Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th September 2017, 13.16:53   #55-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand
Twitter: @

Default Re: Tonights WST Members Meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
What is actually wrong with Dunne? I know Dibble has had an op for an ingrowing hair in his back.

Also Preston must have had his confidence hit by getting Coddington in on loan to take his place.
Posted via mobile theme

Preston is on non - contract terms so I suppose someone could come in last minute and offer him a contract. Therefore Coddington on a months loan gives us more assurance - just a guess . Also with our luck if he was only gk he would get injured too.
Old 20th September 2017, 13.17:46   #56-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
It seems like stating the obvious but something some fans seem to have missed is that there is no suggestion that this is it for the next 35 league games. The idea that you don't overload Conference players with too much at once, work on not losing and then develop a plan for winning isn't that radical. So far we've watched slight variations on the same game 11 times and if that happens 46 times then we'll have cause for complaint. The management team have visibly got a fair bit wrong but nobody within it strikes me as deluded enough to think that we're in the place we need to be and "we go again" or, worst of all, "we just need to gel".
Posted via mobile theme
A voice of reason among a quagmire of moaners.
Old 20th September 2017, 15.28:38   #57-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Shabadoo View Post
It seems like stating the obvious but something some fans seem to have missed is that there is no suggestion that this is it for the next 35 league games. The idea that you don't overload Conference players with too much at once, work on not losing and then develop a plan for winning isn't that radical. So far we've watched slight variations on the same game 11 times and if that happens 46 times then we'll have cause for complaint. The management team have visibly got a fair bit wrong but nobody within it strikes me as deluded enough to think that we're in the place we need to be and "we go again" or, worst of all, "we just need to gel".
Posted via mobile theme
Lots of fans on here have stated their hope that the team will Improve so not sure where your opening comment has come from. Fans main gripe is that we're not seeing any progress and I'm sure you understand that after a full preseason and now we're 11 games in we should by now be seeing some glimmers of hope in terms of creativity.

That may yet come but those lauding CD as some sort of genius coach may want to hang fire with that for now. That's based on witnessing the aimless hacking forward that we've all seen recently.

Personally I believe it's all going wrong in midfield in both the players being picked and the instructions given.
Old 20th September 2017, 15.52:05   #58-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
To be honest Coddington, Dibble and probably Preston are better keepers than Dunn.
Hmmm not sure I agree I like Dunn
Old 20th September 2017, 16.08:10   #59-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
Lots of fans on here have stated their hope that the team will Improve so not sure where your opening comment has come from. Fans main gripe is that we're not seeing any progress and I'm sure you understand that after a full preseason and now we're 11 games in we should by now be seeing some glimmers of hope in terms of creativity.

That may yet come but those lauding CD as some sort of genius coach may want to hang fire with that for now. That's based on witnessing the aimless hacking forward that we've all seen recently.

Personally I believe it's all going wrong in midfield in both the players being picked and the instructions given.
You answered your own question about where my comment has come from; we've had our first "Keates is not the man to take us forward" thread, and the general atmosphere is one of disappointment. Yet we're involved at the right end, unbeaten in six and the eleven games you quote as showing no progress are just that - eleven games is not a barometer of where we'll be. Any look at our most successful seasons will show that. That doesn't mean everything works but it isn't fixed in place for the season and requires some measure along with the justifiable criticism of attacking play.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 20th September 2017, 16.38:30   #60-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Wasn't at the meeting. Anything interesting asked or stated in the WST business part of the meeting? How many members turned up?
Old 20th September 2017, 16.59:13   #61-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafc1926 View Post
Wasn't at the meeting. Anything interesting asked or stated in the WST business part of the meeting? How many members turned up?
Concerts made plenty of money "6 figures plus" and aiming to do the same next summer. Possible that gig headliners will be announced in December. The club hope that they can get the gigs on a bit earlier to allow time for a home pre season friendly.

Plans for the 2nd wheelchair viewing platform to be looked at by the WST board in this weeks meeting.

Spencer and Gavin (I think) to make a presentation to the WAG in the first week of October. Club are excited about possibilities (as are WCBC) but of course getting it funded is the problem.

In talks with a potential sponsor for the MRS.

Build the Budget made a "massive difference" in getting players - two year contracts for the entire back 4 cited.

There is still money in the playing budget.
Old 20th September 2017, 17.31:16   #62-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexhamO View Post
Concerts made plenty of money "6 figures plus" and aiming to do the same next summer. Possible that gig headliners will be announced in December. The club hope that they can get the gigs on a bit earlier to allow time for a home pre season friendly.

Plans for the 2nd wheelchair viewing platform to be looked at by the WST board in this weeks meeting.

Spencer and Gavin (I think) to make a presentation to the WAG in the first week of October. Club are excited about possibilities (as are WCBC) but of course getting it funded is the problem.

In talks with a potential sponsor for the MRS.

Build the Budget made a "massive difference" in getting players - two year contracts for the entire back 4 cited.

There is still money in the playing budget.
Great update thx
Old 20th September 2017, 18.01:09   #63-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redted View Post
Carl Darlington explained how we have a general ethos about how we play in possession, but that we have to setup up to play the specific styles of the opposition. That was why Wright didn't play on Saturday. He also said that they had been concentrating on the defence and that is emphasized by the two year deals given to the defensive players. He said that they will then move on to concentrate in more detail to the attacking style of play. He also said that they have video and statistical analysis of home games as they are being played and that they go through the videos of the first half with the team at half time. he also has radio contact with the bench whilst being positioned in the stand to gain a different view of the game. The guy came across very professionally and has really given me confidence that we have a real plan and that in time success will follow.
There is definitely a general ethos about how we play in possession. Its the 'hoof it quick before we lose it' ethos.
Posted via mobile theme
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.33:57.