Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 2nd October 2017, 09.41:53   #253-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton reaction thread

I thought we played well against an organised team who looked confident. Seasons previous we would lose a game like that. Its very harsh blaming players for not scoring but Tumba has to do better with the chances he had if he wants a career in football. Hes 5 leagues below his own first team so no excuses really. Were still gelling though and very hard to beat.
Old 2nd October 2017, 09.43:25   #254-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Haven't read the earlier posts and wasn't at Saturday's game. My mate on the terrace thought that Mackreth could have been allowed to cross the ball with two Wrexham attackers lurking in the visitors' penalty area. Keates however, instructed him to take the ball to the corner flag where he duly lost it. Sutton then apparently broke away and scored their superb equaliser. If this is true then Wrexham need to be braver and bolder with a view to crushing the opposition. On the credit side, only 7 goals conceded in the context of no less than four goalkeepers having to be used so early in the season. I would now sign Jordan Archer, 6'3'' striker from Stourbridge before league clubs come in for him. He certainly looks the part.
Archer has been in on trial with us.
Old 2nd October 2017, 10.16:49   #255-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo to Wrexham View Post
Keates claimed poor reffing as he stated the corner should have been given not a goal kick. Ultimateley it shouldn't have mattered, if we had taken our chances, we would have been out of sight. If he had crossed the ball and the keeper claimed it and distributed well we would have been on the backfoot, and fans would have criticised him for that. The point I am making is that Mackreth was in a no one situation as the fans would have been saying he should have kept it in the corner, if he had crossed the ball.
I thought Macreth looked very sluggish when he got the ball in that situation.

and yes, he should have taken it on and had a go or passed it to an attacker. it was too early to be wasting time in the corner at that point.
Old 2nd October 2017, 11.50:48   #256-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigal Dragon View Post
How did Carrington play?
We all knew that we would not win the game when Carrington's name was on the team sheet. In the first half he looked like a schoolboy, running around but not knowing what to do. He made a couple of good tackles in the second half, but when he plays it's like playing with 10-men. Rooney makes Everton worse and Carrington makes us worse. God know why Keates keeps playing him.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.08:25   #257-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
We all knew that we would not win the game when Carrington's name was on the team sheet. In the first half he looked like a schoolboy, running around but not knowing what to do. He made a couple of good tackles in the second half, but when he plays it's like playing with 10-men. Rooney makes Everton worse and Carrington makes us worse. God know why Keates keeps playing him.
Bollocks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.11:06   #258-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
O think he did alright personally. There was a guy sat in front of me who slagged Carrington off the whole game, even when he was sold hospital balls he was still the person to blame. I struggle so see why some people hate him so much.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.35:07   #259-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Football is all about opinions. I always respect the opinions of others even if I completely disagree with that opinion. I completely disagree with the above. Carrington is not a great player but he is a decent player. He is adaptable: a good fullback right or left. He does a decent job as a holding mid field player. As a holding midfield player he works really hard and always competes for the ball. When he has the ball he rarely gives it away. He has the intelligence to pass the ball back or square if a forward pass is not on rather than lumping it forward and giving away possession. He is constantly talking and organising others. He does have the ability to knock decent long passes ie Saturday he hit an excellent left to right 40 yard pass delivered to Rutherford ( I think.) He tackles when it is safe to do so and there is a good chance to win the ball. He does not dive into tackles but holds up play by jockeying because that is his job as a holding mid field player. If the opponent gets past him the centre backs are in trouble. As I say he is not a great player but I am happy that we have him in the squad.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.41:29   #260-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Carrington had a decent game. The best he's played in midfield in a while.
Old 2nd October 2017, 13.42:11   #261-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugarte007 View Post
Bollocks
Well debated
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 22.12:01.