Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th October 2017, 15.31:33   #1-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand
Twitter: @

Default Problem solved then Deano bottles it.

In my humble opinion we have the makings of a promotion winning team as long as we pick our best team. The problem is midfield, one person in particular who just cannot play midfield. He is not good enough. In the first 5 games that Carrington started we gained just 6 points. Deano then gets lucky as Carrington gets sent off at Maidstone. We then win our next three games without Carrington starting but Deano then brings him back for the Torquay game and our winning run comes to an end. Carrington has made 9 starts and we gained just 10 points. In the 4 games that Carrington does not start we take a maximum 12 points. Yes, I went to Halifax and saw him make two or three good passes forward but generally he runs around like a headless chicken, hides or blames others for his shortcomings. If Carrington does not start most games I thing we get promoted. If he starts most games we will be stuck in this division for another year.
Old 5th October 2017, 15.37:22   #2-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Default Re: Problem solved then Deano bottles it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
In my humble opinion we have the makings of a promotion winning team as long as we pick our best team. The problem is midfield, one person in particular who just cannot play midfield. He is not good enough. In the first 5 games that Carrington started we gained just 6 points. Deano then gets lucky as Carrington gets sent off at Maidstone. We then win our next three games without Carrington starting but Deano then brings him back for the Torquay game and our winning run comes to an end. Carrington has made 9 starts and we gained just 10 points. In the 4 games that Carrington does not start we take a maximum 12 points. Yes, I went to Halifax and saw him make two or three good passes forward but generally he runs around like a headless chicken, hides or blames others for his shortcomings. If Carrington does not start most games I thing we get promoted. If he starts most games we will be stuck in this division for another year.
The issue isn't Carra on his own its Carra and Wedgbury in the middle and therefore no support to the forwards.

Its all about balance. We could have Rutherford LM, Wedgbury/Kelly CM and Carra RM and the problem wouldn't be as bad.
Old 5th October 2017, 15.41:07   #3-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post
The issue isn't Carra on his own its Carra and Wedgbury in the middle and therefore no support to the forwards.

Its all about balance. We could have Rutherford LM, Wedgbury/Kelly CM and Carra RM and the problem wouldn't be as bad.
Swap Carra with Macreth, play Kelly and Wedgebury in the middle then you have a more balanced midfield. Would be swapping the defensive for the attacking but hey at least we would have more chance of winning games. Wedgebury can still sit deep so not loosing too much defensively but gaining alot more attacking wise with Kelly as the central attacking playmaker without disrupting the wings (which is happening atm when Kelly plays LM and he drifts inside) where the wingers can still stretch the opposition so that we can have more space in the middle.

Last edited by Birdy; 5th October 2017 at 15.42:34..
Old 5th October 2017, 15.43:22   #4-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagl View Post

To be fair we could just get away with the unbalanced midfield if we had a clinical finisher up front. Massanka and Reid both missed easy chances in last 2 games alone.If they had gone in we would be top
Old 5th October 2017, 15.46:55   #5-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

Racecourse Spot: Upper Yale stand, town end

Playing like we are, with Carrington and nothing upfront will only end one way, midtable.
Old 5th October 2017, 15.54:43   #6-0 (permalink)
Printing My Own Banknotes

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: Mold Road Stand

So it's all down to one player? I'm not buying it. I'm by no means Carrington's fan, especially not in the middle of the park.

With Wedgbury out through suspension and now Wright through injury I don't see that Keates had many alternatives. The midfield worked well on Saturday until Wright came off, can't comment on last night though.
Old 5th October 2017, 16.06:51   #7-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Derfyl Cadarn View Post
Its all about opinions isn't it. I and others argued the case for Carrington as a decent squad player in answer to your last post on the subject. You don't rate him so we have to agree to disagree.
Old 5th October 2017, 16.23:23   #8-0 (permalink)
-

Racecourse Spot: none given

There is more than one issue with the midfield. Wedgebury and Carrington works fine when we want to shut up shop away from home. However, if we want to be more attack minded and we carry on playing 4-4-2, I don’t think both can be accommodated in the centre.

My personal opinion is carrington plays the deep role better than wedgebury. He gives the ball away less, doesn’t fly into tackles with little prospect of winning the ball, and doesn’t run around aimlessly leaving a big gap behind him. We need someone with Wedgebury’s energy, but plays further up the field. Wedgebury doesn’t offer enough threat attacking threat.

I don’t think Rutherford offers enough threat going forward, and think it’s time Macketh gets a chance to show what he can do. He struggles to beat a man. Often he will receive a pass that beats the full-back, only to turn the wrong way and try to beat him again. Kelly always looks our greatest threat, and I’d be happy for him to continue out wide, should we sign a more creative central player.

The young forward line lacks composure in front of goal, but has been fed scraps all season from midfield. Holroyd looks like a winger playing upfront. Reid looks like a finisher, but has struggle day against big, strong teams. Massanka needs to improve his composure and finishing infront of goal. Boden just hasn’t hasn’t the opportunity to impress. Andy cook would slot in perfectly upfront, alongside one of the above.

Keates is two or three players short of really putting a decent title bid forward. Unless this changes, we will end up scrapping around for the last playoff spot, or lower.
Old 5th October 2017, 16.28:35   #9-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The stats look damning but I am not sure it's fair to put it all on him. Sounds from last few matches in which he has played that we have created chances it's just our "strikers" are appalling.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 14.46:54.