Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th October 2017, 08.59:24   #154-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

Racecourse Spot: Any spare seat
Twitter: @

Default Re: Eastleigh Post-Match Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
Bit too much angst about tactics and formations around in my opinion. I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about style, entertainment or excitement. Not after ten years down here. Points and league position is all that matters now. I don't care how we do it just get into those play offs as a minimum requirement. Any how. Any way. That seems to be DKs mantra too. First of all you don't lose. As far as possible you set up to ensure you are rock steady at the back and in midfield. Not at the complete expense of offensive play obviously as drawing every game wont achieve the objective. We are fifth and three points off top. After 15 games. So far so good. Its working. Can it be improved? Sure but not by risking what has got us here in the first place. And don't forget DK is learning his trade as the season progresses. There will be twists and turns and some changes. Some players may yet come good and the team we finish with wont be exactly like the one we have now. What concerns me is what we do if the back four pick up injuries and suspensions. And that the goalkeeper situation doesn't become an issue. Otherwise, steady as she goes.
Exactly.
Old 9th October 2017, 09.07:16   #155-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paddock Man View Post
Bit too much angst about tactics and formations around in my opinion. I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about style, entertainment or excitement. Not after ten years down here. Points and league position is all that matters now. I don't care how we do it just get into those play offs as a minimum requirement. Any how. Any way. That seems to be DKs mantra too. First of all you don't lose. As far as possible you set up to ensure you are rock steady at the back and in midfield. Not at the complete expense of offensive play obviously as drawing every game wont achieve the objective. We are fifth and three points off top. After 15 games. So far so good. Its working. Can it be improved? Sure but not by risking what has got us here in the first place. And don't forget DK is learning his trade as the season progresses. There will be twists and turns and some changes. Some players may yet come good and the team we finish with wont be exactly like the one we have now. What concerns me is what we do if the back four pick up injuries and suspensions. And that the goalkeeper situation doesn't become an issue. Otherwise, steady as she goes.
excellent post
Old 9th October 2017, 10.29:25   #156-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: anywhere

I can see why a lot of people have been urging DK to play Kelly in the middle. Having watched the Eastleigh game twice the difference between the first hour and the last 30 minutes is remarkable. Kelly was seen in a completely different light and we started to play some quite decent football. Would it have been as effective if Eastleigh had not sat back? Hopefully we will find out in future games. I also notice some posters have been saying how good Tranmere's strikers are and how they will be ahead of us soon and even eventual league winners. Well you may be right but Saturday's results were not good for your argument.
Old 9th October 2017, 10.51:31   #157-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot: MRS, ex-kopite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
I can see why a lot of people have been urging DK to play Kelly in the middle. Having watched the Eastleigh game twice the difference between the first hour and the last 30 minutes is remarkable. Kelly was seen in a completely different light and we started to play some quite decent football. Would it have been as effective if Eastleigh had not sat back? Hopefully we will find out in future games. I also notice some posters have been saying how good Tranmere's strikers are and how they will be ahead of us soon and even eventual league winners. Well you may be right but Saturday's results were not good for your argument.
I am one of those who still think Tranmere will win the title. Though I have to say their result on Saturday was not what I expected. Fair play to Chester.

I don't want them to win it obviously, its just that niggling feeling I have....

But come Christmas if they are still stuttering and we have a healthy 20 point gap on them then I will change my tune!!

Old 9th October 2017, 11.22:29   #158-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwilliams View Post
Valid point and one that's open to debate.
We definitely played better when Mackreth came on and Kelly moved to the middle.
It's great in hindsight to say that that's how we should have started but Eastleigh may well have closed down players when they had more energy. I think it's our fitness that is telling in these games. Very few players seem to be slowing down as we get to the 70 minute mark.
Old 9th October 2017, 12.28:35   #159-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quay Red View Post
Valid point and one that's open to debate.
We definitely played better when Mackreth came on and Kelly moved to the middle.
It's great in hindsight to say that that's how we should have started but Eastleigh may well have closed down players when they had more energy. I think it's our fitness that is telling in these games. Very few players seem to be slowing down as we get to the 70 minute mark.
Spot on QR.
Old 9th October 2017, 12.33:29   #160-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooh aah Paskin View Post
I am one of those who still think Tranmere will win the title. Though I have to say their result on Saturday was not what I expected. Fair play to Chester.

I don't want them to win it obviously, its just that niggling feeling I have....

But come Christmas if they are still stuttering and we have a healthy 20 point gap on them then I will change my tune!!

Tranmere Rovers 0 - 0 Chester - The Vanarama National League

Tranmere missed some chances and a few decent saves
Old 9th October 2017, 12.33:55   #161-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrytactics View Post
Spot on QR.
Darlington puts our improved 2nd half performance down to the video analysis work that is done during the 1st half and shown in the dressing room at half time. This combined with improved fitness must be beneficial
Posted via mobile theme
Old 9th October 2017, 12.44:39   #162-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH23 View Post
Not really, I just find his continuous rhetoric of blaming our budget a bit repetitive and condescending given, this season, the fans have dug deep and done their absolute utmost to support the budget - supplemented by Keates' actions last season by ditching unnecessary players. Saunders appears to value money above all else, hence his praising of Eastleigh's impracticable spending which shows just what he thinks football ought to be. The game has moved on from his ilk and I'm, frankly, delighted to see it do so. It's the only way clubs like Wrexham can guarantee long term safety.
He conveniently forgets the succession of lame ducks he wasted money on when he was here Taboubi a case in point!

Also his support of Moss and Roberts as they were asset stripping the club #tosser

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 00.49:43.