Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19th September 2017, 09.43:39   #208-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Attack View Post
It has perfect relevance.

Under fan ownership we're going nowhere but under "private" ownership it was oblivion following the separation of club and ground.

Whilst interguinness wasn't scathing of the Trust like others are, his only alternative (tongue in cheek no doubt) was someone winning the lottery and gifting us money. In the meantime, the club needs to operate.

Criticise the Trust all you like (I'm not saying you are) but don't tell me we're in a worse position off the field.

The facts are Moss artificially inflated the wage bill/budget with "personal" loans and transferred land into his ownership as collateral. He got himself in such a state he also had to sell the stadium for a quick buck before getting out.
Ok I see your point.

All we keep hearing is we're in a better position off field which we are undoubtedly are but on the field has been a disaster. Isnt that just as important, that's why the club exists?
When is that going to be counted in judging how we are progressing? The off field stability seems to papering over this all the time. For me it's wearing thin. There's a lack of accountability and a defeating silence around this.
Old 19th September 2017, 09.58:11   #209-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Ok I see your point.

All we keep hearing is we're in a better position off field which we are undoubtedly are but on the field has been a disaster. Isnt that just as important, that's why the club exists?
When is that going to be counted in judging how we are progressing? The off field stability seems to papering over this all the time. For me it's wearing thin. There's a lack of accountability and a defeating silence around this.
I wouldn't say it's a total disaster. Just a normal disaster. Look at York who are in the league below. A total disaster would be relegation from this league which isn't beyond the realm of fantasy when similar sized clubs to us have dropped in recent years and haven't bounced back.

The accountability has always rested with the manager. Should those who appoint the manager be held to task? Without doubt but all the managers the Trust have appointed have been sound enough...on papers.

Perhaps Keates didn't have the required experience but I can point you to countless managers who never had detailed experience but have achieved great things.
Old 19th September 2017, 09.58:15   #210-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

I think 'disaster' is a bit much when describing the on the field fare.

Yes, it appears stifled and lacking ideas and you honestly can't see where a goal would come from.
BUT IMO we are only one or two tweaks away from a consistent performing side. A Creative midfielder is definitely needed. Whether we actually have that player already (Kelly, Leo) and they just need to find that spark (or be played in the best position) remains to be seen.

But we can't take too long trying to find out.
Old 19th September 2017, 10.06:04   #211-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I think 'disaster' is a bit much when describing the on the field fare.

Yes, it appears stifled and lacking ideas and you honestly can't see where a goal would come from.
BUT IMO we are only one or two tweaks away from a consistent performing side. A Creative midfielder is definitely needed. Whether we actually have that player already (Kelly, Leo) and they just need to find that spark (or be played in the best position) remains to be seen.

But we can't take too long trying to find out.
Not this season but previous especially last season. It was a disaster. It's still a mystery to me how Mills got away with what he did. It's been swept under the carpet and no one has been held to account. Transparency?
Old 19th September 2017, 10.07:39   #212-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's a total disaster. Just a normal disaster. Look at York who are in the league below. A total disaster would be relegation from this league which isn't beyond the realm of fantasy when similar sized clubs to us have dropped in recent years and haven't bounced back.

The accountability has always rested with the manager. Should those who appoint the manager be held to task? Without doubt but all the managers the Trust have appointed have been sound enough...on papers.

Perhaps Keates didn't have the required experience but I can point you to countless managers who never had detailed experience but have achieved great things.
So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.
Old 19th September 2017, 10.16:28   #213-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Quote:
So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.
You're right but that's the game. They put their faith in the manager as he knows more about the game....aparently.

People may point to Huw Jenkins at Swansea implementing a way of thinking from top to bottom. It doesn't matter who manages the club, the philosophy is the same. However, we're not Swansea and haven't got a pot to urinate in. The majority of our income goes to the first team so it's impossible to build a youth set up. This element of the club is a mess.
Old 19th September 2017, 10.38:56   #214-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
You're right but that's the game. They put their faith in the manager as he knows more about the game....aparently.

People may point to Huw Jenkins at Swansea implementing a way of thinking from top to bottom. It doesn't matter who manages the club, the philosophy is the same. However, we're not Swansea and haven't got a pot to urinate in. The majority of our income goes to the first team so it's impossible to build a youth set up. This element of the club is a mess.
Don't get me started on the youth set up racket. It's a horror show.

I guess what I'm saying is how long do we continue as we are if nothing happens on the pitch. Say we have another 4 years like the last 4 what then? Is it all just swept under the carpet, the board stays the same and we just bumble along or is there a trigger when changes above the manager are made?
Is it a coincidence so many managers struggle here?
Old 19th September 2017, 10.43:05   #215-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I guess what I'm saying is how long do we continue as we are if nothing happens on the pitch. Say we have another 4 years like the last 4 what then? Is it all just swept under the carpet, the board stays the same and we just bumble along or is there a trigger when changes above the manager are made?
Is it a coincidence so many managers struggle here?
This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?
Old 19th September 2017, 10.47:13   #216-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: The one that's not been sponsored

Quote:
Indeed, and those in charge need to take some accountability for that, playing the blame game just doesn't wash I'm afraid.

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.00:17.