RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board

RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/)
-   Wrexham (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/)
-   -   Coddington (http://www.redpassion.co.uk/forums/wrexham/110700-coddington.html)

Hometown Unicorn 25th October 2017 00.05:13

Coddington

Not even making the matchday squad for Northampton, him going back was obviously our doing. What are we playing at there? If he'd have been playing today, we may not have won that game but he wouldn't have cost us a point in the fashion that Dunn did.

Someone needs to tell Keates that you can't have too many good players.

DenbighRed 25th October 2017 05.50:02

Re: Coddington

As much as I’d love to have him back I can’t see it happening. We don’t have the luxury of being able to have 3 keepers on the books at the same time, unless injury necessitates.

He’s clearly not getting a look in at Northampton, so I’d love to see him back here next season. Best keeper we’ve had since Maxi for me.

Red Light 25th October 2017 05.59:37

Exactly this - he came in on loan to cover the injuries of Dunn & Dibble both of whom are now fit and available.

Personally I think Keates has made the wrong selection out of the two - Dibble looks the better option to me but probably got the shirt as he returned from injury a bit earlier.

It surely wouldn't be right to bring Coddington back now we have two fit and available club keepers (plus the young lad on non contract terms) - what message would that send out to them ?

Bissell 25th October 2017 06.41:15

Dunn was unfortunate with the first goal, it was a very slippy wet surface and he just couldnt get hold of the ball at the first attempt.

His kicking all game, was poor but it wasnt helped by the inability of either forward to flick his kicks on, jump, or hold the ball up. They actually made him look worse than he was as his kicks all came straight back at us.

techender 25th October 2017 06.42:34

The message it would send out is this, "none of you have proven as good as Coddington which is why I brought him back, and if you think you should have the number one shirt, buck your ideas up"

NottsRed 25th October 2017 07.41:08

[QUOTE=techender;2082640]The message it would send out is this, "none of you have proven as good as Coddington which is why I brought him back, and if you think you should have the number one shirt, buck your ideas up"[/QUOTE]

To be fair Dibble was decent when he had his run and IMHO he should be the number one.

Wrexham's Patrick Bateman 25th October 2017 07.47:26

Don't think Goalkeeping is our main problem....Let's address what is...

Wirral Red 25th October 2017 09.53:26

Dunn did make about four very good saves second half.
It was the shambolic ten outfield players that cost us the game.
Fylde were bigger, stronger and wanted the points more.

NottsRed 25th October 2017 10.17:00

[QUOTE=Wirral Red;2082709]Dunn did make about four very good saves second half.
It was the shambolic ten outfield players that cost us the game.
Fylde were bigger, stronger and wanted the points more.[/QUOTE]

When Sam Finley was here wasn't one of the criticisms that he wasn't big enough to play in midfield and would get bullied around?

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 10.32:12.