RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Political Flags ? (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110625-political-flags.html)

deeside_dragon 12th October 2017 00.48:49

Political Flags ?

Why do we have political flags on the Kop ? Palestine, Catalan etc.

I don't see a large arab/catalan following at our club !

Should we have Israel and Spanish flags on the Kop, just for some balanced ?

Foxy 12th October 2017 06.24:32

Re: Political Flags ?

[QUOTE=deeside_dragon;2078831]Why do we have political flags on the Kop ? Palestine, Catalan etc.

Should we have Israel and Spanish flags on the Kop, just for some balanced ?[/QUOTE]

Political posturing by the right on brigade.

subbuteorob 12th October 2017 06.27:02

I think the Kop could be used to offer advert banners to local companies and hence generate income - especially for the tv match.

rob_1072 12th October 2017 08.01:03

I read somewhere that wales could be fined for a fan taking a Catalan flag and putting it on display in the match vs Georgia. Hopefully doesn't apply to us or our league.

fezbob 12th October 2017 08.22:18

[QUOTE=deeside_dragon;2078831]Why do we have political flags on the Kop ? Palestine, Catalan etc.

Should we have Israel and Spanish flags on the Kop, just for some balanced ?[/QUOTE]

Freedom of speech? I wasn't aware you had to be from said places to have empathy with Catalans and Palestinians or support their cause.

If anyone wanted to put an Israeli or Spanish flag on the Kop then there is nothing stopping them.

smiffysarmy 12th October 2017 08.25:04

Id like to see totally random stuff written on flags there just to confuse people

Red Light 12th October 2017 08.28:29

I'd like to see the bulldozers move in and demolish the lot - then build a new 4,000 capacity two tier stand. Club, Local Authority, University and politicians all rowing in the same direction - get your act together and make it happen !

LWR 12th October 2017 08.33:54

[QUOTE=Red Light;2078846]I'd like to see the bulldozers move in and demolish the lot - then build a new 4,000 capacity two tier stand. Club, Local Authority, University and politicians all rowing in the same direction - get your act together and make it happen ![/QUOTE]

Can we hang political flags on the new Kop?

Save Chip. Don't let Sarah win.

ColwynBayGaz 12th October 2017 08.37:16

It was a smart move who put them there, it gave them TV coverage against Eastleigh, every corner they would have been panned on, it was a nice gesture, dont see the big deal personally.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 18.38:11.