Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th October 2017, 07.11:44   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Reid extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesey red View Post
There's the choice of getting a young new striker in on loan, who could be out of his depth. Or a journeyman like Paynter who probably hasn't played in a while. Instead we have a striker who is used to the team. Either way DK will get slated.
Or we could stick with someone who is proven to be not good enough because he "knows the team".

Let him go and get A N Other loanee in, there is nothing to lose as at worse we get someone who is just as poor as Reid but at best we could find someone capable of hitting the back of the net.
Old 20th October 2017, 07.18:18   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
That involves selecting Massanka though. And seeing as we aren’t playing in the Welsh Prem, we need better.

Apart from Holroyd He`s the best we got , He works hard , gets in good positions , and scored as many as Reid ( lazy) and more than Boden ( no Striker ) All this Massanka bashing really needs to stop .
Old 20th October 2017, 07.29:02   #30-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglesey red View Post
There's the choice of getting a young new striker in on loan, who could be out of his depth. Or a journeyman like Paynter who probably hasn't played in a while. Instead we have a striker who is used to the team. Either way DK will get slated.
It’s his own fault for not signing a striker in the summer. He had ample time and the resources to do so, no excuses there.

And he’s hardly getting slated either.
Old 20th October 2017, 07.41:34   #31-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phils-an-alki View Post
It’s his own fault for not signing a striker in the summer. He had ample time and the resources to do so, no excuses there.

And he’s hardly getting slated either.
I agree that he is not really getting slated. In fairness I believe he did sign strikers in the summer they are just not doing what he hoped - scoring goals. Youngsters from the premier league and division1 along side some more experience on the face of it was not so bad and ,as I recall, even Dixie was happy. The big question for me ,as has already been asked, is are they getting the service ? In my opinion its a bit of both. Look at Everton - basically same setup without a decent centre forward and goals appear hard to come by. We are for sure setting up differently and we all agree more defensively. I think Kelly is key to all of this and I would be happy to see him in the centre alongside wright,Rutherford and Wedgbury.

On the subject of Reid I don't care - he has not done enough and his lack of effort against Eastleigh means at least in my book he should be behind Massanka in the pecking order.
Old 20th October 2017, 07.56:19   #32-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by mold road trendy View Post
Agree , Massanka wasn t the signing we wanted or needed. Hopefully we are not too far off in Jan & make a few good signings to get us up
I have no is sue with Massanka. Singing a raw 18 year old kid on the cheap from the premier league to be our 4th striker is not a bad strategy.

The issue lies with the main striker (Boden) and the vacant striker position currently occupied by Reid.
Old 20th October 2017, 08.54:56   #33-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: gus season ticket

I know it’s not great upfront at the moment but hey it could of been worse we could of signed HANNAH.
Old 20th October 2017, 09.41:14   #34-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Trouble is with Reid he just a kid in a man's league. He doesn't like to battle for the ball.
Old 20th October 2017, 09.47:03   #35-0 (permalink)
Cult Hero

Racecourse Spot: Yale stand

If he can get some urgency in his game he would be good for us.
Mix his ability and massankas work rate and we would have a player on our hands.
Old 20th October 2017, 10.03:20   #36-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

Racecourse Spot: In your seat
Twitter: @Only1Carter

How big is his extension?
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 16.24:05.