RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   RIP Jacko (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110581-rip-jacko.html)

StattoWrexham 6th October 2017 13.27:31

Re: RIP Jacko

We were at Darlington away on a Tuesday night 1993 and walking towards the ground about 3 minutes before kick off I said to my mate "crikey this will be the latest we've got into a game for years".

Jacko walking alongside us said "sort your life out mate, this will the earliest I've got in a game for years".

wrexham forever 6th October 2017 13.33:36

Although aware that "Jacko" was very poorly it's still very sad to hear this news. Without doubt "Jacko" was a true Wrexham legend who gave all Wrexham fans hours of entertainment. I have known many characters in my time supporting Wrexham but "Jacko" will always be top of the list. I am sure there are many songs we sing which come from him and how many times have we heard "Jacko Jacko give us a song" and he always did.

To see him in France last year following Wales was great and I am sure we all thought he had fought and won the horrible illness he had. I remember him on the pitch with the Fron choir in the game v Grimsby after he had "recovered" from the first bout and I think many of us shed a tear with him at that moment.

He will be missed by many people. My condolences go to his family.

stalybridge sheepshagger 6th October 2017 13.33:54

I will always remember that voice at the back of the kop and him getting thrown out at Sheffield Wednesday when we won there as he wouldn't stop standing on the seat. RIP mate, I'm gutted you're gone - taken too early like Scarfie

Huffy 6th October 2017 13.42:49

RIP Jacko - a true character

jonesfach 6th October 2017 13.43:05

Sad news. Was talking to him about 6/9 months ago about the current goings on. What struck me most was his in depth knowledge of the game. He wasn't just there to watch the team, have a drink or too, sing along and generally have a good time. He had a great awareness of how the team were set up, who should be where, etc etc. He will be very sadly missed by us all.

Outertowner 6th October 2017 13.55:45

Never knew him personally but always looked to spot where Jacko was at the back of the Kop and go stand near him as i knew thats where the atmosphere would be coming from. True Wrexham legend, always on form and leader of the 12th man!

RIP Jacko

techender 6th October 2017 14.08:27

I always remember him teaching people on our bus how to sing "Sospan Fach"

If you can't speak Welsh just use the words:

"I hit my wife with a saucepan, and she hit me with a saucepan back"

I remember that every time I hear that song.

Ex Limassol Red 6th October 2017 14.15:28

RIP Jacko.

Couple of stand out memories, 1 on a Wales trip to Belgium, very early 90s, when (let's say) the Welsh were not quite as "together" as we are now. Whilst escaping from the melee that was outside, we ventured into a cellar bar, where Jacko was standing on a table singing Wrexham songs.
The other, was him in the rain at Stockport, one Boxing Day, where the police stopped us from jumping over the fence into the covered terrace. Jacko took off his increasingly sodden woolly jumper and started waving it at the police��
Great, great loss.

welshgrunt 6th October 2017 14.19:32

[QUOTE=wrexham forever;2077374]Although aware that "Jacko" was very poorly it's still very sad to hear this news. Without doubt "Jacko" was a true Wrexham legend who gave all Wrexham fans hours of entertainment. I have known many characters in my time supporting Wrexham but "Jacko" will always be top of the list. I am sure there are many songs we sing which come from him and how many times have we heard "Jacko Jacko give us a song" and he always did.

To see him in France last year following Wales was great and I am sure we all thought he had fought and won the horrible illness he had. I remember him on the pitch with the Fron choir in the game v Grimsby after he had "recovered" from the first bout and I think many of us shed a tear with him at that moment.

He will be missed by many people. My condolences go to his family.[/QUOTE]

True Wrexham legend indeed. RIP Jacko. Indeed, have just posted my footage of the moment you refer to at the Grimsby game on the Wrexham AFC Facebook link, as sadly can't do it on here. Here's the link:[url]https://www.facebook.com/wrexhamfootballclub/photos/a.10152856937330288.1073741831.11879305287/10156063672245288/?type=3&comment_id=10156063699930288&notif_id=1507298448371364&notif_t=like[/url] Let the tears flow again.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.42:23.