Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th October 2017, 10.26:07   #19-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy red View Post
Based on our last 9 games we have W4 D5 L0

This is 1.88 points per game which translates to 87 points seasons end

Macclesfield are currently top at 1.85 points per game which translates to 85 points

My conclusion is that our current form is Title winning form and scoring lots of goals may not always be the answer to being Champions.

Problem for Wrexham is that in our first 5 games we only obtained 6 points when scoring more freely at 4 goals in 5 games. Statistically this was 3% better than our 7 goals in last 9 games.

[Removed User] has a point re defence can win Titles. Statistically we are on track to be at least top 3 if last 9 games are the basis for rest of season, and statistically you can argue we will come 1st.

Of course a striker who can score will improve our chances assuming our defence remains solid.

You could argue also that a team will win all of its remaining games, but its not statistically likely.

Sorry about the Nerdy post, but it's an interesting perspective.

Statistics are just assumptions, here's an assumption what if Manny gets injured? Or Pearson? Or both out the same time? Marx has he played a game in months? Without scoring goals we're reliant on the above players to stay fit not suspended and keep their form, Pearson can't be far off a suspension he is collecting bookings, Jennings is still a liability with discipline and Wedgebury is another booking collector. So yes if non of these possibilities happen we could draw our way to a play off place.
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th October 2017, 10.27:46   #20-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Default Re: We have title winning form

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Neals Dynasty View Post
Statistics are just assumptions, here's an assumption what if Manny gets injured? Or Pearson? Or both out the same time? Marx has he played a game in months? Without scoring goals we're reliant on the above players to stay fit not suspended and keep their form, Pearson can't be far off a suspension he is collecting bookings, Jennings is still a liability with discipline and Wedgebury is another booking collector. So yes if non of these possibilities happen we could draw our way to a play off place.
Posted via mobile theme
Statistics are just assumptions?????

This post is full of assumptions
Old 5th October 2017, 10.30:10   #21-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
Statistics are just assumptions?????

This post is full of assumptions

If you read it again Statto I say " here's an assumption "
Posted via mobile theme
Old 5th October 2017, 10.32:52   #22-0 (permalink)
Name A Stand After Me

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
If you read it again Statto I say " here's an assumption "
Posted via mobile theme
Nope you said "statistics are just assumptions".
All these things you've just listed that could happen might not actually happen either
If we can't be happy when we are 9 games unbeaten when can we be?

I am not saying we are title challengers far from it (but who is at the moment) there is a lot more to be positive about than negative at this moment.

It could all change on Saturday though! Any win will do for me but a 2 or 3 goal win will be far better.
Old 5th October 2017, 10.44:06   #23-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Things don't stay the same for an entire season - players come and go, form dips, form improves, success in the cup(s) means potential fixture congestion and a drop in league form or success breeds success and form improves.

Given the choice at the start of the season I think most of us would have taken our current position - just 3 points off the top. There's room for improvement, there always will be.

Tranmere Rovers might have had a poor start but the rest have not capitalized on it - every club is beating each other or drawing games - nobody is running away with it.

A long, long, way to go but a good start - can we better it and maintain our current form though ?
Old 5th October 2017, 10.51:11   #24-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Statisticians rely on accurate reading of hypothesis
I said based on our past 9 games
Assume you outwit me in other areas ... but not on Stats ...sorry
A pretty convenient sample size. You should be doing it off 14 games not 9, but then that would ruin your hypothesis wouldn't it?
Old 5th October 2017, 10.54:46   #25-0 (permalink)
wil
Legend

(info)

My presumption is its assumed there is an assumption.
Old 5th October 2017, 11.21:51   #26-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Posted via mobile theme
I think Pearson is on 4 yellows now.
Old 5th October 2017, 11.27:07   #27-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Erm ...no..

No wins in 10 is poor form

25 wins out of 25 is form but not based on 10 losses in a row

Form is based on historical data....

OK....this Nerds going back to his data now... Cheers
you said 'if...you win the next one', I said 'if you win the next 25'.

Or are you saying we wouldn't win the title if we won 25 games in a row? if you are, then you're wrong, coz we would.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 01.01:11.