Advert  

Go Back   RedPassion.co.uk Wrexham FC Message Board > Wrexham

Season Two Episode Threads: S2E1 Welcome Back / S2E2 Quiet Zone / S2E3 Nott Yet / S2E4 Shaun's Vacation / S2E5 First Losers / S2E6 Ballers / S2E7 Giant Killers / S2E8 The Grind / S2E9 Glove Triangle / S2E10 Gresford / S2E11 Yn Codi / S2E12 Hand of Foz / S2E13 Family Business / S2E14 Worst Case Scenario / S2E15 Up The Town?/

Wrexham Talk about things related to Wrexham Football Club !

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th October 2017, 12.57:23   #28-0 (permalink)
-

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot:
Twitter: @

Default Re: Dean Keates - 1 year in charge

Cannot be an A as the football is woeful and an absolute bore to watch. Plus we cannot create enough chances. At the moment it’s a C
Old 26th October 2017, 13.05:22   #29-0 (permalink)
Legend & True Fan

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

I feel we have been very lucky to get as high as 3rd this season.

The defence is better than last season.

The midfield and forwards are worse.

So C- from me, must do better.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.14:09   #30-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot: ERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1954 View Post
Its a 3/4 out of 10 from me so far, for on field work. Defensively we are very good, but this is to the sacrifice of of our midfield who are defensively minded. Our attack is none existent as a result. Result wise the system as worked to date, but entertainment has been poor. The striker situation, leaves Keates with very low marks, I am yet to be convinced he is capable of signing one with goals in him. If we win promotion with these tactics I will be surprised, so come on Deano surprise me.
I can't work out if you're serious or just trolling. On any other website I'd presume you were just a troll but here, I'm not so sure.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.19:36   #31-0 (permalink)
Squad Player

Racecourse Spot: none given

Quote:
Originally Posted by draigwrecsam View Post
His stats:

He's on target for 78 points which should see us into the playoffs.

Need a striker and a winger so Kelly can play inside.
Agree with the playoffs but if there was any danger of Kelly starting central it would have happened by now. Keates for whatever reason doesn't rate him there and won't change now.

Have to say as well that Kelly had a very very poor game at Fylde, virtually nil contribution before being taken off. it would not surprise me if he went the other way and was on the bench Saturday.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.23:42   #32-0 (permalink)

(info 1 & 2)  
Racecourse Spot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny_Old_Game View Post
You have to look at the whole setup since a year ago. He’s improved things massively and made everything more professional from top to bottom.
You are spot on.

Things take time. I know we get frustrated about certain things on the field but this was also the case under Brian Flynn and probably every other half decent manager weve ever had.

There is no guarantee that we will be succesful under Keates but he's made steady progress so far so the signs are encouraging.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.25:02   #33-0 (permalink)
Taking coaching badges

(info)

Racecourse Spot: mold road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbighRed View Post
It's a massive 'A' from me. A year ago we had the worst squad I can remember and were on the verge of getting dragged in to a relegation scrap. 12 months on we're third in the league and have the best defence tied down on 2 year deals. What a foundation that is to build a promotion winning team from.

The work Keates has done in reshaping the club is astounding. Anybody that is complaining needs to give their head a wobble.
I agree with this, but for me it's not about the past, its about the next 12/24 months, keeping us in the race for promotion and in a position to kick on in January. We need to be in the play-offs as a minimum, top 3 ideally, if we can't win the league to give us a better than even chance of going up, this year.

Whilst at the same time and jointly with the board, building other aspects (such as the signing of up and coming players, keeping more CoE kids and increasing the first team squad) to put us in a position where we can maintain a top 3 side, for as long as it takes to win the NL promotion lottery.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.29:13   #34-0 (permalink)

Racecourse Spot: Yale,Lower tier near kop (usually)

Find it baffling the low scores for Keates given our league position.

I genuinely think people would prefer we were free scoring but lower down in the league and leaking goals left right an centre.
Old 26th October 2017, 13.35:03   #35-0 (permalink)
Legend

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: MRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by StattoWrexham View Post
After losing at home to Stamford in the FA Cup last season, if anyone would have said to me that a year later we would have a chance of getting promotion from this league with another set of new players, 3rd in the league, I would have snapped their hands off!

The reality is that we aren't scoring enough goals and the entertainment value is poor but lets see where we are in a few weeks, if we are still up there challenging I will be delighted.

I don't understand where this "tempered the expectations" has come from, we all want to get promoted. But if we keep changing managers and changing everything around then it won't happen, it usually takes a bit of time to build.

I think each year we are still down here the expectations rise and the pressure comes from the media and supporters, we haven't really got much time to be patient now.
What i meant by the statement was when we first came down we expected to push for promotion and for 4/5 seasons we generally did the last 5 seasons we have not and have turned into a low mid table team and a bit of a fixture in the national league. Last 5 seasons or so our season has been over by Christmas.This season is different and even though there are clearly areas to improve i for one think Dk has done a fantastic job. But remember he has only taken us back to were we were in 2012
Old 26th October 2017, 13.40:40   #36-0 (permalink)
Tipped As Manager

(info 1 & 2)

(info)

Racecourse Spot: Techend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBuxton_Forever red View Post
Find it baffling the low scores for Keates given our league position.

I genuinely think people would prefer we were free scoring but lower down in the league and leaking goals left right an centre.
I think c++ is quite fair. Lots of room for improvement and a long way to go this season.

Remember your as good as your last game
Closed Thread

Quick Forum Links: Wrexham Forum - Live Match Threads - Offtopic Chat - General Footy - Other Sports - Entertainment - New Posts - Live Match Threads
RP Homepage Forums List

Season 1 Episode Threads: S1E1 Dream / S1E2 Reality / S1E3 Rebuilding / S1E4 Home Opener / S1E5 Fearless / S1E6 Hamilton! / S1E7 Wide World of Wales / S1E8 Away We Go / S1E9 Welcome Home / S1E10 Hooligans / S1E11 Sack the Gaffer / S1E12 Wins and Losses / S1E13 Worst Team in the League / S1E14 A Hollywood Distraction / S1E15 Daggers / S1E16 Hello Wembley / S1E17 Wromance / S1E18 Do or Die |

Content is user generated and is not moderated before posting.
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and RP does not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information.
The views expressed are those of the individual contributors and not necessarily those of RP.
IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored.

Complaint? Please use the report post tools or contact RP to bring a post, user or thread to the attention of a site 'admin' or 'mod'.
Our privacy policy can be found here.

Select Version: PC View | Mobile RP | Dark

All times are WMT (Wrexham Mean Time). For non-town viewers the time now is 11.54:56.