RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Outstanding defence (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110686-outstanding-defence.html)

Alan Attack 23rd October 2017 22.23:29

Re: Outstanding defence

Anyone who genuinely thinks Smith is better than NKP is crackers. One is standard conference defender and the other has played regularly 2 leagues higher.

I’d have Creighton over Pearson. Pearson has time to surpass him though.

standingroomonly2 23rd October 2017 22.41:00

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2081953]Anyone who genuinely thinks Smith is better than NKP is crackers. One is standard conference defender and the other has played regularly 2 leagues higher.

I’d have Creighton over Pearson. Pearson has time to surpass him though.[/QUOTE]

Crackers I am then. Smith is by far the better defender. As others have said. NKP was in a team that wasn't reliant on defence and not it under as much pressure. Creighton not a great footballer at all. Strong character and good in the air. I'd put Pearson on a par with him
[size=1][i]Posted via mobile theme[/i][/size]

Hometown Unicorn 23rd October 2017 22.52:43

[QUOTE=Alan Attack;2081953]Anyone who genuinely thinks Smith is better than NKP is crackers. One is standard conference defender and the other has played regularly 2 leagues higher.[/QUOTE]

Manny Smith's played regularly 2 leagues higher though.

andywrex90 24th October 2017 00.42:35

[QUOTE=Foxy;2081937]Maxwell

Those 4 at the back

Keates, Harris , Fowler

Wright, Moult, Jennings

That’s a title winning team[/QUOTE]

All them at there peak would be holding there own in league 1 I would say !!

standingroomonly2 24th October 2017 02.08:24

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2081962]All them at there peak would be holding there own in league 1 I would say !![/QUOTE]

Apart from Jennings who at his peak has struggled to hold down a place up front in the conference

noisy1 24th October 2017 04.29:04

I believe this is down to CD more than anything, I thought that when he came in to help the first time around, that the defence looked much more organised once he arrived.
It is incredible to look back and remember how shit the defence was last term. Every set piece we conceded, we all feared that we would concede and we usually did.

sionwxm 24th October 2017 06.22:43

I'd have Speight in my team over Jennings. A front 3 of Speight, Moult and Danny Wright would cause havoc in this league.

blackbrookred 24th October 2017 06.42:57

[QUOTE=andywrex90;2081962]All them at there peak would be holding there own in league 1 I would say !![/QUOTE]
Has Danny Wright ever played regularly in L1? I am not saying he hasn't, just a question.

louisleftboot 24th October 2017 06.51:23

NKP is better than Smith, talks and is much better with his feet. Smith makes though crowd pleasing slide tackles but NKP rarely had to make last ditch tackles like that because of what I assume was positioning and awareness.

NKP has played more Football League games (if my maths is right) at this point than Manny and was one game away from being in the Championship again last season.

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.11:14.