Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16th September 2017, 21.06:31   #46-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info)

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Joke thread - full stop.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.07:44   #47-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Keates made some bizarre selection decisions today. What's frustrating sometimes for the fans is, the wall of silence at times. No real news out of the club before or after games. For all we know Akil could be carrying a knock. Or maybe Coddington was always the plan, but the lad who played Tuesday was signed afterwards too as a useful stopgap before Coddington was ready to actually come and play for us. Who knows. We never hear anything. After matches we just get cliches out of Keates.
We go again next game, etc.

But I think the rot that has set in at the club goes way, way beyond the sole reason being the arguable inadequacies of Wilkin, Mills, Keates.

They can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

There's no spending power here guys.

We will never challenge for promotion, ever, if we don't speculate to accumulate.

All we will ever have, even if Mourinho was running the team, is a mid table conference (NL) team, as there's no money.

We are profitable, sustainable, it's our club, it can never die.

But football wise it's going nowhere, it never can, and never will.
Mismanagement has got us to where we are now, not supporting the CoE and the rubbish excuses to try and justify it. Young lads will hang around if they cam see a route to the first team, it's that bloody simple! Makes my blood boil knowing we now have local WPL clubs with better academies, Chester do also and are bloody part time!

A couple of years back we signed a number of lads from Gap Connahs Quay at a few different age grades, how did we miss out on so many of them in the first place? How many more have slipped the net? Things have meant to have been improved in this area recently so we will see.

Also watching Mills come in and cause further damage when it was clear to a few of us after the dreadful Christmas fixtures during his first season he wasn't cutting the mustard, the goings on started to come out of the wood work then and still he was kept on for another season!

Last edited by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo; 16th September 2017 at 21.10:17..
Old 16th September 2017, 21.12:45   #48-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
I said we might have to see this season out under Keates and as painful as it may sound see where we are this time next season.
We need to give a manager a decent chance at some point and let him try to build a team. Sacking Keates now would take us back to the drawing board completely in my opinion. If at Christmas we are bottom half in the league then that should trigger a rethink. Otherwise we see this season out and surely to god he'll have learnt valuable lessons and will act accordingly.

Saying that he needs to inject something into this team otherwise he's just digging his own grave. Fans won't keep coming back for the dullfest currently on offer. It'll turn sour.
With respect Phil we've had 4 seasons of mid table dog muck as it is and we can't just be prepared to see a season out. No matter who is in charge or whether it's their first or 5th season in charge, our goal has got to be promotion. We cannot keep accepting mid table. We have got to become winners. Luton. Bristol Rovers. Nothing less than 3 points can be acceptable.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.14:20   #49-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshian View Post
This is what kills me. I've got no problem with keates on 18 months to prove his worth, but to offer such a ridiculous contract to a guy still in his managerial nappies was a huge mistake. Now we are stuck with this woeful football.
The deal has many benefits job security is good for anyone as long as targets are met. The clubs in a right mess and the board stood by and watched on or caused much of it themselves, whether you think Keates is up to it or not he has a hell of a task in just turning things around so such a long deal is needed. The deal is mutually beneficial we were told when it was signed.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.17:37   #50-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggityGiggityGiggityGoo View Post
Mismanagement has got us to where we are now, not supporting the CoE and the rubbish excuses to try and justify it. Young lads will hang around if they cam see a route to the first team, it's that bloody simple! Makes my blood boil knowing we now have local WPL clubs with better academies, Chester do also and are bloody part time!

A couple of years back we signed a number of lads from Gap Connahs Quay at a few different age grades, how did we miss out on so many of them in the first place? How many more have slipped the net? Things have meant to have been improved in this area recently so we will see.

Also watching Mills come in and cause further damage when it was clear to a few of us after the dreadful Christmas fixtures during his first season he wasn't cutting the mustard, the goings on started to come out of the wood work then and still he was kept on for another season!
True. Is it me or do we not actually hear much about our youth set up these days anyway? It's almost like CQNomads have a better set up than us these days.
We still aren't bringing many through to our 1st team ourselves are we.
And yep, too much cronyism was going on with Mills at that point. He seemed to have our board in the palm of his non-drinking hand.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.23:30   #51-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: yale stand

I think Keats is doing a decent job to be fair.but this great football club.will never progress.without a big money backer.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.26:15   #52-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
True. Is it me or do we not actually hear much about our youth set up these days anyway? It's almost like CQNomads have a better set up than us these days.
We still aren't bringing many through to our 1st team ourselves are we.
And yep, too much cronyism was going on with Mills at that point. He seemed to have our board in the palm of his non-drinking hand.
We used to have a vast number of lads playing for the Welsh youth teams far more than most clubs, what's concerning is WPL academy lads are on the fringes or getting into those squads, particularly at the younger ages when wales has a north and South team. Gap Connahs Quay had a lad in the North Wales team who put 5 past a Man Utd team they played, he impressed so much they took him on. Okay, we may not have kept hold of him if he was playing for us, but what concerns me is were frequently missing out on many of the finest talents in North Wales to WPL clubs.
Old 16th September 2017, 21.31:29   #53-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Hugely premature to make these sort of decisions in my opinion.

Most managers, at any level, when they have a new team try and instill a defensive solidity first and foremost. Once this is established they move onto sorting out the attack. Ultimately the football might not be the most entertaining but we are two points off the top with an excellent defensive record. As a work in progress (part of a 2/3 year plan) after the first quarter of the season surely we have to be happy with that?

As for today, with our well documented attacking issues, and the organisation (not to mention niggly timewasting tactics) Paul Cox is instilling at Guiseley the game was always going to turn out as it did. I'm not defending the line up but as fans we aren't privy to all the discussions and decisions that are made over the weekend before a game based on training scouting and other factors. It's easy to day this player or that player should have played or we should be using X formation but thats always a very simplistic view of things without taking into account all factors.

Frustration is one thing but it's just not the time for kneejerk reactions
Old 16th September 2017, 21.37:56   #54-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

I often think we deserve to be where we are when we have threads calling for the manager's head when we're 2 points off the top spot and unbeaten in 6 games.

Thankfully, the majority have dismissed this thread but if you listen to Keates, he says it's not good enough so it's all eyes on him to improve it.

It's no surprising that we're a defensively savy team when our best players are our centre backs and central midfielder.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 12.39:32.