RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Outstanding defence (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110686-outstanding-defence.html)

Lets Av A Riot 23rd October 2017 15.34:29

Re: Outstanding defence

[QUOTE=stanvax;2081752]It is worth recording that (with the exception Man City and Man Utd) our defensive record (goals conceded per game) is the best in all of the 5 top divisions.

Whilst we all know where our problems lie - Just thought its worth celebrating what an outstanding defensive achievement it has been so far this season.

I reckon this is the strongest back 4 we've had since coming down to this level and gives us an outstanding platform to build from[/QUOTE]

Obeng , Beast , Nkp and Ashton Quartet beats them as a quartet i think

Drury-red 23rd October 2017 15.36:21

Obeng- Pearson-Smith- Ashton

Would be the dream back four

sionwxm 23rd October 2017 16.32:33

Only one second half goal conceded all season is pretty astonishing too. And that was a last minute screamer that would've ended up in the Kop 9 times out of 10. Says a lot about our fitness levels too, both mentally and physically sound.

Birdy 23rd October 2017 17.29:08

Clean sheets are not as satisfying as scoring goals. We would get higher attendances if it was the other way round and hence more revenue.

Foxy 23rd October 2017 20.47:27

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2081853]Obeng- Pearson-Smith- Ashton

Would be the dream back four[/QUOTE]

Maxwell

Those 4 at the back

Keates, Harris , Fowler

Wright, Moult, Jennings

That’s a title winning team

Funny_Old_Game 23rd October 2017 21.04:48

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2081826]No chance. NKP and Creighton every day of the week.[/QUOTE]

Pearson is a much better centre half than Creighton.

standingroomonly2 23rd October 2017 21.07:30

[QUOTE=Drury-red;2081853]Obeng- Pearson-Smith- Ashton

Would be the dream back four[/QUOTE]

This.
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

gazaw 23rd October 2017 21.35:11

[QUOTE=Birdy;2081873]Clean sheets are not as satisfying as scoring goals. We would get higher attendances if it was the other way round and hence more revenue.[/QUOTE]

Agree with your point of view however whilst we keep clean sheets we are picking up points and winning games by the odd goal hence why we are currently 3rd in the table.
From an entertainment prospective it's not great to watch but I am prepared to put up with it, given time we can hopefully improve in other areas.
Was watching Liverpool against Spurs yesterday I bet most Liverpool fans would prefer to have a decent keeper and solid defenders and win 1-0 ,than have decent forwards and
get thrashed the way they did!!!

APJ 23rd October 2017 22.20:55

[QUOTE=stanvax;2081752]It is worth recording that (with the exception Man City and Man Utd) our defensive record (goals conceded per game) is the best in all of the 5 top divisions.

Whilst we all know where our problems lie - Just thought its worth celebrating what an outstanding defensive achievement it has been so far this season.

I reckon this is the strongest back 4 we've had since coming down to this level and gives us an outstanding platform to build from[/QUOTE]

507 mins since last league away goal conceded - (Maidstone August 19) also warrants a mention.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 08.21:48.