Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th October 2017, 02.53:32   #10-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend
Twitter: @

Default Re: 3rd in the league

No competition for places and need more players in the building.

Sort it Deano
Old 25th October 2017, 06.53:21   #11-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: none given

I saw Fyide at Chester in the season and at times they played some really good football. I said on here at the time that they will score goals this season. So maybe they are in a false position and defeat at their ground isn’t the end of the world.

However, I also said that they will concede a lot because defensively they were poor that day . And they do concede a lot. The fact that we have created almost nothing against them in 2 games says that we will not be a top 7 side come the end of the season,
Old 25th October 2017, 07.04:10   #12-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I saw Fyide at Chester in the season and at times they played some really good football. I said on here at the time that they will score goals this season. So maybe they are in a false position and defeat at their ground isn’t the end of the world.

However, I also said that they will concede a lot because defensively they were poor that day . And they do concede a lot. The fact that we have created almost nothing against them in 2 games says that we will not be a top 7 side come the end of the season,
I don't fancy our chances if we finish outside the top 3. If we finish 7th we have to win two away games before the final at Wembley (i think!). Can't see it.
Old 25th October 2017, 07.24:51   #13-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

Racecourse Spot:

Quote:

I think Fylde are in a little bit of a false position if you look at how manybganes they've lost. They are where they are chiefly because of bring he number of games they've drawn. At the start if the season they were talented but a bit lightweight for this league. I would expect them to finish comfortably mid table.
Old 25th October 2017, 07.37:57   #14-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sionwxm View Post
First defeat since August. Dire tonight by the sounds of it but we can't go unbeaten forever. Positive we can beat Orient on Saturday, relax everyone. Superb following tonight by the way well done to everyone who went. Let's get back on track on Saturday
Well we need to score goal to beat teams. Flydes defensive record is pretty poor yet we haven't been able to score against them in two matches and have created very little. So are you so confident that we can beat Orient on Saturday? Lets not forget we seem to struggle against teams that are having bad runs.
Old 25th October 2017, 07.38:15   #15-0 (permalink)
-

(info)

Racecourse Spot: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynprifathro View Post
Even though we are still in third place, given the majority of our performances, we are in a flattering position mirrored by our 'goals for' tally! This was exemplified by our second defeat to AFC Fylde, a team well-managed by Dave Challinor and containing two good strikers who ran us ragged and two former young players with skill and energy namely Sam Finley and Jonno Smith. Our lack of creativity and goal drought should have been addressed before the end of the September window. This league is there for the taking!
Our league position is actually mirrored by our “goals against” tally, when you analyse it. Not sure how that makes our league position flattering.
Old 25th October 2017, 08.07:18   #16-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryn Tirion View Post
There is absolutely no chance that we will still be third in the league at Christmas.

Deep down we all know it..
Are you thinking we will go 1st or 2nd?
Old 25th October 2017, 08.11:58   #17-0 (permalink)
retired & running a pub

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:

Actually agree with you.
However in relation to your second paragraph. Fylde brought in two Centre backs from Stoke for the cup game and they actually look quite good defensively. The left back is also a tidy player. Think they'll bit quite a bit higher up the league if they can keep their loanees.
Old 25th October 2017, 10.16:30   #18-0 (permalink)
Part Time ITV4 Pundit

Racecourse Spot: ERS but missing the Kop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NottsRed View Post
Well we need to score goal to beat teams. Flydes defensive record is pretty poor yet we haven't been able to score against them in two matches and have created very little. So are you so confident that we can beat Orient on Saturday? Lets not forget we seem to struggle against teams that are having bad runs.

The thing is NR Fylde have recently got in 2 central defenders from Stoke and are improving at the back, this league is that tight I would not be surprised if Fylde finish in the top 7 2 defeats and we are bottom half, the table at the moment doesn't mean a lot look at the Premier league do you think Huddersfield or Brighton will be up there in April or even Xmas? The table is just a barometer of early season form, if a team relies on it's defence only, or if a team relies on it's forwards only they won't finish high up, it's a team game and to be top dog you need all positions contributing pulling together.

If we do take a nosedive which I predicted a month ago on an earlier thread then with not scoring goals we could end up with the gates dropping because the lack of entertainment on display is up there with the worst ever, I considered going to Fylde but couldn't justify the time or expense for what I knew whatever the result would be a boring game.

Remember we were riding high under Mills until Xmas it his first season then it went tits up, the difference then was we were weak at the back but scored goals and entertained the crowd.

The rest of his tenure is history.
Posted via mobile theme

Last edited by John Neals Dynasty; 25th October 2017 at 10.21:55..
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 13.22:03.