RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Keates isn't the man to take us forward. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110440-keates-isnt-man-take-us-forward.html)

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 05.27:55

Re: Keates isn't the man to take us forward.

Should Utd have sacked Mourinho last season ? We are all (those of us that went) disappointed with yesterday but this is ridiculous and cheap shots at the board a joke. When we win players contracts are not long enough - when we fail to win the managers too long.

Alan Attack 17th September 2017 06.20:45

Is it a coincidence that most people who aren't fully supportive of Keates can't spell his name?

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 06.25:20

[QUOTE=Phils-an-alki;2071595]I said we might have to see this season out under Keates and as painful as it may sound see where we are this time next season.
We need to give a manager a decent chance at some point and let him try to build a team. Sacking Keates now would take us back to the drawing board completely in my opinion. If at Christmas we are bottom half in the league then that should trigger a rethink. Otherwise we see this season out and surely to god he'll have learnt valuable lessons and will act accordingly.

Saying that he needs to inject something into this team otherwise he's just digging his own grave. Fans won't keep coming back for the dullfest currently on offer. It'll turn sour.[/QUOTE]

Wise words and I would like to suggest a look back - twelve months ago I and 400 other hardly souls were at Macclesfield to watch one of the most gutless and embarrassing performances in 40 years by a Wrexham side. Those who say no better than under mills are talking rubbish. This side may not know how to win but they are nearly all trying at least and either via tactics or recruitment i fervently hope it will get better. I have been bored this season but never as despondent as I felt driving home on September 13th last year.

Alan Attack 17th September 2017 06.29:36

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2071720]Wise words and I would like to suggest a look back - twelve months ago I and 400 other hardly souls were at Macclesfield to watch one of the most gutless and embarrassing performances in 40 years by a Wrexham side. Those who say no better than under mills are talking rubbish. This side may not know how to win but they are nearly all trying at least and either via tactics or recruitment i fervently hope it will get better. I have been bored this season but never as despondent as I felt driving home on September 13th last year.[/QUOTE]

You need to start a thread titled "Reality Check"!

TomWFC 17th September 2017 07.08:20

Although I don't believe now is the time to make changes, I think the OP has made some very valid points. For those defending Keates so vehemently, answer these:

Within our style of attacking play, what has given you hope that things will get better?

How can yesterday's team selection be explained? Two defensive midfielders (one of those a better full-back) at home against the side bottom of the league? And then those substitutions?

We've seen turgid attacking football all season, so why hasn't it been identified and rectified sooner? The signing of Reid might have helped, but our tactics certainly haven't.

Why are our tactics like they are currently? Surely there should be a balance between being defensively solid and being able to at least attack and create some decent chances?

Why do we struggle to string 5 passes together? Why is it so difficult for us to keep possession, show good first touch, pass with some tempo and stretch teams' defence? This isn't asking much because other teams in this league manage it, so why not us?

Why does every attacking set-piece predictably end up being so non-threatning?

How long do we go with the line "We're gelling & haven't clicked yet"?

If people are convinced we'll start playing excellent attacking play, create chances and give teams a beating what evidence thus far has even remotely suggested this?

Plenty of questions, and seemingly a hell of a lot of work to do. Is our current management team capable?

moynkeepthefaith 17th September 2017 07.20:41

[QUOTE=TomWFC;2071726]Although I don't believe now is the time to make changes, I think the OP has made some very valid points. For those defending Keates so vehemently, answer these:

Within our style of attacking play, what has given you hope that things will get better?

How can yesterday's team selection be explained? Two defensive midfielders (one of those a better full-back) at home against the side bottom of the league? And then those substitutions?

We've seen turgid attacking football all season, so why hasn't it been identified and rectified sooner? The signing of Reid might have helped, but our tactics certainly haven't.

Why are our tactics like they are currently? Surely there should be a balance between being defensively solid and being able to at least attack and create some decent chances?

Why do we struggle to string 5 passes together? Why is it so difficult for us to keep possession, show good first touch, pass with some tempo and stretch teams' defence? This isn't asking much because other teams in this league manage it, so why not us?

Why does every attacking set-piece predictably end up being so non-threatning?

How long do we go with the line "We're gelling & haven't clicked yet"?

If people are convinced we'll start playing excellent attacking play, create chances and give teams a beating what evidence thus far has even remotely suggested this?

Plenty of questions, and seemingly a hell of a lot of work to do. Is our current management team capable?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you ask a lot of definitive questions seeking the same answers and that is simply not possible. Either we accept that this is work in progress or we do not - that is your prerogative. I believe DK and team need/deserve more time but I can't promise what you ask - nobody can.

sparky 17th September 2017 07.22:33

[QUOTE=pagl;2071715]What difference does it make to you given your not watching it anyway.[/QUOTE]

So he isn't allowed an opinion? What a stupid comment.

redavid 17th September 2017 08.01:12

[QUOTE=riccardo;2071594]Jesus wept. Win 3 in a row and we're going up. Draw 3 in a row and we're calling for the manager to be sacked. Bit of perspective and patience required.[/QUOTE]

Your right , but the fact remains he is playing to defensive , playing Wedgy and Carrington in midfield , at home to a bottom 4 club proves it , if he did that away at the top team fair enough ,This will be our Nemesis , Just watched Louise Moult score 2for Motherwell ! its painful :(

Bryn Tirion 17th September 2017 08.06:11

[QUOTE=pagl;2071715]What difference does it make to you given your not watching it anyway.[/QUOTE]

It matters because that's why I'm not watching it at the moment.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 17.21:36.