RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Dissent. (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110674-dissent.html)

Bryn Tirion 21st October 2017 21.24:08

Dissent.

Do our players get fined for dissent?

Should they get fined for dissent?

Jennings rightly got critisised for his bookings for mouthing off which led to a suspension but when Pearson does it - the last 2 bookings at least were for dissent, nobody seems bothered.

The problem is he is now suspended for Tuesday night and it didn't exactly end well last week when he missed the game there. There is a difference between passion and stupidity.

Pearson has been immense this season but he is letting himself, his team mates and the fans down with these totally unnecessary bookings. He's the captain and he should be leading by example.

It's not as if we are well blessed with centre backs is it?

(Stands back and takes cover!!!)

Redordead 21st October 2017 21.37:32

Re: Dissent.

Did Pearson get booked today?

BBC and Sky have Kelly and Roberts getting booked

fezbob 21st October 2017 21.45:37

I'm going to go against the grain and say I couldn't give one about dissent.

In our best team in the Conference you had Keates, Ashton amd Harris who were always like a flea in the referee's ear and likely to face the odd suspension.

If it happens all the time then yes it's a problem, but to suggest Pearson's letting the side down is laughable.

Give me 11 Shaun Pearson's over the passionless, piss poor shysters we had last year.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Old Paddock Man 21st October 2017 21.49:02

Pearson obviously knew he was close to a ban. Sooner rather than later as a defender he was going to pick up another yellow. Rather he miss Fylde than say the derby. Might have been method in his madness. ��

Bryn Tirion 21st October 2017 21.51:40

[QUOTE=fezbob;2081428]I'm going to go against the grain and say I couldn't give one about dissent.

In our best team in the Conference you had Keates, Ashton amd Harris who were always like a flea in the referee's ear and likely to face the odd suspension.

If it happens all the time then yes it's a problem, but to suggest Pearson's letting the side down is laughable.

Give me 11 Shaun Pearson's over the passionless, piss poor shysters we had last year.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size][/QUOTE]

I'm not doubting his passion. Just the needless bookings.

If we lose on Tuesday you know what it will be like on here.

These types of bookings are so bloody pointless.

GoJohnnyGoGoGoGo 21st October 2017 21.54:55

[QUOTE=Old Paddock Man;2081429] Rather he miss Fylde than say the derby. Might have been method in his madness. ��[/QUOTE]

I wondered that too, with a dry-run last week to practice for his absence

Legends of '78 22nd October 2017 05.20:24

Would give Marx a chance personally.

moynkeepthefaith 22nd October 2017 05.25:16

[QUOTE=Legends of '78;2081447]Would give Marx a chance personally.[/QUOTE]

Get your tin hat on mate :)

bartonbank 22nd October 2017 06.55:15

He wasn't booked.

Kiddy Dragon 22nd October 2017 07.05:21

[QUOTE=fezbob;2081428]I'm going to go against the grain and say I couldn't give one about dissent.

Got to agree with Fezbob. This team care about the reults, the last lot that Mills put together didn't give a stuff in the main.

Junior Shabadoo 22nd October 2017 07.10:10

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2081449]Get your tin hat on mate :)[/QUOTE]

If it requires a tin hat then it shows why some people on here deserved Gary Mills.

benwilliams 22nd October 2017 08.08:04

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2081450]He wasn't booked.[/QUOTE]

How do you know that mate swear I saw it with my own eyes!

Funny_Old_Game 22nd October 2017 08.09:54

We need someone who has fully functioning eyes that actually went to the game and paid attention to clear it up. Was he booked or not?

pagl 22nd October 2017 08.11:30

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2081465]We need someone who has fully functioning eyes that actually went to the game and paid attention to clear it up. Was he booked or not?[/QUOTE]

The club match report says he was booked

Redordead 22nd October 2017 08.14:07

[QUOTE=pagl;2081467]The club match report says he was booked[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/report-dagenham-redbridge-0-1-wrexham[/url]

Pearson 49th min dissent

El Jonez 22nd October 2017 08.25:30

[QUOTE=pagl;2081467]The club match report says he was booked[/QUOTE]

[B][I]"With an overlapping man in the box, Dunn came to the rescue saving Whitley’s shot from 10-yards, although a flag was up on the far side for an offside.

In the aftermath of that incident, Pearson was booked for a comment he made to the match official – which will trigger a one-match ban, meaning he misses the Fylde match on Tuesday"
[/I][/B]

moynkeepthefaith 22nd October 2017 08.50:00

[QUOTE=Junior Shabadoo;2081453]If it requires a tin hat then it shows why some people on here deserved Gary Mills.

Have you forgotten the Fylde match reaction post ? I for one am perfectly happy to give him a run but it seems many others are not.

Willywill 22nd October 2017 08.54:21

Back to the original theme of this post - should we fine players for dissent? Emotive topic, because in the cold light of the day, professional players should play to the whistle and never question the officials. It's never a successful ploy as refs rarely change their minds and players might get booked in the process. Is it that a large percentage of players are not Einstein, and that they cannot 'shut it' in the event of controversy? Mind you, how many manager rant and rave at the fourth official? It's a total waste of time and no example to the players. Managers see it as 'expressing passion' but it's rather immature and silly. If the manager fines players for dissent, then to be fair, the club must fine managers if they get booked or sent to the stand. Is this a football culture thing, as I don't see much of it in Rugby Union.

Prodigal Dragon 22nd October 2017 09.09:37

[QUOTE=Willywill;2081477]Back to the original theme of this post - should we fine players for dissent? Emotive topic, because in the cold light of the day, professional players should play to the whistle and never question the officials. It's never a successful ploy as refs rarely change their minds and players might get booked in the process. Is it that a large percentage of players are not Einstein, and that they cannot 'shut it' in the event of controversy? Mind you, how many manager rant and rave at the fourth official? It's a total waste of time and no example to the players. Managers see it as 'expressing passion' but it's rather immature and silly. If the manager fines players for dissent, then to be fair, the club must fine managers if they get booked or sent to the stand. Is this a football culture thing, as I don't see much of it in Rugby Union.[/QUOTE]

Rugby Union has it right, in that the ref is always correct, even when they have clearly got it wrong. Changing the mindset of the football community won’t be easy or quick, but it needs to happen. Anyone who continually gets himself booked due to gobbing off should be fined. As captain, Pearson needs to set a positive example.

He should be fined.

Ddraigoch 22nd October 2017 09.24:31

[QUOTE=bartonbank;2081450]He wasn't booked.[/QUOTE]

According to the club official account, he was booked on 49 minutes for dissent.

Junior Shabadoo 22nd October 2017 11.05:48

[QUOTE=moynkeepthefaith;2081475]Have you forgotten the Fylde match reaction post ? I for one am perfectly happy to give him a run but it seems many others are not.[/QUOTE]

We lost the game so I didn't read the inevitable self flagellation. I don't doubt for a second that people would be on Marx's case - but those people all deserve Gary Mills. I haven't seen anything in a teenager's eight competitive games for the club that justifies the RP treatment.

Red Light 22nd October 2017 11.32:04

I think Pearson has been a revelation - but I have noticed an aspect of his game I do not like and if he strives for perfection then it's something he needs to recognize and learn to control - he's a great skipper and defensive rock as long as he is on the pitch and not serving a suspension.

Too many times he is up in the refs ear giving too many verbals - as skipper perhaps he, above others is entitled to but there's a way to do it, some bookings look totally avoidable and perhaps yesterday's was one such yellow that we could do without if he's now not available at Fylde

dixierob 22nd October 2017 11.57:21

I have never seen a Ref reverse a decision when blagged at by a player. Seems a pointless exercise and doesn’t help when booked needlessly. I may be wrong but I think Brian Clough instilled in his players not to question the Ref. I think the Captain has the right to guidance on certain decisions and I’m sure Refs will look favourably on sides that don’t give grief.

I’ll now take off my rose coloured specs !!!!!!

FieldtownRed 22nd October 2017 12.14:30

[QUOTE=dixierob;2081521]I have never seen a Ref reverse a decision when blagged at by a player. Seems a pointless exercise and doesn’t help when booked needlessly. I may be wrong but I think Brian Clough instilled in his players not to question the Ref. I think the Captain has the right to guidance on certain decisions and I’m sure Refs will look favourably on sides that don’t give grief.

I’ll now take off my rose coloured specs !!!!!![/QUOTE]

Agree with with ref never reversing a decision, but maybe some managers and players think that if you get on at the ref that you're hard done by, it'll subconsciously influence his decisions in the rest of the game?

blackbrookred 22nd October 2017 12.42:41

[QUOTE=FieldtownRed;2081522]Agree with with ref never reversing a decision, but maybe some managers and players think that if you get on at the ref that you're hard done by, it'll subconsciously influence his decisions in the rest of the game?[/QUOTE]
If I was the ref it would make me think about decisions but to the opposite as in being less tolerant.
With regards fining players for dissent then yes I think we should fine them.

smotyns 22nd October 2017 21.28:51

I would guess that the club would have a fine system in place for 'infringements'; a booking would fall under this, whether that is for dissent or a foul is immaterial. I guess that a ban for reaching a pre-ordained number of bookings will carry an additional penalty.

Hometown Unicorn 23rd October 2017 13.39:36

Someone on the club website has had a laugh and set Jennings' booking tally to 12 so far.

He gets booked a lot, but come on.

Lord Derfyl Cadarn 23rd October 2017 16.33:14

[QUOTE=Funny_Old_Game;2081465]We need someone who has fully functioning eyes that actually went to the game and paid attention to clear it up. Was he booked or not?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I saw him being booked.

redinsaudi 24th October 2017 11.50:54

BBC sport doesnt have Pearson [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41618854]Dagenham & Redbridge 0-1 Wrexham - BBC Sport[/url] cautioned?

RED2309 24th October 2017 11.58:08

At least this means he will (bar injury and sendings off) be available for the Chester game.

Every cloud............etc

les.gtfc 24th October 2017 12.33:20

As I mentioned on another thread before, this was the only thing that let Shaun down when he was with us.

One season he picked up 15 bookings and ended up missing the play-off semi-finals but the following season there was a marked improvement in his attitude and he only picked up about half the number of the previous season.

Also, you often see a referee pull a couple of people out of the melee in the box before a corner is taken. It was a given here, that every time that happened, the Grimsby player would be Shaun, it got to the stage where it became rather comical actually.

Keep up the good start to the season and get yourselves out of that bloody hell hole down there.

moldroadred 24th October 2017 12.50:57

[QUOTE=RED2309;2082037]At least this means he will (bar injury and sendings off) be available for the Chester game.

Every cloud............etc[/QUOTE]

This :hurray:

(Not that I’m condoning dissent) :)

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.46:02.