Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24th September 2017, 08.36:30   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Default Re: Keates is the man to take us forward

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but Huddersfield got promoted to the Premiership with a -2GD. I heard on MOTD that they'd had 4 clean sheets in 6 so far. If this approach is good enough for Hudds then surely it's good enough for us.
Old 24th September 2017, 08.50:51   #29-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanseared View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this, but Huddersfield got promoted to the Premiership with a -2GD. I heard on MOTD that they'd had 4 clean sheets in 6 so far. If this approach is good enough for Hudds then surely it's good enough for us.
I think the goal they scored in the play off final was the first oak from open play they'd scored for quite a while.
Old 24th September 2017, 09.44:08   #30-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: eric roberts stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
I think the goal they scored in the play off final was the first oak from open play they'd scored for quite a while.
Our defense looks as solid as oak so looking good
Old 24th September 2017, 09.55:55   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: Exec box

Add just one key player.. an attack minded central midfielder and I really could see us winning this league. Without that link to our choice of forwards the team will continue to be disjointed in attack. That aside we all must be delighted with yesterdays result and where we stand in the table ahead of a home game against the leaders.
Old 24th September 2017, 10.03:38   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardrd View Post
Add just one key player.. an attack minded central midfielder and I really could see us winning this league. Without that link to our choice of forwards the team will continue to be disjointed in attack. That aside we all must be delighted with yesterdays result and where we stand in the table ahead of a home game against the leaders.
Another chance to go top of the league at home.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 24th September 2017, 10.14:06   #33-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

I can't deal with the fact we probably have a sniff at going up this year, I can't go through the pain of losing it again.
Old 24th September 2017, 12.01:36   #34-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixienormous View Post
I can't deal with the fact we probably have a sniff at going up this year, I can't go through the pain of losing it again.
Keep the faith Dixie - this rollercoaster just made it round the first loop
Old 24th September 2017, 12.08:16   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Quote:
Try not to think about it.
Old 24th September 2017, 12.13:52   #36-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Haha, we all feel that way. It would be a hell if we got close but didn't make it.

But he have to quietly hope!

Things are gelling on the pitch, with the best defence and keeper in the league (the best 4 keepers!)....best defensive midfield....and the makings of a good attack, if we can just find the right combination or that key attacking midfielder to get better service into the box.

Without delighting many people so far, we are handily positioned, I'd have took '1 point off top' (after 12 games) if I had been offered it before the season started.

This really is the season to do it. Next season could see FGR back down here or another big gun like Port Vale etc. Salford could be coming up, with their money.

At the moment Orient are the biggest threat imho. Tranmere look like they're going to have 'one of those seasons' (something we had ourselves a few times after just missing out, it does happen).

Looking again at the reaction of the players on Twitter, they really appreciated the 12th man in the away end yesterday, helping them over the line. If we can defuse the tension that sometimes builds at home, we could see that Away feel good factor at Home games, with the ground bouncing. We need a bit of luck at home I feel....an early goal next Saturday and we will raise the roof. If we don't get that early goal, let's do our best to get behind the lads anyway, it really does help.

COYR.

Last edited by WrexSi; 24th September 2017 at 12.15:58..

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.38:06.