RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 10.48:45

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2072389]This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?[/QUOTE]

We don't have any reserve players though. Not like in the olden days when Morrell and Jake Edwards were knocking them in on a Thursday afternoon!

RED2309 19th September 2017 10.51:25

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2072381]So we just keep blaming managers and the board are bomb proof? This is what has happened.[/QUOTE]

Bircham and Horne went soon after Mills which was kind of carrying the can I thought.

LlayDragon 19th September 2017 10.54:35

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2072392]We don't have any reserve players though. Not like in the olden days when Morrell and Jake Edwards were knocking them in on a Thursday afternoon![/QUOTE]

The players on the bench are a start. Even though our squad is small we have players not getting games. In-fill with players from the youth team.

It also gives Keates the option of being able to see any trialists in match situations throughout the season.

John Neals Dynasty 19th September 2017 11.14:30

[QUOTE=LlayDragon;2072389]This also links in with not having a reserves team; which means we have no bridge between the youth and first team. Also players coming back from injury have no way of building fitness in a match situation.

Surely we should at least be arranging regular friendlies against other club's reserve teams?[/QUOTE]

LD I agree I've mentioned on a few threads that getting rid of the reserve side is a backwards step for the same reasons in your post. Little did it & it was one of the first things Saunders put right reinstating it. At least Little arranged friendlies I suppose.
The club on the field remains stagnant despite build the budget.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Phils-an-alki 19th September 2017 11.15:54

[QUOTE=RED2309;2072393]Bircham and Horne went soon after Mills which was kind of carrying the can I thought.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmn. Maybe but that wasn't the reason given.

HugoMontenegro 19th September 2017 11.18:15

Keats has done good things, 1 We are hard to beat, and well organised. And normally are play pretty well. However, Sat was a mistake. We need our best team against the teams who play negative football. Also if players do well and improve, they should be kept in the 1st 11.

blackbrookred 19th September 2017 11.50:12

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072259]The 5 and 10 year parts are FACT.[/QUOTE]
No it's your opinion.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Birdy 19th September 2017 12.06:31

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2072408]No it's your opinion.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?

Alan Attack 19th September 2017 12.25:44

[QUOTE=Birdy;2072415]Its fact. Do you need me to spell it out for you?[/QUOTE]

So what if it's fact or opinion?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.47:39.