Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30th September 2017, 23.52:51   #28-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Sutton United - who's feeling totally gutted ?

We were organised and worked like a team today. We should have won based on that performance and it hurt when they scored. But the players gave everything and we never looked like losing. There were a lot of positives to take from the match and we even managed to look decent without Sam Wedgbury. Onwards and upwards.
Old 1st October 2017, 00.16:04   #29-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messi View Post
If massanka wasn't on the pitch those chances wouldn't of been created. His contribution in general play was very good I thought, just lacked a finish, which in this game the way it was poised was frustrating. I like this lad he's raw and will come good.
I agree, but if he had composure he'd be playing for Burnley. To be fair, the lad had chances because he created the space for himself, unfortunately, he was just very rusty when he came on.
Old 1st October 2017, 01.05:49   #30-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrexSi View Post
Totally agree! Don't get me wrong, the debate over who is our best choice to partner Holroyd is a separate thing from what we all do of course agree on....that ideally 'someone else' is brought in, a proper centre forward, strong in the air, holds the ball up, scores goals, etc. But who? And does our wage structure allow it even if there is someone out there?

My theory a month ago was to try for someone like the lad at Bradford PA, who was banging the goals in. But as a mate of mine put me right on, he is part time. We need to find a pro who is looking for a new club. How can we find someone like that, at this point in the season now? Another good shout was Fosu Mensah at Airbus. I promise you all, he is going to come good, he is another Matthias Pogba. But unfortunately they've just signed him up.

But back to your point....definitely....we will not get a better chance than this, to go up....next season we face more big guns coming down, and the likes of Salford coming up with their millions. It has to be now!

One thing is for sure, Keates knows what he needs. I think we have to have faith that he is doing all he can, and will still be searching. Its like there's a brilliant jigsaw puzzle on a table. We are all standing around it, willing it to be completed. Keates is sat in the chair working on it, and looking for that final piece to complete the picture. Fingers crossed he can.

Have you stopped and thought who signed Boden Massanka & Reid? And tried to sign the lad that went to Chester? Not all his signing especially forwards are good Holroyd yes,so their us no guarantees if he does sign a forward they will be good enough. Signing players isn't football manager and every club wants good strikers.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st October 2017, 07.17:54   #31-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
If we had strikers better than Cymru Alliance level to bring on, we'd be comfortably top of the league.

Honest to god, is there really no striker in our "famed" youth academy that is better than Missanka?
Yes I agree Massanka missed a couple of chances, but singling Him out is getting tiresome , Reid never had a shot on goal as I remember or even looked like getting in those positions , and Boden is no better , massanka has scored , has Boden ? all three are not doing it so why single Him out .

Last edited by redavid; 1st October 2017 at 07.23:42..
Old 1st October 2017, 08.41:45   #32-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavid View Post
Yes I agree Massanka missed a couple of chances, but singling Him out is getting tiresome , Reid never had a shot on goal as I remember or even looked like getting in those positions , and Boden is no better , massanka has scored , has Boden ? all three are not doing it so why single Him out .

Massanka was singled out because he was terrible infront of goal but he did improve us as an attacking force as he did put in a mini shift when he came on, but the first 2 chances were bread and butter chances for strikers harder to miss than score, I agree about Reid he is lazy and simply looking disinterested.

However I disagree about Boden he has barely been given a chance fee sub appearances and the odd starting place, where we didn't create any chances, it's all about match fitness having no reserve side.

If he'd plays at least half a dozen full games and doesn't improve I would agree with you, look at Roberts he wasn't matchfit and slated on here but now he is showing his worth as he gets fitter, Kelly the last 2 games has improved no end and Holroyd is getting better every game as he gets matchfit.

I like Massanka's application and would love for him to improve infront of goal but as of yet no sign of it.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 1st October 2017, 08.49:07   #33-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Reid was terrible.. i don't recall anything at all he done that contributed. surprised he stayed on the pitch so long.. people are knocking massanka.. yet Reid was by far for me the worst player on the pitch.he looked lazy , disinterested and plain crap yesterday.

once Massanka came on we looked much better and dangerous going forward... ok granted a couple of his 1st touches sucked.. and he missed a couple of sitters.

but that's still much much more than Reid did the entire time he was on.

All Sutton done was lump the ball forward to their big players, unfortunately a bad clearance by Jennings gave their striker the opportunity for their goal.
Old 1st October 2017, 08.55:18   #34-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale

Personally would give Massanka the starting place with Holroyd on Tuesday ahead of Reid. Looedk lively and with some nice holding up and link up play. Granted he did a few poor things but he's young and raw. I think if Keates shows some confidence in him it might help him out. I don't think Reid offers much, so I don't see the harm in giving him a chance so start with Holroyd.
Old 1st October 2017, 09.04:13   #35-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

I agree about Massanka - he may have missed a number of chances but at least he got himself into a position to create a goal chance.

More puzzling is Reid - he looked a great prospect on his debut and probably had his best games when he was paired with Massanka - but for me he just is n't doing it and not chasing, harrying, challenging for the ball especially in the air.

Holroyd is head and shoulders above the rest so it's a case of which of our other strikers starts alongside him - Massanka looks a great impact sub for the last 20 minutes but can he do it for 90 ? perhaps having been out of the team he is a bit rusty to say the least - think we are at a stage now where the rest of the team have been playing alongside each other for perhaps 20 matches (including pre season) and they are improving all the time.

But we need to adopt a ruthless nasty professional streak - we can't afford to be dropping 2 points at home to the likes of Guiseley and should have held out yesterday, slowed the game down, kept possession and been capable of seeing out the last 4 minutes - although a great strike for their goal it was due to a mistake of our own doing in failing to clear the ball and boot it half way to Gwersyllt.
Old 1st October 2017, 09.32:07   #36-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
If we had strikers better than Cymru Alliance level to bring on, we'd be comfortably top of the league.

Honest to god, is there really no striker in our "famed" youth academy that is better than Missanka?
No. And dont ask questions of our glorious youth system! Some people are trying to make a living.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.01:10.