Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th September 2017, 20.42:12   #10-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton United - who's feeling totally gutted ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
It does! And it needs sorting. But there it is.
This league is up for grabs and we've got to take the chance that we have!
Old 30th September 2017, 20.44:34   #11-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Dover won anyway so we'd have been 2nd if we won.
Old 30th September 2017, 20.47:40   #12-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

I was proper disappointed at the final whistle. One goal was never going to be enough to get the three points, and we fluffed three chances to win it. In the absence of two new star strikers, the team did well against well drilled opponents. I saw a different side to Holroyd that I had not seen before. Good, attacking passes and team work. In fact everyone played well, with perhaps the exception of James Jennings, who faffed around too much.
Putting the result to one side, I saw signs that we are gelling as a team. Sure we are deficient up front, but there seems to be a good team spirit and that is counting for something. Without the new forwards that we were promised, I am amazed that we are sixth, not having lost in the past 8 games. I will settle for that! No one team in this league is setting it alight. That's good for us, if it stays that way and we are still in with a shout, come April. I am actually looking forward to the Halifax game in Tuesday night.
We might feel down now after not clinching the three points today, but really we had our slice of good fortune in beating Tranmere with 10 men. Today was not a disaster, merely a hiccup.
Old 30th September 2017, 20.51:11   #13-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
This league is up for grabs and we've got to take the chance that we have!
Totally agree! Don't get me wrong, the debate over who is our best choice to partner Holroyd is a separate thing from what we all do of course agree on....that ideally 'someone else' is brought in, a proper centre forward, strong in the air, holds the ball up, scores goals, etc. But who? And does our wage structure allow it even if there is someone out there?

My theory a month ago was to try for someone like the lad at Bradford PA, who was banging the goals in. But as a mate of mine put me right on, he is part time. We need to find a pro who is looking for a new club. How can we find someone like that, at this point in the season now? Another good shout was Fosu Mensah at Airbus. I promise you all, he is going to come good, he is another Matthias Pogba. But unfortunately they've just signed him up.

But back to your point....definitely....we will not get a better chance than this, to go up....next season we face more big guns coming down, and the likes of Salford coming up with their millions. It has to be now!

One thing is for sure, Keates knows what he needs. I think we have to have faith that he is doing all he can, and will still be searching. Its like there's a brilliant jigsaw puzzle on a table. We are all standing around it, willing it to be completed. Keates is sat in the chair working on it, and looking for that final piece to complete the picture. Fingers crossed he can.

Last edited by WrexSi; 30th September 2017 at 20.52:39..
Old 30th September 2017, 20.52:24   #14-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: none given

We need to get 2 quality strikers in or we'll have a 'good' season and finish 5th and lose in the play offs
Old 30th September 2017, 20.55:16   #15-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: I wish

I logged on to the Nonleague matters website to get score
Had us winning 1:0 and 2nd in league
Then logged on to this site !
Gutted ... so we didn't win !!!????
Old 30th September 2017, 20.58:36   #16-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Moan Road Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
I logged on to the Nonleague matters website to get score
Had us winning 1:0 and 2nd in league
Then logged on to this site !
Gutted ... so we didn't win !!!????
Gday mate.

No, 90th minute equaliser from Sutton.

Hell of a strike, unstoppable.

They were a very good side tbh.

We played well today, almost all our players sweated blood. The number of times one of our players threw himself in front of the ball to block a chance, was great.

We are just missing a strike partner for Holroyd.

When we sort that, we get more goals.

Goals wins games.

And you need goals to gun your way out of this league.
Old 30th September 2017, 21.02:22   #17-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Gday mate.

No, 90th minute equaliser from Sutton.

Hell of a strike, unstoppable.

They were a very good side tbh.

We played well today, almost all our players sweated blood. The number of times one of our players threw himself in front of the ball to block a chance, was great.

We are just missing a strike partner for Holroyd.

When we sort that, we get more goals.

Goals wins games.

And you need goals to gun your way out of this league.
Bang on
Old 30th September 2017, 21.03:06   #18-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road End

Not at all. Missed opportunity but we roll on to Halifax with our unbeaten run intact.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 20.39:08.