RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   RIP Jacko (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110581-rip-jacko.html)

Red Badger 6th October 2017 23.22:21

Re: RIP Jacko

What an incredible man. Inspirational to so many. How can any Wrexham fan forget him? A true Wrexham legend.

Chalky7 7th October 2017 00.06:36

As a kid, whenever we played away from home, as soon as I got in the away end I used to look to see if Jacko was there, because if he was you knew there would be a good atmosphere and we were gonna be singing throughout the game. Gone far too soon, RIP Jacko, hope your up there having a pint with Scarfy right now.

pjwales 7th October 2017 00.15:40

Well my friend you've left us far too early but at least now your free from pain,all the games,all the places, the legend that is Jacko will live in our hearts forever,have a good sleep and watch over us at the Cae Ras.

Red Light 7th October 2017 02.14:28

For those of you still up, pour yourself a drink / get yourself a brew and hit the below link.

A monumental piece of music for a monumental friend.

Remember the good times we all shared together.

'Reflections of my life' - the original from 1969 by Marmalade.

[url]https://youtu.be/xTeI65yrhGw[/url]

WAFCExile 7th October 2017 07.45:56

[url=http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/tributes-wrexham-superfan-who-lost-13729503]Tributes to Wrexham superfan who lost battle with cancer - Daily Post[/url]
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

RetiredMember021 7th October 2017 07.52:26

I've not posted on here in a long time, but felt it right to post my condolences. I use to stand near Jacko during the Smith era. He was a one man atmosphere, starting up every song. Probably the biggest Wrexham fan i've met.

Rex Ham 7th October 2017 07.55:18

Lots been said on social media etc about how he was a big fan and used to start alk the singing etc, and rightly so because that's what he'll be remembered for.

But aside of all that we should just reflect as well on what a lovely lovely bloke he was .

R-I-P Jacko
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Pensioner 7th October 2017 10.19:03

It really makes me sad reading all the messages for my friend, Jacko. The messages have brought me to tears many times since I found out yesterday morning.

The saddest thing of all though is the fact that the vast majority are along the lines of “super fan loses his fight”, “Wrexham’s number 1 fan”, “If the Kop ever re-opens, it won’t quite be the same”, “The King of the Kop”, “Wrexham legend” etc etc. This of course, is all true. His passion, enthusiasm, energy and unconditional love for our great club was unquestionably inspirational to many of us.

The thing is, if you travelled 6 or 7 miles from The Racecourse to Acrefair and met him, you would see exactly the same qualities overflowing in every conversation that you had with him. I remember sitting with him in Shooting Stars in the Maelor with his Chemo being pumped through his veins and not once did he complain about anything. Topics of conversation were MY health, MY DAD’S health, MY daughter, MY relationship and of course, Wrexham Football Club.

In my mind, Jacko was undoubtedly the biggest Wrexham fan in my lifetime and I would stick my neck on the block and say, EVER. He was also a very compassionate, non-judgemental and loyal FRIEND. A genuinely gentle man who has inspired me for at least 25 years.

I’d like to share one last thing with you to show how humble this amazing person was. On the day Jacko was told that his treatment was being stopped and the inevitable would only be matter of time, I received a phone call from his sister asking me to visit him in hospital in Chester. The reason for the visit was quite simply to thank me and my daughter for what we did for him when he first became too poorly to work when we arranged the auction for him.
I really wish more of you had the pleasure of actually knowing him outside of the football.

Today I will be raising a glass, not just for the loss of a Wrexham Legend but mainly, the loss of my friend.
Nos Da Jacko, my friend!!!

Hellas 7th October 2017 10.50:20

[QUOTE=Pensioner;2077605]It really makes me sad reading all the messages for my friend, Jacko. The messages have brought me to tears many times since I found out yesterday morning.

The saddest thing of all though is the fact that the vast majority are along the lines of “super fan loses his fight”, “Wrexham’s number 1 fan”, “If the Kop ever re-opens, it won’t quite be the same”, “The King of the Kop”, “Wrexham legend” etc etc. This of course, is all true. His passion, enthusiasm, energy and unconditional love for our great club was unquestionably inspirational to many of us.

The thing is, if you travelled 6 or 7 miles from The Racecourse to Acrefair and met him, you would see exactly the same qualities overflowing in every conversation that you had with him. I remember sitting with him in Shooting Stars in the Maelor with his Chemo being pumped through his veins and not once did he complain about anything. Topics of conversation were MY health, MY DAD’S health, MY daughter, MY relationship and of course, Wrexham Football Club.

In my mind, Jacko was undoubtedly the biggest Wrexham fan in my lifetime and I would stick my neck on the block and say, EVER. He was also a very compassionate, non-judgemental and loyal FRIEND. A genuinely gentle man who has inspired me for at least 25 years.

I’d like to share one last thing with you to show how humble this amazing person was. On the day Jacko was told that his treatment was being stopped and the inevitable would only be matter of time, I received a phone call from his sister asking me to visit him in hospital in Chester. The reason for the visit was quite simply to thank me and my daughter for what we did for him when he first became too poorly to work when we arranged the auction for him.
I really wish more of you had the pleasure of actually knowing him outside of the football.

Today I will be raising a glass, not just for the loss of a Wrexham Legend but mainly, the loss of my friend.
Nos Da Jacko, my friend!!![/QUOTE]
Lovely words, he was one of the good guys

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 21.34:39.