RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

Bryn Tirion 17th September 2017 08.06:11

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

[QUOTE=pagl;2071715]What difference does it make to you given your not watching it anyway.[/QUOTE]

It matters because that's why I'm not watching it at the moment.

dixienormous 17th September 2017 09.24:03

[QUOTE=standingroomonly2;2071680]Not sure how wedgebury is being included as one of our better players. He is a big part of the problem. Slow, passing is generally poor or slow in seeing the opportunity to bring others into play. Often panics and hoists the ball high. He's yet to convince me that he's a good signing
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

Eh? Wedgebury has been outstanding, he just needs a better midfield around him.

John Neals Dynasty 17th September 2017 09.32:54

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2071764]Eh? Wedgebury has been outstanding, he just needs a better midfield around him.[/QUOTE]

Outstanding 😂 only Manny Pearson & Dibble have been outstanding in my opinion, I agree with SRO post I think the goal he scored yesterday has put a shine on him he simply can't pass the ball a few yards, I would call him average at best, but that's what the forum is about opinions.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

willyheckerslike 17th September 2017 09.38:54

Keates is a manager that is capable of setting up a team not to lose, but clearly struggles with setting up a team to win games.

moldroadred 17th September 2017 09.52:11

[QUOTE=dixienormous;2071764]Eh? Wedgebury has been outstanding, he just needs a better midfield around him.[/QUOTE]

I expected better if I'm honest. Average at best.

Corner Flag 17th September 2017 10.01:06

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2071719]Is it a coincidence that most people who aren't fully supportive of Keates can't spell his name?[/QUOTE]

I kan :jester:

Congy Red 17th September 2017 10.02:00

Keates is certainly man to take us forward.

I can see what Keates was trying to do yesterday. He brought Carrington back because he is a better passer than Wright, and he expected a tight game where guile .rather than brute force would be the deciding factor for us. I think it was a mistake, but credit to him for trying to increase our creativity.

The same argument goes for why Boden started with Holroyd, more guile, better ball retention than the youngsters. The plan was not successful because we never got up to support the front men. The front men failed to hold up the ball, and Carrington isn't the quickest joining in.

I give Keates great credit for trying Kelly in an advanced central position, sadly he needed better passing options than he could see in front of him.

I am very impressed that Keates has stuck to his guns for 10 games, but is now willing to explore other avenues. He's shown maturity in my opinion.

blackbrookred 17th September 2017 10.16:02

[QUOTE=John Neals Dynasty;2071766]Outstanding 😂 only Manny Pearson & Dibble have been outstanding in my opinion, I agree with SRO post I think the goal he scored yesterday has put a shine on him he simply can't pass the ball a few yards, I would call him average at best, but that's what the forum is about opinions.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]
Manny and Pearson are the biggest problem we have. I read it in a coaching manual somewhere......
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Captain Dread 17th September 2017 10.38:53

I like Wedgebury so far. Seems like a decent, solid player who tries, within this negative setup, to make things happen. Always seems fired up and I think sometimes he tries a bit too hard to force things and gets it wrong. But for me he's easily one of our better players and hopefully has more to come. (Hope I haven't just ended his career with that ringing endorsement).

Old Paddock Man 17th September 2017 10.47:42

[QUOTE=Birdy;2071629]You can say give him more time you will be here in 3 years time saying the same thing. If you can't see the fact that Keates cannot get the team to play to the right tactics and the of play and to bring in the correct players now then you never will. Its just blind faith and optimism. I said the same thing about Mills in the early days and got laughed at but was right then and I'm right again now. There is nothing to indicate anything will change just blind hope and optimism which is best not to be relied on. Of course we can look for another manager if the current one is not up to the job. You don't stick with a failing manager just because the last one was a failiure too.[/QUOTE]

Most managers fail. Ultimately. Everywhere. Even after being successful at one time or another so, to be honest, saying "I told you so" about a manager carries about as much weight as asserting that it will rain before too long. Even when the suns shining. Cos it will.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.19:53.