RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Danny Ward (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110457-danny-ward.html)

Glasgow Red 19th September 2017 22.09:57

Danny Ward

I see Danny Ward started for Liverpool tonight, did anyone watch it, how did he play?
If he plays over 50 games for them we are squids in fingers crossed.

Bryn Tirion 19th September 2017 22.19:12

Re: Danny Ward

[QUOTE=Glasgow Red;2072567]I see Danny Ward started for Liverpool tonight, did anyone watch it, how did he play?
If he plays over 50 games for them we are squids in fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

He was the nominated keeper for Liverpool for that cup competition this season but they lost 2-0 so that`s the end of that.

Got to hope that he gets some league games now but he is definitely third in the pecking order.

clloyd 20th September 2017 05.57:06

[QUOTE=Bryn Tirion;2072571]He was the nominated keeper for Liverpool for that cup competition this season but they lost 2-0 so that`s the end of that.

Got to hope that he gets some league games now but he is definitely third in the pecking order.[/QUOTE]

From what I have seen of him he looks a better prospect than Karius & Mignolet isn't grey, so give it 12 months and I think he could be getting serious game time.

Red Light 20th September 2017 06.38:22

He's playing catch up and was out with a back injury missing pre season - so he might be third in the pecking order but now he has regained fitness should progress - being eliminated from the EFL wont help his situation and deny him further game time and potential exposure to express himself to Klopp.

blackbrookred 20th September 2017 06.49:56

He did fine. Quick off his line to deal with through balls when needed and actually showed confidence in collecting the high ball unlike the other 2. Beaten by a deflection and a worldie.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

jackwilliams 20th September 2017 08.09:15

I thought he looked very calm and his kicking was very controlled, finding his man as well as clearing the ball. He looks a really good prospect!

michaelps 22nd September 2017 11.39:34

He is 3rd choice at the moment but I really don't think there is much at all between Mignollet, Karius and Ward either in terms of ability or in Klopp's mind at the moment. If he got a couple of games and did OK the other two aren't so good he couldn't get a run of matches.

smotyns 22nd September 2017 12.14:16

I hope for Danny's sake that as Liverpool are out of the Carabo cup he is allowed to go out on loan. He needs to be playing competitive football and as current 3rd choice won't get that. Plus he'd probably be a nervous wreck playing behind the current Liverpool back 4.

andywrex90 22nd September 2017 12.24:32

[QUOTE=blackbrookred;2072592]He did fine. Quick off his line to deal with through balls when needed and actually showed confidence in collecting the high ball unlike the other 2. Beaten by a deflection and a worldie.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

agree with this.. and made 1 quality stop tipping it around the post

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.35:27.