RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dissent. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110674-dissent.html)

Prodigal Dragon 22nd October 2017 09.09:37

Re: Dissent.

[QUOTE=Willywill;2081477]Back to the original theme of this post - should we fine players for dissent? Emotive topic, because in the cold light of the day, professional players should play to the whistle and never question the officials. It's never a successful ploy as refs rarely change their minds and players might get booked in the process. Is it that a large percentage of players are not Einstein, and that they cannot 'shut it' in the event of controversy? Mind you, how many manager rant and rave at the fourth official? It's a total waste of time and no example to the players. Managers see it as 'expressing passion' but it's rather immature and silly. If the manager fines players for dissent, then to be fair, the club must fine managers if they get booked or sent to the stand. Is this a football culture thing, as I don't see much of it in Rugby Union.[/QUOTE]

Rugby Union has it right, in that the ref is always correct, even when they have clearly got it wrong. Changing the mindset of the football community won’t be easy or quick, but it needs to happen. Anyone who continually gets himself booked due to gobbing off should be fined. As captain, Pearson needs to set a positive example.

He should be fined.

Ddraigoch 22nd October 2017 09.24:31

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2081450]He wasn't booked.[/QUOTE]

According to the club official account, he was booked on 49 minutes for dissent.

Junior Shabadoo 22nd October 2017 11.05:48

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2081475]Have you forgotten the Fylde match reaction post ? I for one am perfectly happy to give him a run but it seems many others are not.[/QUOTE]

We lost the game so I didn't read the inevitable self flagellation. I don't doubt for a second that people would be on Marx's case - but those people all deserve Gary Mills. I haven't seen anything in a teenager's eight competitive games for the club that justifies the RP treatment.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Red Light 22nd October 2017 11.32:04

I think Pearson has been a revelation - but I have noticed an aspect of his game I do not like and if he strives for perfection then it's something he needs to recognize and learn to control - he's a great skipper and defensive rock as long as he is on the pitch and not serving a suspension.

Too many times he is up in the refs ear giving too many verbals - as skipper perhaps he, above others is entitled to but there's a way to do it, some bookings look totally avoidable and perhaps yesterday's was one such yellow that we could do without if he's now not available at Fylde

dixierob 22nd October 2017 11.57:21

I have never seen a Ref reverse a decision when blagged at by a player. Seems a pointless exercise and doesn’t help when booked needlessly. I may be wrong but I think Brian Clough instilled in his players not to question the Ref. I think the Captain has the right to guidance on certain decisions and I’m sure Refs will look favourably on sides that don’t give grief.

I’ll now take off my rose coloured specs !!!!!!

FieldtownRed 22nd October 2017 12.14:30

[QUOTE=dixierob;2081521]I have never seen a Ref reverse a decision when blagged at by a player. Seems a pointless exercise and doesn’t help when booked needlessly. I may be wrong but I think Brian Clough instilled in his players not to question the Ref. I think the Captain has the right to guidance on certain decisions and I’m sure Refs will look favourably on sides that don’t give grief.

I’ll now take off my rose coloured specs !!!!!![/QUOTE]

Agree with with ref never reversing a decision, but maybe some managers and players think that if you get on at the ref that you're hard done by, it'll subconsciously influence his decisions in the rest of the game?

blackbrookred 22nd October 2017 12.42:41

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2081522]Agree with with ref never reversing a decision, but maybe some managers and players think that if you get on at the ref that you're hard done by, it'll subconsciously influence his decisions in the rest of the game?[/QUOTE]
If I was the ref it would make me think about decisions but to the opposite as in being less tolerant.
With regards fining players for dissent then yes I think we should fine them.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

smotyns 22nd October 2017 21.28:51

I would guess that the club would have a fine system in place for 'infringements'; a booking would fall under this, whether that is for dissent or a foul is immaterial. I guess that a ban for reaching a pre-ordained number of bookings will carry an additional penalty.

Hometown Unicorn 23rd October 2017 13.39:36

Someone on the club website has had a laugh and set Jennings' booking tally to 12 so far.

He gets booked a lot, but come on.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 15.18:59.