RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Holman on loan to Borehamwood - Missed Opportunity... (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110472-holman-loan-borehamwood-missed-opportunity.html)

TomWAFC 22nd September 2017 22.13:25

Holman on loan to Borehamwood - Missed Opportunity...

On a 93 day loan, pretty gutted we have missed out here.

standingroomonly2 22nd September 2017 22.33:46

Re: Holman on loan to Borehamwood - Missed Opportunity...

He is a finisher. We don't create chances to finish.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Old Paddock Man 22nd September 2017 22.37:01

We need a big target man. And that's who we are probably looking for. Not another light weight.

ABd 22nd September 2017 22.53:03

Which way is he facing this year?

pagl 22nd September 2017 23.35:06

We don't need a Holman we need a Danny wright

Red Light 22nd September 2017 23.44:10

Different manager I know but after the way he was treated the last time he was here (starved of match time) would he want to return ?
Looking at the distances and travelling time assuming he lives in the Cheltenham area there's little difference between us and Boreham Wood.
I sometimes wonder if the massive overhaul of players in the last few years goes against us too.
Additionally I think Cheltenham have brought in a couple if not more of young more mobile pacey forwards so perhaps this is the first step towards the exit door - but is he what we need at the moment ? I feel we need something different - Gimme Toure, big, athletic, pacey BUT with the ability to hold the ball up, pitch a few goals in and make goals for others - I have big hopes for Holroyd as he is our only real hope at the moment - Massanka and Reid are not physical and nasty enough - Boden has a delightful first touch but lacks any strength against big National League centre halves - perhaps not him but a Jon Parkin type who can rough it up and unsettle defenders - something different to our current forwards who, with the exception of a ring rusty Holroyd look like they have been made in the same factory mould as regards style of play.

Back of the Kop 23rd September 2017 08.28:36

Matt Rhead fits the bill perfectly.

Big, nasty, horrible to defend against, holds the ball up and chips in with a few goals.

What we wouldn't give for him right now

davewilli 23rd September 2017 09.02:21

[QUOTE=Back of the Kop;2073215]Matt Rhead fits the bill perfectly.

Big, nasty, horrible to defend against, holds the ball up and chips in with a few goals.

What we wouldn't give for him right now[/QUOTE]

Personally I wouldn't want him unless we found a way to play decent football. RP posters have caught on to the phrase 'hoofball' to describe Wxm's style, but put Rhead up top and then I reckon we would see more long balls for Rhead to scrap for and some ugly tactics. I would rather have a Danny Wright or even a Connor Jennings alongside a goal scorer.

krux 23rd September 2017 09.40:54

[QUOTE=davewilli;2073221]Personally I wouldn't want him unless we found a way to play decent football. RP posters have caught on to the phrase 'hoofball' to describe Wxm's style, but put Rhead up top and then I reckon we would see more long balls for Rhead to scrap for and some ugly tactics. I would rather have a Danny Wright or even a Connor Jennings alongside a goal scorer.[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with hoofball if it wins us games, and when you have a striker who cam get hold of it more often than not, like Rhead, then what's not to like?
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 07.07:52.