RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Jon Nolan (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110497-jon-nolan.html)

Foxy 25th September 2017 19.20:20

Jon Nolan

Having seen him play for Stockport , I was really hopeful when Gary Mills signed Jon Nolan on loan. For some reason , I would love to know why, he was rarely chosen and we let him go. . At the moment he is driving Shrewsbury as they top League 1. This is taken from today's "Times":

"This elegant midfielder"

"Has that rare quality of appearing to have time on the ball"

"Offers a threat when driving forward, but can find and execute a killer pass "

"He has the ability to play in the championship at least"

What happened in those few months around November / December 2015-16 ? We had a a driving force in Moke who fell apart . We signed another driving force in Nolan who rarely played. It would be interesting to know why the train came off the tracks big time.

Hometown Unicorn 25th September 2017 19.23:20

Re: Jon Nolan

Nolan probably wanted to train on a regular basis and Mills didn't take kindly to that attitude.

John Neals Dynasty 25th September 2017 19.23:36

[QUOTE=Foxy;2074082]Having seen him play for Stockport , I was really hopeful when Gary Mills signed Jon Nolan on loan. For some reason , I would love to know why, he was rarely chosen and we let him go. . At the moment he is driving Shrewsbury as they top League 1. This is taken from today's "Times":

What happened in those few months around November / December 2015-16 ? We had a a driving force in Moke who fell apart . We signed another driving force in Nolan who rarely played. It would be interesting to know why the train came off the tracks big time.[/QUOTE

I think it was the Fat controllers fault it went tits up when the pistons seized up on Thomas the tank.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

EnglishRed 25th September 2017 19.36:17

Wasn't there some fitness issues and then when it came time for his loan to expire we didn't have the money to sign him and he went to Grimsby? He definitely started to look decent after an indifferent start. Definitely our loss and someone else's gain.

As for Moke he's a flatters to deceive player. When you really think about it what did he do that was actually good? Zero end product. The only productive play he ever did was sometimes pass the ball sideways to Vose.

dixienormous 25th September 2017 19.36:42

Great player.

Bigmike 25th September 2017 19.54:01

[QUOTE=owain94;2074083]Nolan probably wanted to train on a regular basis and Mills didn't take kindly to that attitude.[/QUOTE]

nice one made me chuckle

Pieman 25th September 2017 20.03:45

The shrews have shaun whalley too he was good imo when here it was another strange one releasing him. Nolan was class why the hell we didnt try and sign him permanently is another mystery

jonesfach 25th September 2017 20.05:33

[QUOTE=Foxy;2074082]Having seen him play for Stockport , I was really hopeful when Gary Mills signed Jon Nolan on loan. For some reason , I would love to know why, he was rarely chosen and we let him go. . At the moment he is driving Shrewsbury as they top League 1. This is taken from today's "Times":

What happened in those few months around November / December 2015-16 ? We had a a driving force in Moke who fell apart . We signed another driving force in Nolan who rarely played. It would be interesting to know why the train came off the tracks big time.[/QUOTE]

He got into the team, didn't set the world alight until about the 3 rd game then did his hamstring and struggled to get into the team again. If he was fully fit I think we would have seen better from him one of those wrong place wrong time signings.

pagl 25th September 2017 20.19:42

Its another example of bringing in a player on loan to improve the team and then leave them on the bench.
If they improve the team then get them in it.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 04.28:39.