Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20th October 2017, 21.58:59   #28-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: Behind the guy with the big Afro :-(
Twitter: @COYR

Default Re: Chester tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
Could be wrong but from memory I think that was down to Chester being charged a higher price than was normal for that stand. As to the sales of beer, yes there were plenty of young lads that wouldn't get served in a pub walking around with bottles, hard to manage though I guess
I think that the rule is to charge the same as the home fans have to pay, we normally pay less for that stand but give you the advantage of dislodging our 12th man into a more expensive stand, ergo, you pay the price for the more expensive stand.

You could call it a tax though, a tax to visit a proper ground, a ground with MASSIVE floodlights, consider it an experience.
Old 20th October 2017, 22.05:10   #29-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given
Twitter: @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawarden Red10 View Post
Missing out on their own pay day
I doubt the the decision on away capacity rests solely with Chester FC, in the same way that your club won’t have total control over arrangements for the return game. The bubble may be gone (for now at least) but the policing influence certainly isn’t.
Old 20th October 2017, 22.08:02   #30-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Coch View Post
I think that the rule is to charge the same as the home fans have to pay, we normally pay less for that stand but give you the advantage of dislodging our 12th man into a more expensive stand, ergo, you pay the price for the more expensive stand.

You could call it a tax though, a tax to visit a proper ground, a ground with MASSIVE floodlights, consider it an experience.
The novelty of a ground with three sides is more likely
Old 20th October 2017, 22.16:52   #31-0 (permalink)
Club Captain

Racecourse Spot: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorporix View Post
I disagree SR - I think the fans who shell out over 300 notes a year, some of whom struggle to afford it, should be given priority.
Surely if you're relating it to money spent then the more you travel, the more you spend and the more deserving you are. Unless you think it should somehow be means tested.
Old 20th October 2017, 22.32:12   #32-0 (permalink)
Due a Testimonial

The historical problem at the Deva has always been the same - there are a relatively small number of Chester ST holders who occupy the West Stand nearest the North Terrace.

Chester, through blind loyalty wont upset them by reallocating them to the East Stand / North Terrace - I suppose the argument is that the ST holders go every home game and they don't want to alienate and possibly lose their customers.

I am a ST holder in the Tech End - I know in advance that every season I / we will have to reallocate to the Yale Stand for the visit of Chester & Tranmere - but at the Deva things are different.

I cannot see any other reason for the reduced allocation that seats being lost to accommodate TV gantry & cameras (BT Sport).
Only other possibilities are problems with either the condition of components of the stadium - damaged seating, problems with the limited number of turnstiles or some other physical / structural problem OR a lack of suitable qualified trained stewards / other safety factor.

it's a shame we can't proceed up the West Stand beyond half way as, given our current league position and high interest in this fixture just over 1,000 tickets will not satisfy demand.

From a safety aspect we are already playing in the dark which increases the potential for problems - the reduced allocation will result in Wrexham followers buying tickets for the home stands - it always happens but this time it could be in much greater numbers.

One other possibility that has been touched upon earlier in the thread is if for THIS match tickets are allocated to individual seats and not as previously sold as 'unreserved'. This would lead to a reduction in capacity but I can't think of any valid reason for a change from previous seasons - better for the masses to use seats as they find them especially for this fixture. Supporters who have attended the Deva in recent seasons will recall that under bubble arrangements we bought our travel tickets / match attendance and didn't even know until we arrived at the stadium which stand we were going to be in until presented with our stadium ticket (an unusual scenario to say the least).
Old 20th October 2017, 23.36:36   #33-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

The modern fan will watch this on TV either at home or in The pub

1,000 will be plenty. Sadly
Old 20th October 2017, 23.48:15   #34-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stafford Red View Post
Surely if you're relating it to money spent then the more you travel, the more you spend and the more deserving you are. Unless you think it should somehow be means tested.
You can spend all you like going to Dover to watch a game. The players might appreciate it but the club gets nothing. Season ticket holders give the club a fixed sum of money before seeing a ball kicked so get first refusal on tickets. Everyone knows this and is the same at every club.

Also which club official would you say is responsible for checking who has gone to every away game?
Old 20th October 2017, 23.49:14   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

Racecourse Spot: MRS - bring back the kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connah's Quay Red View Post

we took nearly 600 to fylde. I know it wasn't on tv but most of these will go whether there is coverage or not. These tickets are unlikely to go on general sale, we could have sold 1500+ given the chance I reckon
Posted via mobile theme
Old 21st October 2017, 06.30:53   #36-0 (permalink)
First Teamer

Racecourse Spot: GUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connah's Quay Red View Post

I for one don't agree with this statement. 1,000 tickets is not enough for this fixture. Sadly.
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.19:35.