s in capitals. FACT.

Birdy 19th September 2017 22.08:20

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2072554]How's it fact? It hasn't happened yet and there is no guarantee it will. It's your opinion, it may come true at which point it will be factual. At the moment it's your opinion. It isn't a hard thing to understand.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

If you re-read what I said, I said the 5 to 10 years period was fact because it is. We have been in the conference since the WST took over which is in the 5 to 10 years range. 10 to 20 years is opinion as it is in the future.

blackbrookred 20th September 2017 05.59:13

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072566]If you re-read what I said, I said the 5 to 10 years period was fact because it is. We have been in the conference since the WST took over which is in the 5 to 10 years range. 10 to 20 years is opinion as it is in the future.[/QUOTE]

But the person who 1st mentioned 5 years etc who you were supporting, was talking about the 'foreseeable future'. Not the past, therefore your comment of the 5 and 10 year being fact looks like you mean 5 or 10 years in the future. You made no mention of the past 5 years.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Old Paddock Man 20th September 2017 06.31:06

Feels like this thread has gone on for 5 years. That's not fact by the way.

pagl 20th September 2017 06.38:58

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2072587]Feels like this thread has gone on for 5 years. That's not fact by the way.[/QUOTE]

Its gone off thread thats for sure thats a FACT :)

I still think Keates is our best option and really has the club at heart.
I think he has made mistakes and hasnt got the midfield right and needs to address some key issues but is better placed to do this with budget still left and the abolity to attract players.

I just hope he can deliver on the CF situation asap.

Ronaldo to Wrexham 20th September 2017 06.53:06

In my opinion we need a creative mf and a striker asap. This is similar to what many others seem to think from what I have read. Another concern is the gk position. I have no issue with Dunn or Dibble ability wise but Dunn has been injury prone last season and this .Dibble has already picked up an injury and in 11 games we have used 4 gk. This needs to be monitored carefully, more so with Dunn who's injuries seem ongoing. It may be that we try and sign a gk in January.

Prodigal Dragon 20th September 2017 09.14:58

[QUOTE=pagl;2072589]Its gone off thread thats for sure thats a FACT :)

I still think Keates is our best option and really has the club at heart.
I think he has made mistakes and hasnt got the midfield right and needs to address some key issues but is better placed to do this with budget still left and the abolity to attract players.

I just hope he can deliver on the CF situation asap.[/QUOTE]

Wise opinion bordering on fact.

Talk of ridding us of DK and CD is just frustration. They are, IMHO, our best hope for getting out of this God-forsaken league. Like the rest of us they'll make mistakes along the way; but that's life.

Hope your feeling well enough to attend again soon, and the treatment doesn't take too much out of you.

NottsRed 20th September 2017 09.33:57

[QUOTE=Ronaldo to Wrexham;2072593]In my opinion we need a creative mf and a striker asap. This is similar to what many others seem to think from what I have read. Another concern is the gk position. I have no issue with Dunn or Dibble ability wise but Dunn has been injury prone last season and this .Dibble has already picked up an injury and in 11 games we have used 4 gk. This needs to be monitored carefully, more so with Dunn who's injuries seem ongoing. It may be that we try and sign a gk in January.[/QUOTE]

Dibbles is a bit of a freak injury. Agree on Dunn though, it does sound like a long term serious injury.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 09.04:56.