RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   RIP Jacko (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110581-rip-jacko.html)

RHYLRED 7th October 2017 11.17:09

Re: RIP Jacko

Nice words Pensioner.

flynhater 7th October 2017 13.23:28

[quote=pensioner;2077605]it really makes me sad reading all the messages for my friend, jacko. The messages have brought me to tears many times since i found out yesterday morning.

The saddest thing of all though is the fact that the vast majority are along the lines of “super fan loses his fight”, “wrexham’s number 1 fan”, “if the kop ever re-opens, it won’t quite be the same”, “the king of the kop”, “wrexham legend” etc etc. This of course, is all true. His passion, enthusiasm, energy and unconditional love for our great club was unquestionably inspirational to many of us.

The thing is, if you travelled 6 or 7 miles from the racecourse to acrefair and met him, you would see exactly the same qualities overflowing in every conversation that you had with him. I remember sitting with him in shooting stars in the maelor with his chemo being pumped through his veins and not once did he complain about anything. Topics of conversation were my health, my dad’s health, my daughter, my relationship and of course, wrexham football club.

In my mind, jacko was undoubtedly the biggest wrexham fan in my lifetime and i would stick my neck on the block and say, ever. He was also a very compassionate, non-judgemental and loyal friend. A genuinely gentle man who has inspired me for at least 25 years.

I’d like to share one last thing with you to show how humble this amazing person was. On the day jacko was told that his treatment was being stopped and the inevitable would only be matter of time, i received a phone call from his sister asking me to visit him in hospital in chester. The reason for the visit was quite simply to thank me and my daughter for what we did for him when he first became too poorly to work when we arranged the auction for him.
I really wish more of you had the pleasure of actually knowing him outside of the football.

Today i will be raising a glass, not just for the loss of a wrexham legend but mainly, the loss of my friend.
Nos da jacko, my friend!!![/quote]

😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰😰

clloyd 7th October 2017 13.31:09

Really sad to read this today & not sure I have any words to do the great man justice. I was another that spent my early teenage years, at the back of the kop getting hooked on Wrexham Football Club.

The likes of Karl Connelly and Gary Bennett were obviously a huge part of that but, having mainly been a TV fan up to that point in time, what really made me look forward to a Saturday night (or Tuesday evening) was the atmosphere at the back of the Kop, with Jacko cheerleading!

As I’ve got older, the Kop closed & we’ve slipped down the leagues my enthusiasm may have diminished a little but I’ll never forget those years or the quirky songs & enthusiasm Jacko had. It sounds that he carried that through his entire life and there must be a lot of people far closer to him than us that only knew him from the back of the Kop and my thoughts go out to them.

RIP Jacko

dixienormous 7th October 2017 14.06:30

The reaction, from people who probably didn't know Jacko personally, says it all really. A true legend at Wrexham Football Club, and one of the saddest days at the club. Rip Jacko.

dewi ogwen 7th October 2017 14.16:51

RIP Jaco great singing voice and lead the youngsters for years at the top of the kop.

JonoWafc 7th October 2017 15.08:53

RIP Jacko very sad news indeed. Nearly all of my memories supporting Wrexham involve Jacko's unique voice.

Mr Wonderful 7th October 2017 18.39:51

A man who wore his heart on his sleeve.
He was devoted to Wrexham in a way that was just a cut above me, he was on another plateau. You heard him before you saw him & I never saw him without his Town top on.
In the days of 1000+ gates he was still there amongst his fellow kopites leading the choir, & if they didn't join in he carried on regardless!
Well known for all the right reasons. RIP bud.

Ddraigoch 7th October 2017 18.41:38

The support sounded great on the tv - Jacko would have been proud

rob_1072 7th October 2017 18.47:24

Performance improved after his tribute, I'd like to think he had something to do with it. RIP

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 05.58:26.