Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th September 2017, 20.22:34   #10-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Jon Nolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
Its another example of bringing in a player on loan to improve the team and then leave them on the bench.
If they improve the team then get them in it.
I don't think he was fully fit when he came hence it took a few games to get going. I rated him even though he didn't really show it for us as he had something about him.
Old 25th September 2017, 20.27:16   #11-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Wasn't there some fitness issues and then when it came time for his loan to expire we didn't have the money to sign him and he went to Grimsby? He definitely started to look decent after an indifferent start. Definitely our loss and someone else's gain.

As for Moke he's a flatters to deceive player. When you really think about it what did he do that was actually good? Zero end product. The only productive play he ever did was sometimes pass the ball sideways to Vose.
We might have not had the money because Mills lined up Heslop to replace him. Then another six months later replaced him with Barry. Anybody might think he wasn't much cop at planning.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 25th September 2017, 21.45:52   #12-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: behind the goal

Iwould have Dom Vose back in a second he was a very good player.
Old 26th September 2017, 08.09:11   #13-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

We're certainly missing a player like him this season. He was derided by most Lincoln fans but he was excellent when he was here and played a big part in our promotion and was gutted to see him leave, but at the time it was a step up to League One when he signed for Chesterfield.

Paul Hurst has a few of our ex-players there at Shrewsbury. As well as Nolan, there's Alex Rodman, Toto Nsiala, Lennel John-Lewis and keeper Dean Henderson (who we had on loan last season).

Whether they can continue their excellent start to the season remains to be seen.

As for Vose, I'm very surprised that he's currently without a club.

Last edited by les.gtfc; 26th September 2017 at 08.11:07..
Old 26th September 2017, 08.14:12   #14-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Having seen him play for Stockport , I was really hopeful when Gary Mills signed Jon Nolan on loan. For some reason , I would love to know why, he was rarely chosen and we let him go. . At the moment he is driving Shrewsbury as they top League 1. This is taken from today's "Times":

"This elegant midfielder"

"Has that rare quality of appearing to have time on the ball"

"Offers a threat when driving forward, but can find and execute a killer pass "

"He has the ability to play in the championship at least"

What happened in those few months around November / December 2015-16 ? We had a a driving force in Moke who fell apart . We signed another driving force in Nolan who rarely played. It would be interesting to know why the train came off the tracks big time.
Totally agree with you, when he played for Stockport he was a stand out and I was chuffed when we signed him.

Shame he was wasted by the useless one.
Old 26th September 2017, 08.16:00   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieman View Post
The shrews have shaun whalley too he was good imo when here it was another strange one releasing him.
Attitude problems at the time I think, which may well be behind him now
Old 26th September 2017, 08.35:44   #16-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Nolan is exactly what we need now but that's water under the bridge.

Vose doesn't have a club - surely worth an offer of training/trial/a chance for him to prove his worth?
Old 26th September 2017, 09.09:29   #17-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo View Post
Attitude problems at the time I think, which may well be behind him now
Wasn't he involved in some unpleasantness at Luton? Which was why he ended up at Telford. Would have been worth a punt then. I always liked him, one of the few decent signings Little made
Old 26th September 2017, 09.20:19   #18-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishRed View Post
Wasn't there some fitness issues and then when it came time for his loan to expire we didn't have the money to sign him and he went to Grimsby? He definitely started to look decent after an indifferent start. Definitely our loss and someone else's gain.

As for Moke he's a flatters to deceive player. When you really think about it what did he do that was actually good? Zero end product. The only productive play he ever did was sometimes pass the ball sideways to Vose.
Got to disagree with that.When Moke played as a holding midfielder,in the first few months of that season,he was excellent.Loads of energy,broke up the play well,kept the ball well and used the ball well."End product" wasn't much of an issue in that role.Why his form dipped,and why he was never really given a chance again afterwards,who knows! (although his previous mental health issues were well documented).Maybe another great piece of Mills man-management?,who knows!.

Last edited by dlrwrexham; 26th September 2017 at 09.22:34..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 23.54:43.